PS3 price confirmed

whatever...hopefully the ps3 will launch in time to finance my christmas and new year plans the same way the 360 launch already has.

can the op or somebody edit the fist post and title since the article was pulled and mistakently included the price quote as factual? FUD is always fun on the net.

Correction: An earlier version of this story appeared with statements erroneously attributed to Sir Howard Stringer, CEO of Sony Corporation, regarding pricing and availability of the PS3. Stringer has not commented publicly on how much the PS3 is expected to cost, or how soon it will appear in the US after the Japanese launch in spring 2006.

The day that the PS3 is available for preorder, I will preorder it, and a half dozen accesories...Just to garuntee myself one. MGS4 will be an industry first, and Ill be first in line

[quote name='Skycaptain99']The day that the PS3 is available for preorder, I will preorder it, and a half dozen accesories...Just to garuntee myself one. MGS4 will be an industry first, and Ill be first in line[/QUOTE]

i have my preorder paid for at the local eb...wanna buy mine? what kind of "industry first" will MGS part 4 be?

[quote name='gaelan']i have my preorder paid for at the local eb...wanna buy mine? what kind of "industry first" will MGS part 4 be?[/QUOTE]

It's the Indutry's first MGS game to have the number 4 in it. Otherwise, it's meaningless buzzword jargon.

[quote name='gaelan']i have my preorder paid for at the local eb...wanna buy mine? what kind of "industry first" will MGS part 4 be?[/QUOTE]
Did'nt know pre orders were available, to bad I don't live near gaeland or I might take you up on the offer. As for MGS4, well I am not quite sure, but after listenening to some of Hideo Kojima's rants, I am most convinced of it. After all, he was crazy enough to say he'd sacrifice good graphics in the next gen, just to have breathing enviornments.

Sony's not going to be willing to expose their hand right now. If they underestimate the cost of the console (Lets say using the $400 price point), and they later realize that they need to sell it for $500? All hell will break loose. The die-hard fan may be willing to pay it, but John Q. Moron won't understand why Gamestop wants even more money from him if he paid $400 already.

Realistically, they're going to give us "rough numbers" for the next six months. The only thing I'm postive about the price is that it'll end in ninty-nine.

bread's done
Back