PS3 Rocketfish Wireless Controller $9.99

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']So am I supposed to turn the switch to "off" when not in use? Or is turning off the controller from the system good enough?[/QUOTE]

Some people say it drains the battery when it's on, I never actually tested to confirm that so I just turn it off to be safe.

Another plus for this controller is it can be charged on the Xbox 360 usb port with the console powered off, just like the 360 wireless headset. You can't even do that with the oem sony controller. ;)

I picked the last one up at the Best Buy near my house. For 10 bucks, it's one of the better 3rd party controllers I've used and I haven't experienced any wireless lag...yet.

For the people that say that there's no lag, have you tried playing them with fighting games? The lag isn't noticeable with shooters or rpgs. I did notice a lot of lag with SF4 and Tekken 6.

[quote name='Jimbo1']For the people that say that there's no lag, have you tried playing them with fighting games? The lag isn't noticeable with shooters or rpgs. I did notice a lot of lag with SF4 and Tekken 6.[/QUOTE]

Noticeable experience is noticeable.

I'm currently enjoying my extra long USB cables...Mmm...

[quote name='Jimbo1']For the people that say that there's no lag, have you tried playing them with fighting games? The lag isn't noticeable with shooters or rpgs. I did notice a lot of lag with SF4 and Tekken 6.[/QUOTE]
I haven't tried it with any fighters. I'm cross-platform and have a real fightstick on the 360 (and no good fighter exclusives that I'm aware of). Mostly played COD:MW2 and LBP:GOTY with it. Thats what I'm basing my lack of lag comments on.

I do turn it off when done, so I don't know if it drains the battery otherwise or not. I actually like that feature, because my kids are always accidentally bumping the DS3 and bluray remote and it ends up turning the PS3 on.

I took my 2 controllers in today for a pricematch, got $10 + $1 in taxes back. Awesome deal. I have 2 DS3's for serious games, and use these for LBP, TMNT, Gravity Crash, Tank Battles, etc.

I fiddled around with the Rocketfish some more playing Uncharted 2 and I have to push triangle a little harder to pickup/reload. Other than that, no lag so far.

ya I found the last one at my local bb and got it. I loved that it felt like a 360 controller, though the analog sticks are real stiff. I'm going to give it a couple of days to see if they loosen up.

[quote name='faygo']ya I found the last one at my local bb and got it. I loved that it felt like a 360 controller, though the analog sticks are real stiff. I'm going to give it a couple of days to see if they loosen up.[/QUOTE]

I was actually thinking of running them over with the car to loosen them a bit. Just kidding............. Or am I?

I was just looking at these as a cheap alternative to get my one buddies' family a spare controller. If this thing works decently, I might pick up one for myself since I've kind of always preferred the XBox placement of the left stick.

The only other controller that was any good that was third party was the dreamGEAR Shadow, but if you had any other wireless items in the same room as it it would make it go haywire.

I'll definitely have to check my local BB today for a couple of these, especially since they're Bluetooth.

A store in Westminster, Colorado still had a few left so I picked one up, it's still charging so haven't tried it out yet. Thanks Hellacious!

Crap. One of my local BB stores sold out of this already. I was going to pick one up to try out. For $10 how can you go wrong, especially since it's Bluetooth and has a built in battery.

i had picked up a while back when it was 25 dollars. i then went back to bb twice to have price match. ultimately got the controller for 9.99. sometimes it has a little lag wirelessly

Even though I have two sealed 'spare' Dual Shock 3's from the game/controller holiday bundles, I'm tempted to grab one of these for playing multiplayer and co-op when I go up a buddies' house in case his nieces wanna use the controller.

It's cheaper to let them possibly mess up a $10 controller versus a $55 one. Though I also wanna see how good/bad these are and the BB closest to me is still showing it as in stock. I'll probably swing by early tomorrow morning to see if it's still available.

It's too bad I couldn't order it for in-store pickup though, since I'd do that to guarantee it'd be there when I get there.

Think I'm going to buy 3 of these for 7 player games.. Not often I have 7 people around so an extra $150 on DS3's isn't a wise investment.. But for those rare occasions $30 for 3 controllers isn't bad at all.

I think I'm El Hoardo's long lost stepbrother. I picked up SIX of these controllers between both of my local BB stores.

Although, I already have three of them spoken for(one I'm keeping, one I'm gonna try n sell to a friend and a third I'm gonna give to a buddy of mine's nieces to use on their PS3), though that's only after I see how good/bad these things work.

I'm gonna charge one up and make it my primary controller on my PS3 later tonight and see how good it works wired and wireless.

Oh and BTW, even if your local store is showing up as out of stock, go in and check since the other local store had two of these on the shelf while the stock locator said they were out.

I took one of the controllers I bought over to a buddy of mine's house and he tried it out for about 2-3 hours tonight. It didn't take all that long for the controller to fully charge up the first time and judging from how well he was controlling the game he was playing(GTA Episodes first, followed by Red Faction Guerrilla) I noticed none of the lag that people have complained about with this controller.

Then again, he was sitting about 4-5 feet from the PS3, so maybe that was why it wasn't lagging.

I'm going to crack open one tomorrow myself and charge it up to give it my own test, but thus far it's looking like it's a damn fine controller for the money.

btw IATCG , thx for cleanin out our local BB. I actually wanted one of these since my DS3 is on its way out....altho id love to find a NEW DS3 on the cheap.

[quote name='lude21']btw IATCG , thx for cleanin out our local BB. I actually wanted one of these since my DS3 is on its way out....altho id love to find a NEW DS3 on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

Well, ya know what part of town I live in.:razz: PM me when you're going to be over this way to go to Steve's shop and I'll sell ya one at cost($10.59).

I actually have several Dual Shock 3's from the holiday game/controller bundles that I got from trading in $5 HWV games to Gamestop during that 'trade certain games, get $20 for them' dealie.

So I don't even need these controllers, but I wanted to see how good/bad they are for $10.

Oh and BTW, your PM's are full. I tried sending the offer to sell ya one via PM too.

Yeah...The controllers leave a lot to desire. They work, but there's just so much wrong with them in design. The controller tilts your hand incorrectly, and forces it to somewhat curl. Because your hand's contorted somewhat, it's incredibly difficult to reach the bumpers above the triggers (whoever designed the controller's mold should be fired from Best Buy/Rocketfish). Also, the trigger buttons are insanely sensitive, even worse than the DS3s in my opinion.

However, I will definitely keep the opened one, the USB cable is nice. The second, I'm tempted to return to my Best Buy...Even though it has a nice USB cable :D

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I can't find any mention of these on the website, is it some secret code name?[/QUOTE]

Since it's a deleted item, it's been deleted from the website. But within the first 50 posts on this thread someone posted a stock locator link, so just input your zip code and see if your local stores have any left.

Actually, even if the stock locator says there's NONE in stock, you should go in with the SKU#(9443809) to your closest Best Buy and have them check, since the one BB further from me had two of them in stock but it was showing up as NOT in stock on the locator.

They were all the way at the bottom of the one shelf in a far corner, so they would've been missed by most people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will trade a wireless 360 controller with play and charge kit for 2 of these. Any takers? Don't have a best buy locally, but I'd really like to get in on this.

According to Best Buy's own mapquest-esque function and your location listed, there IS one about 36 miles from you. Like I said in the post above yours, even if the stock locator is showing as out of stock at closer stores, they may still be in stock.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']According to Best Buy's own mapquest-esque function and your location listed, there IS one about 36 miles from you. Like I said in the post above yours, even if the stock locator is showing as out of stock at closer stores, they may still be in stock.[/QUOTE]
Yeah there's some nearby but none that I'd be around at all in the near future.

I know this might be a necro-bump, but I picked up 2 while I was in Ohio visiting some friends. They have worked great so far, and at that price...hard to argue. :)

Thanks OP

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I know this might be a necro-bump, but I picked up 2 while I was in Ohio visiting some friends. They have worked great so far, and at that price...hard to argue. :)

Thanks OP[/QUOTE]
The PS/Home button(till you loosen it up), the L2/R2 triggers are weaker(or the springs anyway) and the battery life on a charge leave something to be desired, but for the price they're still worth it.

I haven't used the one I cracked open since I last played Just Cause 2 about a week ago, but it's a pretty comfortable controller for me.

bread's done
Back