PS3 & PS4 Remote Play

thrifty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This is probably a dumb question, but will using remote play use up any of my monlthy data cap for internet usage or is it so minimal that it won't matter if it does?

Only if you use remote play over the Internet.

There are three options to use remote play. You can connect your Vita wirelessly to the PS4 directly. You can connect through a router and the most practical reason for doing this is probably to get extra range. And you can connect over the Internet.

Now I imagine it uses quite a bit of bandwidth because you are essentially streaming video. If you are in the same house as the PS4, it makes no sense to even use the Internet option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only if you use remote play over the Internet.

There are three options to use remote play. You can connect your Vita wirelessly to the PS4 directly. You can connect through a router and the most practical reason for doing this is probably to get extra range. And you can connect over the Internet.

Now I imagine it uses quite a bit of bandwidth because you are essentially streaming video. If you are in the same house as the PS4, it makes no sense to even use the Internet option.
Ah. I dont have a PS4. I just updated my vita and noticed it has PS3 streaming though. I'm planning on playing castlevania collection and metal gear solid collection. Hopefully i can stream to my vita upstairs without internet. thanks.

got it to work. it seems to be very smooth over my network with a 24mbps connection. but none of the games work yet.

i looked it up online and there are only like a dozen ps3 games where you can actually use remote play and none of them are any good. 

hopefully they'll have it working in a couple weeks or so. theyre probably getting the ps4 games to work with it first.

I tried out remote play and it was really cool controlling my ps4 with my vita and then firing up resogun and playing that remotely. I do a direct connect to the ps4.

hopefully they'll have it working in a couple weeks or so. theyre probably getting the ps4 games to work with it first.
Remote play is not new for the PS3. There are only a few games that support it and I'm not aware of any plans to go back and make more PS3 games compatible. The PS4 is going to have a lot more games supporting remote play.

bread's done
Back