Ps3 or standalone blu-ray player?

ajumbaje

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
So I'm moving to an apartment next month and was wondering what you all suggest.

I am open to getting a ps3 if the price is right(250 or less).

I was wondering if the quality of the picture on the system is as good as or better than some of the blu ray players around the 100-150$ mark. Even looking at players sub-100 as long as they are wifi capable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The picture quality for me looks no different than my Toshiba blu-ray player.  I didn't sit there and analyze every second but it looks the same.

I would say if you plan to play some PS3 games or a big fan of Amazon Instant Video or Netflix i would get the PS3.  They have full-scale applications unlike most blu-ray players where it is a "lite" version.  

Definitely go PS3. Bundles have been on sale a lot lately and they aren't that much more than a feature loaded Blu player.

If you'd play games on PS3, go that route since it's not much more than a decent standalone player like the Sony S590.   Also, be aware that if you don't want to use the controller for movies etc., you'll need to buy a bluetooth remote for the PS3, or an IR adapter to plug into it to use a regular universal remote.

I have both a PS3 and the Sony S-590.  I had a standalone BR player for years before getting a PS3 (had Sony S-350 previously, upgraded to get wifi and streaming apps and 3D), and just prefer using it to putting extra wear and tear on a console--also much quieter than a console for movies.

But if I could only have one, I'd go PS3 as there are a lot of great games and it's a great BR player as well.  Lack of built in IR remote support is annoying though.

Sony card comes with a 100$ statement credit ATM. Either a 20-30$ blu ray player or a 160$ console. Decisions decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hell yea, get the PS3. It is a great gaming system and you have more apps to round out your video entertainment experience as well.

If you plan on using any streaming services like Netflix or Hulu, I think the PS3 is the better choice.  I have a PS3 and a standalone player(Sony S590) and in my experience the PS3 apps are much nicer.  They load quicker, have more options and a better interface.

If you plan on using any streaming services like Netflix or Hulu, I think the PS3 is the better choice. I have a PS3 and a standalone player(Sony S590) and in my experience the PS3 apps are much nicer. They load quicker, have more options and a better interface.
The apps are nicer on the PS3 (or 360), but I still usually use them on my S590 as the fans in the PS3 and 360 (have the slim model of both) annoy me when watching at night since I have to keep the volume lower.

bread's done
Back