PS3 Online Store will use $$ not "points"

I prefer points over dollars. Sometimes, you can get the points at discounts. It also generally makes people buy more, myself included, because you're not spending "real" money.

Is my understanding correct that I cannot buy more "points" over XBL? I have to go buy a new card? If Sony allows you to simply charge a credit card for new content, then that alone will be better to me. I also thought the whole "points" thing is kind of silly and misleading. I suppose you do have a point about the cards, but isn't it likely that Sony will still sell such prepay cards in stores considering parents won't want their kids playing with credit cards online? After all, they do sell Everquest subscription cards in this manner.

On one hand, I hate the points system with a passion-- nothing adds up, you always have a remainder and the whole "vegas effect" where you just cash in these meaningless points is meant to make you not care about how much you are actually spending. It's basically the perfect example of a highly irrational capitalist system, complete with a parasitic relationship between Capitalist and Proletariat :lol:

on the other, I like deals on points.

[quote name='elwood731']Is my understanding correct that I cannot buy more "points" over XBL? I have to go buy a new card? If Sony allows you to simply charge a credit card for new content, then that alone will be better to me. I also thought the whole "points" thing is kind of silly and misleading. I suppose you do have a point about the cards, but isn't it likely that Sony will still sell such prepay cards in stores considering parents won't want their kids playing with credit cards online? After all, they do sell Everquest subscription cards in this manner.[/QUOTE]

you can buy them on live. I forget if they are more expensive online.

[quote name='elwood731']Is my understanding correct that I cannot buy more "points" over XBL? I have to go buy a new card? [/quote]

You can buy multiple denominations of points over live. It's close the the same price as the store.

sony is only hurting themselves on this one. spending money hurts my brain more than spending special fantasy points. same principle applies to studies showing people spend more with credit cards than wehn using cash...its a psychological thing.

what exactly can we buy again? I wouldn't mind a service that will let me buy and download any PSone game ever made. Maybe, I'll finally be able to play Suikoden 2 and Valkyrie Profile finally.

[quote name='mtxbass1']You can buy multiple denominations of points over live. It's close the the same price as the store.[/QUOTE]
Ok, thanks to you and the poster above. I was unsure.

bread's done
Back