PS3 optical audio help

TheMoor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Hey cheapasses, i need your help. I have my PS3 hook up though a HDMI-to-DVI cable since my tv only supports DVI. For the audio I wanted to go with an optical cable but can't seem to get it to work. I already change the audio setting to optical from my PS3 main menu. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']You have to make sure you save your settings when you change them by going to the right on the xmb.[/QUOTE]

I made sure, thanks though. Any other suggestions?

[quote name='TheMoor']I made sure, thanks though. Any other suggestions?[/QUOTE]
Check your receiver, make sure you have the correct input selected.

I think that's all I can recommend at this point.

Edit: You also made sure that you checked the three boxes (DD 5.1, AAC, DTS 5.1) after the optical selection screen?

[quote name='CheapyD']Have you updated your firmware?
This was a problem I had with the earlier firmware.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i'm at 1.60 I'm trying to hook it up directly to my tv which has a "optical output" and an "upgrade port". I have tried both but to no avail. I think i'm just going to hook it up though the composite audio. Oh well. Thank anyways.

if your tv has optical out, then that means it goes out to the receiver. You need to plug the ps3 into a receiver not your tv, unless I'm missing something

[quote name='striker199']if your tv has optical out, then that means it goes out to the receiver. You need to plug the ps3 into a receiver not your tv, unless I'm missing something[/QUOTE]

Yup, what he said

[quote name='striker199']if your tv has optical out, then that means it goes out to the receiver. You need to plug the ps3 into a receiver not your tv, unless I'm missing something[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was the problem. Thanks for all the help.

[quote name='guyver2077']i have a firmWARE 1.10 and have had no probs connecting ps3 to receiver via optical[/QUOTE]

Just curious, why didn't you upgrade? Is there something I'm missing about the PS3 (I thought people LIKED the PS3 firmware updates, and loathed the PSP updates)

bread's done
Back