PS3 Newbie Questions (Multiple User Accounts)

Batcave Dweller

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just early-Xmas-gifted myself a Classic White 500GB PS3...

I did import BlazBlue Chronophantasma LE (I know there's a US version coming out in a few months but what the hell...) so it was necessary to create a Japanese PSN account to get bonus DLC and use online features.

Since this is my first PS3, I'm trying to understand how this system works in terms of multiple user accounts (especially from different regions).  I want to ask two questions for starters...

1)  Does the Automatic Update feature only work for one user account?  I can't use it for two or more user accounts that are tied to different regions, even if they use different 2-hour intervals?

2)  If I download & install DLC via my JP PSN account, do I have access to such content when playing the game under my US user account?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. i think on ps3 you can only set one account to log on automatically (its still a kinda new feature i dont think it works very good, ton of people tried to use it with huge launches like gta5 in PSN but it didnt work good).

2. if you download any dlc or game, you can use it with all accounts in your ps3. but japanese DLC will only work on the japanese game, as will US dlc only work with the US version of the game. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Automatic updates works with any games you have recently played no matter what region. If you play the BlazBlue CC on your US account it will download the update if one is found.

Most DLC can be accessed from any account on the system as long as the game region matches. Any DLC that is listed as a service can only be used from the original account since it is tied to it (most games do not do it this way; normally it is only Season Passes that utilize this at the moment. GRan Turismo 5 DLC used this method as well though and may be a few others.)

bread's done
Back