PS3 Pre-order

rufio2004nfg

CAGiversary!
Does anyone remember what stores were taking XBox360 pre-orders for the system by itself? I'm definitely pre-ordering a PS3 but I don't want to be forced into buying a bundle or have to wait in line for hours. Thanks.

Thanks. I'll have to keep an eye out for when they start doing pre-orders in store. The price and release dates are already set so it should be soon.

I called EB today about preordering the Wii. The manager said they haven't received the go ahead email from corporate, so they aren't taking orders yet, and he didn't know when they'd start. But, he had a list that I put my name on and he said he'd call the people on that list the day they get the preorder information. I'd suggest doing that.

[quote name='Rig']I called EB today about preordering the Wii. The manager said they haven't received the go ahead email from corporate, so they aren't taking orders yet, and he didn't know when they'd start. But, he had a list that I put my name on and he said he'd call the people on that list the day they get the preorder information. I'd suggest doing that.[/QUOTE]

My local Gamestop is doing that also, but I am on like page 4 so I call just about everyday to see if they are taking preorders on the ps3 and the wii.

[quote name='rufio2004nfg']Have they announced a price and release date for the Wii? I'll probably get it too if the price is $200 or less.[/quote]

No price and no release date, though the price is rumored to be $249.

dont forget gamecrazy and gamerush

If you buy a system at gamecrazy they give you a sheet of free hollywood video rentals so i would suggest buying all your systems there(might as well get some free rentals)

[quote name='dracula']dont forget gamecrazy and gamerush

If you buy a system at gamecrazy they give you a sheet of free hollywood video rentals so i would suggest buying all your systems there(might as well get some free rentals)[/quote]
I would rather prefer a sheet of $ off coupons for games. After all, you gonna need games after buying the console :)

[quote name='Koggit']Do any sites do preorders without bundles? For the 360 all I remember is TRU, and they ran out hella quick.[/QUOTE]

They didn't "run out". They backed out. They cancelled all of the system only preorders, and then put up absurd bundles for preorder. And yes, I was one of the cancelled system only preorders. Got it day one anyway though, thankfully.

Most stores EBs and GSs I called are just doing a list ditto for the Wii. However, the list is for when pre-orders are started and doesn't mean you will be the first allowed to pre-order.

bread's done
Back