PS3 Pre-Order Date!?!?!?(GS, EB)

Preorders for the PS3 and Wii open up on Tuesday, October 10th. You will need to put $50 down. There is no trade in offers or anything.

Also it is each store managers decision if they want to open preorders, or sell the systems on a first come, first serve basis.

As I have said before, I have decided to sell the systems at my store on a first come, first serve basis.

Not all stores will be doing preorders, since it is the managers choice.

Hope this helps anyone who has been wondering.

you really should have this moved to general gaming since it involves the Wii too

I have a question, I haven't preordered a console since dreamcast. Do they normally hold the console for you when you pre-order it? I hear alot of horror stories about that so if I pre-ordered i'd still try and come in early to get it.

I called a few GStops and EBs near the SF area, none of them knew anything about it. They sounded just as excited and surprised when I mentioned the October 10th date.. bah.

I just talked to the manager at my Gamestop who I've known for 20 years and she just got back from the conference. She was pissed because they were told nothing about Wii or PS3 preorders.

sounds like a pile of crap, i wouldn't trust 'megadeth86' as far as I could throw him. He looks like an emo tool trying to get attention.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Preorders for the PS3 and Wii open up on Tuesday, October 10th. You will need to put $50 down. There is no trade in offers or anything.

Also it is each store managers decision if they want to open preorders, or sell the systems on a first come, first serve basis.

As I have said before, I have decided to sell the systems at my store on a first come, first serve basis.

Not all stores will be doing preorders, since it is the managers choice.

Hope this helps anyone who has been wondering.

you really should have this moved to general gaming since it involves the Wii too[/quote]

Oh shit dude, thanks for the Info. I wasnt paying attention, but is this for Ebgames/Gamestop? or something else. Did you get this info at the Gamestop/EB meeting?

I hope EBGames in Universal City walk are doing first come first serve basis, cause I REALLY want to wait outside there. That'd be so fun.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Oh shit dude, thanks for the Info. I wasnt paying attention, but is this for Ebgames/Gamestop? or something else. Did you get this info at the Gamestop/EB meeting?

I hope EBGames in Universal City walk are doing first come first serve basis, cause I REALLY want to wait outside there. That'd be so fun.[/QUOTE]

You WANT to wait outside in the middle of Nov for it? No Thanks, I really don't want to subject myself to that abuse for a game console. $50 Pre-order will do nicely.

[quote name='MadFlava']You WANT to wait outside in the middle of Nov for it? No Thanks, I really don't want to subject myself to that abuse for a game console. $50 Pre-order will do nicely.[/quote]

gl with that.

[quote name='MadFlava']You WANT to wait outside in the middle of Nov for it? No Thanks, I really don't want to subject myself to that abuse for a game console. $50 Pre-order will do nicely.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, weathering the tough California November all night at a fucking amusement park would be tough as hell.... :roll:

Edit: Rumors too. This has been floating around on the Something Awful forums for quite some time. No clue if it's true or not though.

In console launches in the pasts I remember pre-orders occurring much earlier than a month away from launch. PS2 launched in October and people were pre-ordering in the summer for the system.

Pre orders for the new PS3Good Morning I am opening up a Web-based company, Bargains2buy4.com, and we are taking Preorders for the new PS3. I only have a limited supply if you are interested please feel free to call or email me at [email protected] or call our 1-866-615-3876. We are selling these units for our Grand opening next week. Only serious people need to email or call we are starting to feel several orders thanks for your time!

[quote name='Pookie']Pre orders for the new PS3Good Morning I am opening up a Web-based company, XXXXXXXXX, and we are taking Preorders for the new PS3. I only have a limited supply if you are interested please feel free to call or email me at XXXXXXXXXXXXXX or call our XXXXXXXXXXXXX. We are selling these units for our Grand opening next week. Only serious people need to email or call we are starting to feel several orders thanks for your time![/QUOTE]

Oh suck my ass. I hope Gamestop catches on to you having preordered at multiple stores.

That's a great website you have, by the way. I look forward to its completion, so I can order anything I want, so long as it's a Playstation 3 or a Tickle Me Elmo 2006.

Edited to take out your contact info once your posts are deleted and you get banned.

bread's done
Back