PS3 Move Games $9.99 Each (New) @ GameStop

[quote name='AugustAPC']I've always felt Move was a gigantic waste of money. It's a blatant rip-off of the Wii, with even less games! The kinect is a neat little casual friendly device that does more than just play games... so I can see the desire for that...

I love my PS3, but in all honesty, these "hardcore gamers" that support the move are just blatant fanboys :\[/QUOTE]

Hardly. If I was a fanboy to anything (and I'm not), it's the Xbox. I rarely use my PS3 for anything other than a Bluray player, but I still have a Move. My fiance and I play Sports Champions and Start the Party alot, amongst some of the other games. Wii ripoff or not, it's a hell of a lot more refined and accurate than the Wii's "stutter motion."

And about the Singstar bundle, if you check the ad closely, the bundle is pictured.

Yeah, the Move is superior to Wii in just about every way except sales and, consequently, number of games available.

Kinect is very limiting if you don't have just the right of space lit just the right way. I've found it to be more a source of frustration than anything else. Also, no games.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Ok, I'm confused...On GS's site it shows the game-only version for $10:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/singstar-dance/78147

Yet, you got the bundle (game, 2 x mics & USB converter) in-store for $10?!? I only wanted the bundle for the mics if it's only $10.

Thanks, was thinking about picking it up.[/QUOTE]

Yep, as Sp00ge pointed out, what you see there is the bundle and that's all GS sells new. Your experience is a consequence of weird pricing stuff that goes on when GS puts stuff on sale temporarily. You probably saw that the in-store price was $39.99 on the website. Putting a "hold" on the item through the website is a bit like ordering it online; nevertheless, the game probably would have rung up at $9.99 if the employee had bothered to check (and you may have fallen victim to the dick-employee syndrome). For future reference, it may be better just to call and ask someone at the store to hold the item for you.

I've seen several posts in this thread stating that the Sharpshooter peripheral isn't that great for shooters (which makes me wonder what it was designed for!). How have CAGers experiences been with the Mad Catz and other 3PV "pistol" type attachments for the Move? Do they work well for things like Killzone 3 and Resistance 3? One of the main reasons I don't really play FPS games on my PS3 is that I can't get the kind of precision aiming that I can with a mouse and keyboard (I know a lot of games have "aiming-assist" features but that feels like cheating and I don't see why I should use a poorer control scheme if I don't have to).

[quote name='Havokscry']I'm a bit annoyed. I went into my local Gamestop on Saturday and but a bunch of accessories for the Move at the 50% off sale. The one game I wanted most out of the bunch was Singstar Dance. Neither of my local Gamestops had it, so they told me to check online. The closest store that had it in stock was 35 miles away. I put a hold on it through the website and received the confirmation. When I went down to pick it up, they held the bundle instead of the stand-alone game. The bundle rang up at $39.99. They told me that if I wanted a used copy with no case or instructions for $9.99, I could go to another local store. I just walked out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dboy81']It shows as 39.99 on the website for the "in-store" price so maybe putting it on hold put the price on hold, too? I bought the bundle in-store as well. The cashier said "OK, that's $39.99 plus tax." I asked him to scan it and it rang up as $9.99. Then he looked at me funny as if to say "Singstar Dance? Really?"[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Ok, I'm confused...On GS's site it shows the game-only version for $10:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/singstar-dance/78147

Yet, you got the bundle (game, 2 x mics & USB converter) in-store for $10?!? I only wanted the bundle for the mics if it's only $10.

Thanks, was thinking about picking it up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='warreni']Yep, as Sp00ge pointed out, what you see there is the bundle and that's all GS sells new. Your experience is a consequence of weird pricing stuff that goes on when GS puts stuff on sale temporarily. You probably saw that the in-store price was $39.99 on the website. Putting a "hold" on the item through the website is a bit like ordering it online; nevertheless, the game probably would have rung up at $9.99 if the employee had bothered to check (and you may have fallen victim to the dick-employee syndrome). For future reference, it may be better just to call and ask someone at the store to hold the item for you.[/QUOTE]

I bought 2 singstar dance /mics using the hold. 1 hold was in-store= the employee call the other store to hold it for me and 1 hold was thru the website. Both times the employees said something like that will be $39.99, but they rang up $9.99.

So it doesn't matter how you hold the item.

[quote name='warreni']I've seen several posts in this thread stating that the Sharpshooter peripheral isn't that great for shooters (which makes me wonder what it was designed for!). How have CAGers experiences been with the Mad Catz and other 3PV "pistol" type attachments for the Move? Do they work well for things like Killzone 3 and Resistance 3? One of the main reasons I don't really play FPS games on my PS3 is that I can't get the kind of precision aiming that I can with a mouse and keyboard (I know a lot of games have "aiming-assist" features but that feels like cheating and I don't see why I should use a poorer control scheme if I don't have to).[/QUOTE]

The sharpshooter is cool, but front heavy. So you get tired.

The sharpshooter isn't anything like a mouse/keyboard.

For the start, I too didn't like FPS on consoles, but as I played more....I didn't mind much.

[quote name='Bullwinkle']Yeah, the Move is superior to Wii in just about every way except sales and, consequently, number of games available.

Kinect is very limiting if you don't have just the right of space lit just the right way. I've found it to be more a source of frustration than anything else. Also, no games.[/QUOTE]

The only advantage the Wiimote has is the pointer. Move's pointer becomes "loose" over time and needs more recalibration.

So, can anyone who has played Move Heroes multiplayer (single system) tell me this? I know the game is "enhanced" with the Nav controller. But does it help for 2 players to have them, or only 1? I ended up getting 2 Nav controllers but was going to return 1 since I got the second online with that accessory coupon that only worked for a few hours. I could return the $14.99 one I got at the store. But if there is an advantage to having two players use them at the same time then maybe I'll just keep it.

Also, are there any games where you can use more than 2 Move controllers at once (multiplayer of course)? I kind of wish now that I had ordered 1 or 2 more with that coupon but could still get one from a store if it seems worth it. I already had 2 controllers before this sale (unfortunately I blew a $20 coupon I had for GS.com to get one just a few months back).

Move heroes uses the second move as kind of an assisted shooting mechanic. The second player can shoot bad guys, shoot crystal, etc. while the main player move around and does his typical interactions. I like the game, the move controls are spot on, but sometimes the levels are confusing or the directions are not clear. I'm still on world one, they have one world for each set of heroes plus one additional one corresponding to the bad guys.

I received a call and e-mail from the DM today regarding the Singstar Dance. He informed me that there was some kind of bug with the POS system and that the bundles SHOULD be $9.99. He is going to overnight the bundle from the store I went to last night to the local Gamestop. He came through.

[quote name='Havokscry']I received a call and e-mail from the DM today regarding the Singstar Dance. He informed me that there was some kind of bug with the POS system and that the bundles SHOULD be $9.99. He is going to overnight the bundle from the store I went to last night to the local Gamestop. He came through.[/QUOTE]

That's customer service! :)

[quote name='sp00ge']...And about the Singstar bundle, if you check the ad closely, the bundle is pictured.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you look at the ad closely (in my original GS link), right above the guy it says, "USB microphones required" & on the actual bundle cover, it says, "SingStar microphones included" hence my confusion.

[quote name='warreni']Yep, as Sp00ge pointed out, what you see there is the bundle and that's all GS sells new. Your experience is a consequence of weird pricing stuff that goes on when GS puts stuff on sale temporarily. You probably saw that the in-store price was $39.99 on the website. Putting a "hold" on the item through the website is a bit like ordering it online; nevertheless, the game probably would have rung up at $9.99 if the employee had bothered to check (and you may have fallen victim to the dick-employee syndrome). For future reference, it may be better just to call and ask someone at the store to hold the item for you.[/QUOTE]

I haven't gone to a GS to see it in person yet but yeah, I usually call before I go & ask them to hold for me if I intend to buy later that day.

[quote name='Havokscry']I received a call and e-mail from the DM today regarding the Singstar Dance. He informed me that there was some kind of bug with the POS system and that the bundles SHOULD be $9.99. He is going to overnight the bundle from the store I went to last night to the local Gamestop. He came through.[/QUOTE]

Nice, that's what I wanted to hear, thanks! I'll see if any local GS's around me has this bundle.

I'm guessing none of the used games are 9.99 or less. I was looking for some decent stuff to pick up for the 50% sale. oh well guess it time for more Madden 2002

The procrastination on my behalf is my fault but what I got at GS today was utter bullshit!

Here is the "new" copy they were trying to sell me,
they couldn't find the the box, the mics or the case. Instead they were trying to give me one mic from the Def Jam game, I was pretty pissed and even started to cuss which I rarely do in stores.

The guy was offering me "10%" but I told him he could keep the dollar. I ended up getting the game for free after talking to the shift manager but the whole situation was crap. I'm going to call the DM and see if that does anything, I told the guy loosing inventory isn't good and got the "whole store just got flipped around recently story."

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably would have laughed my @ss off if they had tried to hand me a generic case w/no cover and missing the mics and said it was "new." That's just way beyond even ridiculous.

I would contact their district manager, especially if it isn't your regular store.

Probably shouldnt have sworn at them, though, as that will never help your case. They seemed to have made some sort of effort to rectify the situation, but I honestly would have laughed it out the door.... selling a "new" product like that... that is, by definition, NOT new. In the end, though, lost inventory happens and is unfortunate when you're on the receiving end. I've had this sort of thing happen to me dozens of times and have even had an employee tell me I had no idea what I was talking about in order to sell me an older model.

[quote name='AwRy108']No, the problem is, all these games should've launched at $10-$20, not $40.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Really hoping the Ratchet All 4 One game is good, Sony is dragging that franchise through the mud with these Move games.

Yeah, I've seen on Gamestop walls those generic cases with the "new" price tag. Figured they had the real deal behind the counter/in the back room. Only way I would have taken that is if there wasn't that game within a 100 mile radius of me.

[quote name='honkyjesus']Agreed. Really hoping the Ratchet All 4 One game is good, Sony is dragging that franchise through the mud with these Move games.[/QUOTE]
Wow you're dumb. The newest Ratchet game is NOT a Move game. And I don't know what you're talking about. Ratchet's last game Crack in Time was the greatest PS3 game ever.

[quote name='SuperMario64']Wow you're dumb. The newest Ratchet game is NOT a Move game. And I don't know what you're talking about. Ratchet's last game Crack in Time was the greatest PS3 game ever.[/QUOTE]

Kinda harsh aint it?

[quote name='SuperMario64']Wow you're dumb. The newest Ratchet game is NOT a Move game. And I don't know what you're talking about. Ratchet's last game Crack in Time was the greatest PS3 game ever.[/QUOTE]

Too many shrooms. Lol.

I always thought that when gamestop had a generic case marked as new on the shelf it was just a place holder. If they are actually trying to sell that as new, it means they simply lost the case or gave it to a customer who bought a disc only used copy. They really should just lable the thing as pre owned in that case. The customer shouldn't have to spend more money for something that really isn't new anymore just because some employee was irresponsible when handling inventory.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I always thought that when gamestop had a generic case marked as new on the shelf it was just a place holder. If they are actually trying to sell that as new, it means they simply lost the case or gave it to a customer who bought a disc only used copy. They really should just lable the thing as pre owned in that case. The customer shouldn't have to spend more money for something that really isn't new anymore just because some employee was irresponsible when handling inventory.[/QUOTE]

Technically, the game was cheaper marked "New" compared to "used."

[quote name='skiizim']The procrastination on my behalf is my fault but what I got at GS today was utter bullshit!

Here is the "new" copy they were trying to sell me,
they couldn't find the the box, the mics or the case. Instead they were trying to give me one mic from the Def Jam game, I was pretty pissed and even started to cuss which I rarely do in stores.

The guy was offering me "10%" but I told him he could keep the dollar. I ended up getting the game for free after talking to the shift manager but the whole situation was crap. I'm going to call the DM and see if that does anything, I told the guy loosing inventory isn't good and got the "whole store just got flipped around recently story."[/QUOTE]

Nice to know after 6 months of not stepping foot at GameStop that they are still pretty consistent with their practices. -_- probably would have a better experience at a flea market with the haggling involved.

[quote name='SuperMario64']He was bashing the Ratchet franchise, if you haven't noticed...[/QUOTE]

So in turn you have to call him names? I did not know we had reps from Insomniac posting here, that's pretty cool. Oh wait, you don't work for them? So why do you feel the need to defend it from his opinion by insulting him?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']So in turn you have to call him names? I did not know we had reps from Insomniac posting here, that's pretty cool. Oh wait, you don't work for them? So why do you feel the need to defend it from his opinion by insulting him?[/QUOTE]

Yea you should have done it the gentleman way.Taking off one of your gloves, slapping him in the face with said glove, demanding respect and therefore challenging him to a duel at high noon....Oh yea this is a Internet forum....nevermind you did it correctly.

bread's done
Back