PS3: Lost Planet $15 - Ferrari Challenge $16 at Amazon

[quote name='1Sail0r']thanks for the deal
icon_biggrin.gif

link for those who are lazy :p [/quote]

Thanks, this is actually a pretty smokin' deal.

Hmmm...middling reviews, and surely long dead multiplayer...

Can't decide whether the single player is worth it.

[quote name='chess']Hmmm...middling reviews, and surely long dead multiplayer...

Can't decide whether the single player is worth it.[/quote]

dude the single player is totally worth it!
pixel.gif

[quote name='AOE34LIFE']dude the single player is totally worth it!
pixel.gif
[/QUOTE]

The story is a tad anime for my taste but it's definitely a solid single player experience.

I rented this one. Never having played the 360 version, I have to say it wasn't that bad, framerate seemed to hold up, I never had any issues. It also has all of the downloadable content from the 360 version already in the game.

[quote name='kitsunisan']I rented this one. Never having played the 360 version, I have to say it wasn't that bad, framerate seemed to hold up, I never had any issues. It also has all of the downloadable content from the 360 version already in the game.[/QUOTE]

No, PS3 port does not contain the extra content of the 360 colony edition of LP

Not a bad game, nice graphics in both versions ... man, I hope the movie blows up this game into a blockbuster level franchise ... only because of my signed 360 copy ... but nonetheless ;-)

[quote name='wildnuts02']i think i read that this one is really inferior to the 360 version....anyone confirm this?[/quote]

The 360 has the "Colonies" edition which has some extra maps, new weapons and a third person view similar to RE4. I think there were also some bugs on the PS3 version (probably this has been fixed already). I got my Colonies edition for $10 (or $15? can't remember) during BF on amazon.com.

Last time I played this, it didn't even support in game XMB. That was months ago though.

And yes, framerate issues. Also very ugly compared to the 360 version.

[quote name='whoknows']Last time I played this, it didn't even support in game XMB. That was months ago though.

And yes, framerate issues. Also very ugly compared to the 360 version.[/quote]

What?

How can a game not support in game XMB?

I got this game summer of last year $15 used and I'm certain it worked

It's pretty obvious. Most of the reviews make sure to point out that the 360 and PC versions both look better than this. If you don't have a 360 or a decent video card, then by all mean buy this. You can't beat $16. But if you have access to those other platforms, do yourself a favor and play this on them.

[quote name='arrness']What?

How can a game not support in game XMB?

I got this game summer of last year $15 used and I'm certain it worked[/QUOTE]

If I still had it, I'd check, but I'm 100% sure it didn't when I did have it. I remember complaining about it.

They also have a comparison video on youtube. it doesn't show much but you could see somewhat of a difference. But if you compare fifteen bucks for the ps3 version to twenty eight for the 360 you might as well get the ps3 version.

But for $28 you get the Colonies edition for the 360. So, not only are you not paying for a poorly done port, you'd be getting the superior version, which includes a bunch of new content.

Yep, anyone who wants to play this should absolutely grab colonies for 360. I was severely disappointed with the lack of quality of this port.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']But for $28 you get the Colonies edition for the 360. So, not only are you not paying for a poorly done port, you'd be getting the superior version, which includes a bunch of new content.[/quote]

With all do respect. I'M CHEAP. :cool:

Dammit, I've been on the fence about this game for ages but it got good enough reviews that I figured I'd be in when it went under $20.

Amazon is raping my wallet in the last week or so.

So to get the FSSS can you just add a Nintendo DSI to your cart then cancel the order after its placed? Will Amazon let me do that?

7.2 user score, and 6.5 gamespot. Seems like they fixed a few bugs too, and the game improved. Pretty good price too, I might bite on this.
random.gif

7.2 user score, and 6.5 gamespot. Seems like they fixed a few bugs too, and the game improved. Pretty good price too, I might bite on this.
random.gif

[quote name='vtalon']Thanks for this post.
00.gif
[/quote]

Yeah, exactly, for this price, may as well give it a try. It has fast cars, that works.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']But for $28 you get the Colonies edition for the 360. So, not only are you not paying for a poorly done port, you'd be getting the superior version, which includes a bunch of new content.[/quote]

does colonies just add multiplayer maps?

It does add a bunch of MP stuff, but also adds new single-player modes, like Score Attack and Time Trial. There is also a mode where the game can be played from first-person.

I picked this up last week for $19.99 , dang . :cry:

The trophy patch is from Europe according to the CAG trophy thread , so be sure to log in /create a EUR account to get the proper update .

Also the game doesn't seem to have DS3 rumble support [a major pet peeve of mine for racing games] .
Other than that the game is pretty good for the price .
You know your just getting Ferrari's , so you know what your getting into .
It has the Forza/GT5:p driving line so that's cool .

Be sure to change the camera to normal from 'dynamic' .

The dynamic camera is very hard to drive with , it's more like a replay type camera where the camera is locked on the center of the road rather than the car .
It seemed to almost induce a 'Blair Witch' effect when I was trying to play .

bread's done
Back