PS3 purchase thoughts

yester

CAGiversary!
Hi, i might buy a ps3 and i have seen that bestbuy sells this week a ps3 with uncharted 1-3.
My question is, in regards of black friday, if this is a good deal.
I played tomb raider and like it and i from what i understand uncharted is similar to the game.
On the other hand i wonder if the hardware is older since it is a bundle. It does have a bigger harddrive (320GB) but size may be just a blender.

What is the consensus within the community about this bundle?

Oh and on the side, i understand that you can watch netflix for free over the psn network unlike xbox. netflix fee is extra of course.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Seems like a great deal to me and it doesn't require standing in line or getting up early for Black Friday and you get $85-100 of quality game for free.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Seems like a great deal to me and it doesn't require standing in line or getting up early for Black Friday and you get $85-100 of quality game for free.[/QUOTE]

I agree with him. Plus, Uncharted series has an amazing story and fun to play.

To be honest it's a good deal. There may be "good" deals on bf and I was going to wait. But because of my ylod, I ended up getting it sooner than later. I played part 2 before and admit it's really a good game. Cant wait to play 3...part 1 will come at a later time =P

Good enough for me. I will get it then. Seem not be overrun so there is plenty of stock still there.
The store i went to did not have the 2 previous games on hand. I will wait till tomorrow then and get it then.
Big purchase for me, but i am really excited about the PS3.

I say go for it. Also, there's a Tomb Raider Trilogy for the PS3, then again you probably have the 3 games separately on Xbox 360.

I'm all for people owning all consoles to enjoy their respective exclusives. If you can get a console cheap like I did, then get both.

There's actually 3 consoles out there ;)[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I say go for it. Also, there's a Tomb Raider Trilogy for the PS3, then again you probably have the 3 games separately on Xbox 360.

I'm all for people owning all consoles to enjoy their respective exclusives. If you can get a console cheap like I did, then get both.[/QUOTE]

Well i got it now, from Best Buy. Since i did not have the games, it was a good deal for me. Sadly, i had to drive to several stores before i got the free game. But now i have them so i am happy.

I do find the menu on the PS3 actually nicer then on the Xbox. The other game i ordered me was Demons Souls. Its old, but i want it so bad for so long. After reading about it recently again it turns out the the servers are offline now. :(

[quote name='yester']
I do find the menu on the PS3 actually nicer then on the Xbox. The other game i ordered me was Demons Souls. Its old, but i want it so bad for so long. After reading about it recently again it turns out the the servers are offline now. :([/QUOTE]
I don't know where you read that, but it's definitely wrong. The servers will be on until at least next year.

[quote name='sango']If your close to a Fry's there is a PS3 sale. PS3 320GB + Uncharted3 + Battlefield 3 for $299 (2-day sale today & tomorrow)

http://www.frys.com/ads/page11/

I'd buy it if there was a fry's here in NY.[/QUOTE]
Man that's a good deal

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I don't know where you read that, but it's definitely wrong. The servers will be on until at least next year.[/QUOTE]
Good to know. I hope you are right :)
I think i read that on a german newssite. Nevermind that.
I am not even sure how essential the online part is but nevertheless i am very exited about that game.

btw. do you guys have a must have list for ps3 games? In my list is at least ico (remastered) and metal gear. Little planet i suppose too.

Is it true that some games come with more content than on the xbox? I was reading a while ago that for example portal 2 came with a free code for the pc version and dead space 2 had the wii game incl. If thats true i might buy the ps3 version instead of the xbox.

Demon's Souls is exclusive to PS3, the online servers are still going but not many are playing since the sequel is out -- still worth the time though. As for extra content on other games, it occasionally happens but it's not a huge deal.

The ICO and MGS collection would indeed be great picks. If you like platformers, Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in time would be something to look into. Gran Turismo is great if you like racing sims, and since you like MGS, you'll want to play MGS4.

The Best Buy deal sounds awesome. Last year, I got mine on BF with Medal of Honor and Uncharted 2 for $300, and I thought that was a good deal. But I'm pretty sure the only system deals were bundles with a game or two, so the Best Buy deal sounds like a good idea.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Demon's Souls is exclusive to PS3, the online servers are still going but not many are playing since the sequel is out -- still worth the time though. As for extra content on other games, it occasionally happens but it's not a huge deal.

The ICO and MGS collection would indeed be great picks. If you like platformers, Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in time would be something to look into. Gran Turismo is great if you like racing sims, and since you like MGS, you'll want to play MGS4.[/QUOTE]

Well, mostly action, action-rpg, rpg, and games like deus ex or mgs. Skyrim i will buy for playstation this time. I am stil not done with oblivion though such a long game. :)

[quote name='yester']Good to know. I hope you are right :)
I think i read that on a german newssite. Nevermind that.
I am not even sure how essential the online part is but nevertheless i am very exited about that game.

btw. do you guys have a must have list for ps3 games? In my list is at least ico (remastered) and metal gear. Little planet i suppose too.[/QUOTE]
I'd recommend this thread as it lists everyone's top favorite PS3 exclusives. If you like action RPGs you might try 3Dot Heroes as it is basically a giant love letter to the top-down, older Legend of Zelda games.

Demon's Souls servers probably are off in Europe, as the publisher of Demon's Souls in Europe is Namco-Bandai, the worldwide publisher of the quasi-sequel Dark Souls so it is to their benefit to close the servers to push people onto the new game. In America, Demon's Souls was published by Atlus so they still have a reason to keep it going.

If you get stuck you can ask a question in the Demon's Souls thread, or read back a few pages and it might already be answered.

Check out this video by Atlus for an explanation of the online component of Demon's Souls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14_OICVhKIQ

thanks guardian_owl.

I only read about that it is hard, very hard but i will check out the links you forwarded. Thanks.

I already got it. Ordered a couple of days ago via Amazon. It arrived now.
But i still want to finish Oblivion first. Yeah, i had it laying for a long time and just recently picked it up and started seriously playing.
I follow on blog called 'average gamer' which is written well and gave the game a very good review and pointed out what you are getting.
I concurred that this is a game for me so i got it.

I will start off as a thief (which i also use in Oblivion) and will see where the path guides me.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I don't know where you read that, but it's definitely wrong. The servers will be on until at least next year.[/QUOTE]

Actually i started the game today and the server is unreachable. This may indicate that it is gone for good.
Anyway, i will enjoy in the single player since that was my main intention for buying it.
The CGI look pretty awesome and even the game is very detailed. Although with the aiming i have a little problems. I chose to be a thief.

Welcome aboard. There are many great PS3 experiences out there. If Demons Souls interests you, another cool throw back type experience is 3D Dot Game Heroes. If you liked the old school Zelda games, I would definitely check it out.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Welcome aboard. There are many great PS3 experiences out there. If Demons Souls interests you, another cool throw back type experience is 3D Dot Game Heroes. If you liked the old school Zelda games, I would definitely check it out.[/QUOTE]

This looks indeed cool. Its on my list now :)

[quote name='yester']This looks indeed cool. Its on my list now :)[/QUOTE]

It's a great game, and now that I think of it's Minecraft in an alternate dimension lol!

PS3 has a ton of great games, and several are budget priced greatest hits titles now!

Oh, and Day of the Tentacle! FTW!

I can't play all the games, so i have to be selective.
But i have some on my list for future purchase. Next in my list is Dead Space 2, 3D Dot Heroes and Skyrim (once the goty hits the market).

After having the PS3 for a while and comparing to the Xbox 360, i actually do like the PS3 more.
For one, it has more options and the presentation is just nicer.
Also it appears to recover data after power outage (i don't recall my xbox doing that). And Netflix looks just better and has more info right on. And of course the Blue Ray player.

Well, thats my point so far. But i haven't played online with the PS3 so not sure how it fares in that department.

What i need to get is a headset for which i need to research a little.

bread's done
Back