PS3 Profit

Atherius

CAGiversary!
As many have noticed, the PS3 prices on Ebay are ardually making there way downward... I think some of the latest systems I have seen sell, go between $800 for the 20GB and $1000 for the 60GB... that's about $300 over MSRP. What I wonder, is if these are the one's that people camped for three days for... I mean 72 hours of work for $300... that's less than $5 an hour.

No offense, but sitting there isn't work. And they're still profiting from their little adventure so I'm still not calling it work. Not our fault they decided to wait to see if prices would go up on Ebay.

[quote name='Atherius']As many have noticed, the PS3 prices on Ebay are ardually making there way downward... I think some of the latest systems I have seen sell, go between $800 for the 20GB and $1000 for the 60GB... that's about $300 over MSRP. What I wonder, is if these are the one's that people camped for three days for... I mean 72 hours of work for $300... that's less than $5 an hour.[/QUOTE]

im waiting for the people who paid 2,000 + to start doing chargebacks. Who cares if they destory their ebay account they will just make a new one.

not many will say im cool with paying 2500 bucks for a system that fetches 1000 today.

expect tons of chargebacks very soon

[quote name='depascal22']No offense, but sitting there isn't work. And they're still profiting from their little adventure so I'm still not calling it work. Not our fault they decided to wait to see if prices would go up on Ebay.[/quote]
I understand it's not what most people call work... but they weren't at home... in there bed, and in most places they weren't warm. I had friends that took off and used PTO to sit in line... so the cost is even higher.

Hell, I am a professional and there are days where work consists of talking about video games and getting very little "Real Work" done... last Wednesday was one of those.

As far as I am concerned, it was work... it may have been sitting around, people you know may have been there, but it was work by definition. Unless you kept the PS3 - then it was all done in the name of profit, and to profit often requires work of some sort.

I'm at work right now sitting here talking about videogames. I'm not bummed though. I'm laughing my way to the bank. Now I have to sit here and I just can't go home because we need someone here just in case Granny breaks her hip or old Uncle Oscar's aneurysm decides now is the time to burst. I call this work because of the potential of doing hard work at the end. What hard work did the line sitters have to do? Get up off their asses to get their wallets out? Swipe their credit cards? It's more like they gave up time in exchange for potential profits. Borderline entrepreneurs? Yes. Workers? No.

[quote name='slidecage']im waiting for the people who paid 2,000 + to start doing chargebacks. Who cares if they destory their ebay account they will just make a new one.

not many will say im cool with paying 2500 bucks for a system that fetches 1000 today.

expect tons of chargebacks very soon[/QUOTE]

I'll fight it as much as I can. I sent it to a confirmed address, the guy called me, I sent it overnight insured, it was signed for, and that was the end of it. Buyer's remorse isn't my problem, and people who do chargebacks because of it are just hurting consumers in the long run who have valid reasons to do a chargeback.

As for work, I stood in line at Gamestop for 30 minutes, and it took 15 minutes in line at my local PO to ship it. $1200 for 45 minutes of work is pretty good for a college student.

bread's done
Back