PS3 Mouse/control question.

SonicJ

CAGiversary!
Well, I know UT3 allows (at least on ps3) to have two players play together split-screen, with one player using the control while the other may use a USB keyboard + mouse. You can even play online like that (And filter out matches were people use Kb+M) So that led me to thinking, what about people who purchase those half mouse/half controller or the converter box to play FPS's without support for KB+M? Well, to end this, my question is, are such things legal? (Both law wise, and sony wise) If you under stand what im saying.

I don't see why not. If you ask me any FPS that doesn't support M/KB isn't a real shooter and is meant for children. I really wish more people would speak up and get this changed, at least give us the option to use the right controls. Would you play a fighting game with a steering wheel? That's what using analogs is like. If all the experienced FPS players asked for it I'm sure they'd listen. I've heard mixed reviews on these converter boxes and haven't tried them yet.

There are a handful of games on PS3 I'd try but I refuse to touch them due to the control scheme. There was a time when I'd just play them on PC but some don't get ported and the rest force you to use XP or newer.

Well as for fighting games, I only play D-pad. No matter what.
(Dead or alive 4, Virtual fighter 5, Soul calibur IV) But I understand where your comparison is. And I dislike much the direction consoles take with shooters (im going to write a blog post about this some time). Like why can't we map our own buttons-functions? Its a sick and ugly scheme I see almost too often. I want to say 90% really.
Right now on PS3 for shooting I have Fear 2, Killzone 2,resistance , Fall out 3, time crisis 4 , and unreal tournamanet 3. Also to mention I played COD 4.

Out of those seven games , its like this :

Mappable buttons!-
Resistance

Non-Mappable buttons!- (Ala, pre made "control schemes" only)
Fear 2
Killzone 2
Fallout 3
COD4

Other-
UT3- Mouse+ keyboard support (Plus mods. Sony really let them loss with this)
Time crisis 4 (Because you play like a light gun game, with the gun)

Same goes for halo 3 as much as this goes. It doesn't bother me to an extreme, but why do they not let us map the buttons our self? What or where is the harm in them? I kinda convinced myself to pic up one of those mouse things, although Im not touching the converters. Too bad these things are only online to purchase.

bread's done
Back