PS3 or 3DS?

Linkgx1

CAGiversary!
I'm kind of stumped right now. I already have an Xbox 360 with plenty of games. I'm afraid...no....I KNOW the 3DS will get a revision soon. I'm wondering if it either would be worth it (also note that the Wii U is suppoed to come out this year). I'm so lost right now. Both systems have games I want...but I work 40 hours week and go to school full time. I'm thing a 3DS...But its a bit expensive for a handheld....but I can carry it with me. My iPhone 4S is surpringly good for my gaming habits. Any tips?

[quote name='j-cart']Buy a PSP (on the cheap for $89!) and save the rest of the cash for booze/chicks/travel.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty good advice. There's not much point in buying a 3DS yet, since there's barely any games available for it. The PSP has great graphics and a lot of great games out for it.. Even though the PSP Vita is coming out soon, some US publishers such as XSEED and Atlus are still releasing some promising games for the PSP.

Do you think you'd game enough on the go to bother with a handheld console?

I don't, and I'm fine just playing casual games on my iPhone here and there if I get the urge. I usually just read some of whatever e-book I'm currently reading on my Kindle on the iPhone's Kindle App when stuck in waiting rooms etc. these days though.

Well, obviously the OP is looking for something with more depth than the majority of iPhone fare or he'd never have started this thread in the first place.

It doesn't sound as if he has enough free time at home to get his money's worth out of a PS3. I'd say it really comes down to a DS or PSP. The 3DS can wait. Meanwhile, both of the aging handhelds offer massive numbers of great games going cheap and the machines themselves are very affordable.

Resist the new until the price is right.

bread's done
Back