PS3 ports needed

wurms

CAGiversary!
Feedback
118 (100%)
Lots of people arent fans of titles just being ported over, but with the Vita's power we basically get an identical port. With so many games released for PS3, I dont get to play all the games I want at home because the select few like Skyrim, Battlefield 3, and AAA's like Batman:AC take all my home time.

Rayman is the perfect example. I wanted to play, but I have no time for it on PS3. Now its a must have title on Vita.

Wondering what other games on PS3 may get a better experience or comeback on the Vita. Not the AAA's that everyone wants, but the titles that were good, and were passed up on the console but would thrive on the portability of the Vita system.

My picks:
Vanquish - awesome graphics and superb arcade gameplay. The levels take 5-15 minutes, perfect for portable gaming. The arcade style points for levels would be great for leaderboards.

Mirrors Edge - The style is great, gameplay is fast. All the time-trials, challenges, etc would be perfect for on-the-go gaming. Good sales on Vita could help push for a Vita only Mirrors Edge sequel.

Earth Defense Force - non-stop action game that would be fantastic in ad hoc multiplayer mode.

Enslaved - good looking game, Uncharted like gameplay. Didnt sell to well on PS3, would be the alternative to people who already finished Uncharted Golden Abyss and want more.

NBA Jam would be amazingly fun on the Vita. They could easily make a perfect port of that too. But we probably won't see it on the system until the fall if they come out with another Jam game at that time.

I could see them making a good Infamous game for the system but that wouldn't a port.

And any good shooters would be excellent. I've never played Bulletstorm but isn't it on the arcade-y side? It might work on a handheld.

I really wish SSX was coming out on the Vita. I'm sure I'd play it more on that vs at home.

Plus of course it would be cheaper than $60 at release.

[quote name='wurms']Mirrors Edge - The style is great, gameplay is fast. All the time-trials, challenges, etc would be perfect for on-the-go gaming. Good sales on Vita could help push for a Vita only Mirrors Edge sequel.[/QUOTE]

Mirror's Edge would be difficult to control without four shoulder buttons, though I'm all for anything that makes a Mirror's Edge sequel happen.

You're really going to be looking at two potential categories for this: downloadable games and those PS3 titles that never had Trophies.

For the former, you'll have those complaining about buying it twice but most of those titles seem perfect for the portable platform. Any of the PixelJunk games, The Last Guy, Piyotama, the PopCap stuff and a few others already lend themselves to short bursts of playtime so taking with you seems logical enough.

For the latter, you're trying to get those Trophy addicts to double dip just to get their virtual shelves filled. NOt too many people will bother trying to go for Lair or Genji stuff, mind you, but some of the unsung games like Folklore and Heavenly Sword would be fine material for Vita and for those that wanted Trophies for them ever since a few games got patched for that.

bread's done
Back