PS3 - Resonance of Fate....now $19.08 on Amazon.com

I finally decided to bite. Been keeping an eye on it for a while, and lately it was hovering around $18~$19, so I guess it's not a "bad" deal.

I've been watching this game closely for drops. Still waiting on a few bucks cheaper! Seems like a really fair price to finally grab the game though.

Last I checked the trade in value was $14, so even if you hate it you're only out $3. Still I'm going to hold off since I have plenty of stock coming in from Gamefly right now I wouldn't have time to play anyway. Good to know though that this game will still be around for a while. I remember when it came out some fears it would be impossible to find after a few months.

It went up to $27.95 (sold and shipped by Amazon), so I'd say that this is now dead. Such a good thing that I got it when it was @ $17.

The page shows it up @ $19.99, but it's from a 3rd party and not fulfilled by Amazon.

Damn, I have had this in my cart for several weeks just watching it drop. It gets posted here and it skyrockets. Oh well, I don't need the game that bad.

I had been watching it as well. I can't believe Amazon jumped this up to $27.95 after it was consistently dropping for weeks.

No way. I just bought this hours ago for $17 along with Birth by Sleep for $20 on the lightning deal... Wanted to thank tc for posting, been watching it for a while.

This needs to go back down to $17... I keep waiting for $16 since it was that low on Newegg and I didn't bite back then, but I need to pick up another copy soon :(

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']back down to $20[/QUOTE]

Yep, $20.15 Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. No clue why it's fluctuating so much.

[quote name='Archfiend']not worth it , game is easy & boring[/QUOTE]

How much of the game did you play? "too easy" is a complaint I've not heard.... the combat is actually pretty complex and it seems to give some people fits.

yeah the combat system is as complex as they come. The tutorial for the battle has about 20 different sections explaining each part of the system.

As for the easy, i never found the game easy. When i played it, i thought that i was doing great and suddenly the game throws a boss that completely mops the floor with your team.

[quote name='Luxuria']Really hoping it hits $15 or less soon on the 360. D;[/QUOTE]
Me too. For some reason the PS3 version keeps dipping below that but I haven't seen the 360 version for

[quote name='Archfiend']not worth it , game is easy & boring[/QUOTE]

I second it being not worth it.
I am 41 hours in and just playing so I can just finish it and never look back. Battle is fun and all but gets old after 2 hours and you're just spending your time moving a cursor around the world map. The map is a giant metro city divided into 12 levels by elevator and LIFTS. You can just move your cursor on elevator and you can move to next level up or down but when you have to take the LIFT, YOU have to actually move your character and click on the LIFT and get in and watch a cutscene of your character inside the elevator then get out and go back to world map and repeat the whole process depending on whether you hit an elevator or a LIFT. And for the story to progress you have to always go back to your base which is on 4th level so if you were fighting in level 12 then you have to take combination or elevator and lifts to go back. You can teleport to the base if you do certain requirements but you can't teleport to any of the levels so expect to take elevator and lifts all the time.

I don't play a lot of rpg's, hell, this was my third one after Star Ocean 3 and SMT: Nocture both of which I never finished, and I thought it was pretty fun. The learning curve is VERY steep, especially on the first boss, but that's because you have weak guns and aren't leveled up. I really liked the gun customization and customizing your outfits was kinda fun too. Also, there's a stage in the game that allows you to grind like crazy and also gets you a trophy, which is very nice.

Going to and from stages can be a pain, but once you figure out the teleporting part, it doesn't get as bad, or at least I didn't have any huge issues with it.

For $15, it's a must buy. At $20, I'd wait cause I'm cheap, but it's still a very solid game.

It was on sale for the longest time on Newegg for $15.99 with free shipping. It's periodically $20.99 for a like-new copy from Amazon, keep an eye there.

bread's done
Back