PS3 or PSP?

necrojustice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
I wasn't sure which section to post this in.

I'm considering a purchase of either a PSP or a PS3. I have a 360 and don't know of a whole lot of exclusives coming out for awhile that I am interested in for PS3. (MGS4, LBP, etc.)

Obviously one has Blu-Ray, the other is mobile. What do you guys think?

[quote name='necrojustice']I wasn't sure which section to post this in.

I'm considering a purchase of either a PSP or a PS3. I have a 360 and don't know of a whole lot of exclusives coming out for awhile that I am interested in for PS3. (MGS4, LBP, etc.)

Obviously one has Blu-Ray, the other is mobile. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]I may give you a long write-up sometime, because I really like both. And I wouldn't mind since you were always pretty nice to me. :)

[quote name='necrojustice']Obviously one has Blu-Ray, the other is mobile.[/quote]

Well I don't think anyone can answer this question but you, which is more important to you?

I'm worried that whichever one I get is going to have a small amount of enjoyable games. I like a few of the PSP games I've seen but I have considerably large hands. I also really dislike the nub and would have to get a replacement for it. One of the things that's keeping me on the PSP side is it's something I could play if my roommate is dying to play his Wii.

I'd say if you were more into JRPG and strategy RPGs, you should go with the PSP. I personally loved Jeanne d'Arc (why didn't this get a PS2 port?), Crisis Core: FFVII, Valkyrie Profile, and Brave Story. If you're looking for a deal, I've got mine up for sale now over in the trading forum.

I have both. Both have a different purpose. I play both daily. It all depends on what you are looking for. It sounds to me like you don't like the PSP to begin with.

Well I sold my PS3 (going to rebuy when I have the cash...) and only have a PSP right now and it suits me just fine. I'm a huge PSP fan and even I will admit there is a dearth of games announced for its future.

My honest advice is to wait for E3 as there are bound to be some big announcements for either system and you'll be able to make a much better decision. It's only two months away which sounds like kind of a long time but if you've already got a 360 to keep you entertained you should be fine.

My quick reply to this would be, if you want pretty good games that are already out (and a pretty good selection), go with a PSP.

Although PS3 has some pretty good games IMO, but if you want games which are coming in the future (because PS3 definitely has a much more impressive future than the PSP), then go with a PS3. In your case you'll probably stick to buying the 360 version (although in my case I almost always buy the PS3 version). Also, depending upon what PS3 SKU you get, you can play PS1 games with the 40GB, and PS1/PS2 games with other SKUs, which would seem like the overall better deal to me.

Personally, I do prefer the games PSP has right now, but at the same time, I do play my PS3 more since I'm into HD and prefer playing consoles on the TV (PS3 is better online too).
[quote name='cochesecochese']Well I sold my PS3 (going to rebuy when I have the cash...) and only have a PSP right now and it suits me just fine. I'm a huge PSP fan and even I will admit there is a dearth of games announced for its future.

My honest advice is to wait for E3 as there are bound to be some big announcements for either system and you'll be able to make a much better decision. It's only two months away which sounds like kind of a long time but if you've already got a 360 to keep you entertained you should be fine.[/QUOTE]
I didn't know you sold it, but I understand since I know you were pretty short on $$.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Well I sold my PS3 (going to rebuy when I have the cash...) and only have a PSP right now and it suits me just fine. I'm a huge PSP fan and even I will admit there is a dearth of games announced for its future.

My honest advice is to wait for E3 as there are bound to be some big announcements for either system and you'll be able to make a much better decision. It's only two months away which sounds like kind of a long time but if you've already got a 360 to keep you entertained you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

not sure about what's coming out of E3. It looks gloomy though, since a lot of devlopers/publishers have pulled out of ESA.

I'd say PS3 because I believe that Sony is working on a new PSP, plus the PSP will go down in price before the PS3 does, so you can always get it later... Cheaper.

I like handhelds but I just never have enough time for them. I suppose if you have a job that requires a commute or something it would be very useful.

I like what the PS3 provides alongside my 360.

Playstation exclusives that I wouldn't want to miss out on.
(Metal Gear Solid 4, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 1/2, Killzone 2, Socom, MLB The Show, White Knight, Twisted Metal, Tekken 6, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Disgaea 3, The Getaway, 8 Days, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, etc.)

Blu-ray player to put my HDTV to full use.

And it is my security in case I get RRoD'd by 360, which I am going through now.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
I didn't know you sold it, but I understand since I know you were pretty short on $$.[/quote]

Believe me, it hurt. I know I'll never see a new 60 gig in my life but it was literally a choice between eating or gaming that month. I finally got a decent gig and will probably be able to pick up a PS3 again by the end of the summer fortunately.

in the long run, PS3 all the way. PSP future(well to me IMo) is secret agent clank and well the Kingdom hearts game. so yeah PS3.

bread's done
Back