PS3 NYKO ZERO with Rumble $29.99 at GS/EB

Jiggadabaptist

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Didn't see this posted anywhere, if it's already been posted, then Mods please delete...

For those PS3 owners looking for an alternative to the 6-Axis, or for a less expensive way to experience rumble this controller is pretty cool.
The sticks feel a bit more like the analogue on the 360 controller.

It looks bulky in pictures, but it feels pretty cool in person.

Reviews have been great as well, (Well at least from Professional review sites.)

I think that it's on clearance at GS/EB because the stickers still say $59.99
but it rings up for $30, Plus it's not showing up on the website at all...

002-3261_2.jpg

Some Pros
1. Thumbsticks feel awesome.

2. Cheapest way to actually get Rumble!

3. Comes with a Rechargeable battery pack, and extra holder for AA batteries if necessary.

4. EDIT: 10 Ft USB Charging CABLE

5. EDIT Forgot to Mention the BACKLIGHTING of the Buttons is pretty cool as well.
(You can play with it on or off)

6. Sleek Feel

Some Cons.
1. It takes up a USB slot on your PS3 due to the Adapter

2. Not Bluetooth enabled, so it won't turn on the PS3 (Lazy gamers...)

3. For some reason people reported some weird set up mishaps...

4. L1 + R1 Buttons are a bit weird.

5. Obviously it's a 3rd party controller, (Albeit the #1 rated one by IGN.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm, I missed out a few times that places had deals on this controller, so I might have to jump here, especially considering I have some credit at GS. Thanks a lot, OP.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Hmmmm, I missed out a few times that places had deals on this controller, so I might have to jump here, especially considering I have some credit at GS. Thanks a lot, OP.[/quote]

Yeah Definitely check it out, as the controller looks weird from the front, but it feels great and it's gotten great reviews all around from every site that I've seen. I enjoy it.

I've got to pop in CoD4 and see how this feels with that.

Just to let people know, this was a DotD on Amazon a while ago, and some people who ordered it got models without rumble.
So if you buy it, be sure to save the receipt!

[quote name='SDC']Just to let people know, this was a DotD on Amazon a while ago, and some people who ordered it got models without rumble.
So if you buy it, be sure to save the receipt![/quote]

Yep, I remember this thread. Now, I am unsure of this, but did they ever make a model without a rumble? Or were all of those people simply getting broken controllers? Because if I remember correctly, a bunch of people reported having no rumble, which makes me a bit hesitant to buy this.

Another good cheap controller with rumble is the Madcatz one. I got mine for $30 and it's really nice. I use it over the Sixaxis because it just feels better.

No rechargeable battery sadly...makes me kind of want the one in the OP.

The main reason I am really interested in the Zero is because of its size. I have gotten very use to the 360 controller over the last year or so, and now the DS design just seems so small in my hands.

my six-axis barely even runs anymore, I'm gonna try and buy another battery kit and try to replace the bad one, this thing seems bulky

It would be nice to be able to buy an officially licensed 3rd party PS3 controller, that actually used the Bluetooth communication protocol and not a 2.4GHz dongle.

bread's done
Back