PS3 SALE 120 GB $269.99 Dell Days of Deals 3/9

any idea if this could be purchased with the credit available with dell? Was going to wait for a possible bundle to match the new xb, but tired of waiting. Need to play god of war 3!!!

Anyone who wants one, buy it. These are very hard to come by now and they won't be less than $300 until Black Friday. It's worth the price, just be a cheap ass with games.

[quote name='dapunisure']any idea if this could be purchased with the credit available with dell? Was going to wait for a possible bundle to match the new xb, but tired of waiting. Need to play god of war 3!!![/QUOTE]

Yep, as long as you get approved and are alright w/ their probably high interest rates. =]

I'd say buy it but know that you will be waiting at least 1-2 weeks before it even ships. Definitely worth it for God of War III!

[quote name='notwen']Yep, as long as you get approved and are alright w/ their probably high interest rates. =][/QUOTE]

yeah well I have over 2500 in credit after the new laptop I ordered so thanx for the info. Not sure I want to wait 2 wks for shipping though..

Fantastic deal. The Black Friday Bundle I got from Best Buy's outlet site barely matched this price, and that was the ultimate YMMV. This is plentiful!

[quote name='benjamouth']I'll wait till BB or someone have a bundle with a game or something, I was tempted though.[/QUOTE]

You'll be waiting until Black Friday.

It's a good deal. That said, those of you preaching 'it's the end of the world, and I must get a ps3 'cause it's sold out' need to stop.

This is Sony's machine, and sooner or later you will find tons of bundles with enticing pricing as well. If you need one, get one, but don't buy into the hype and scarce supply at the moment.

This is possibly the worst time for Sony to have a shortage if you think about it. I mean FFXIII and God of War III coming out within a week of each other. Sony should have seen this coming and ramped up production

Went ahead & bit on this deal figured it would stille be cheaper than amazons w/no taxes even with the shipping cost, & added uncharted 2 since it was on sale for $40. Total came out to about $335 with a new game, so I'm satisfied for now.

I got one. Total came to $289.85. Cheaper than anywhere else at the moment. Estimated delivery date is 3/26/10. I am going to be pissed if they release a new bundle at the end of march.

Also the bing cashback for dell is currently 5%, but I couldn't get it to work with the PS3.

[quote name='benjamouth']I'll wait till BB or someone have a bundle with a game or something, I was tempted though.[/QUOTE]

uh kmart has this bundled with GOW collection this week...buy it there or take the ad to BBuy/Target/Wallys...

[quote name='donut']uh kmart has this bundled with GOW collection this week...buy it there or take the ad to BBuy/Target/Wallys...[/QUOTE]

Don't most places require that the store they are price matching have the items in stock?
Besides you can also pickup GOW collection through the dell store for $20. In the end this is still the better deal. The only problem is the wait.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Hmm, I wonder if that will have PS2 backwards compatibility as well. I still have my launch 60gb PS3 with BC but I would love a smaller version and one that sucks up less power. I will keep my fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt that it will be backwards compatible. Usually when there's a new revision, Sony takes things away...not the other way around. They pretty much stated that backwards compatibility is never coming back.

ANyone that has been looking to buy a slim should order this from dell. I wouldn't worry about the wait either. Outside of kmart possibly having them due to the gow collection bundle in their ad, you probably won't see a slim for a while. Though kmart may not realize they are out or in low supply of the ps3 slims and have that ad anyway.

Is is just me, or is it not available online anymore?
Also, I can't get bing cashback to work for me with dell...anyone have any advice?

I think Dell has set only a few laptops to work with Bing CB at the moment. Sometimes it will work sitewide. This time it seems they have corrected that.

[quote name='dragonjud']It's a good deal. That said, those of you preaching 'it's the end of the world, and I must get a ps3 'cause it's sold out' need to stop.

This is Sony's machine, and sooner or later you will find tons of bundles with enticing pricing as well. If you need one, get one, but don't buy into the hype and scarce supply at the moment.[/QUOTE]
It's too bad that all the people buying Wiis don't read this. The demand soared when they had shortages, which they probably had on purpose.

Dang it, I would have bit on this. None of the stores in my area have ps3 slims in stock at all..... And I can't find any online. My Tax refund is burning a hole in my pocket I need a PS3 Slim!!!!!

If Bing cashback isn't working for a site, check on MrRebates.com It's a great rebate site with rebates to tons of stores that Bing.com doesn't support.

If you sign up using my e-mail as a referral you'll start off with an extra $5 and at $10 you request your rebate either by check or by paypal. If you'd like to use my e-mail please pm me or post here and I will quickly respond. You'll end up getting about $10 back off your purchase by using MrRebates on this.

Right now it's just 2% but like I said you'll end up getting $10 back.

[quote name='GogetaSS4']Dang it, I would have bit on this. None of the stores in my area have ps3 slims in stock at all..... And I can't find any online. My Tax refund is burning a hole in my pocket I need a PS3 Slim!!!!![/QUOTE]

The 250-GB PS3 is available on BestBuy.com.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Hmm, I wonder if that will have PS2 backwards compatibility as well. I still have my launch 60gb PS3 with BC but I would love a smaller version and one that sucks up less power. I will keep my fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

No.

Faster WiFi (n)... maybe. It would make sense if they truly want the console to be more than a game system and more of a media bridge.

[quote name='daminion']No.

Faster WiFi (n)... maybe. It would make sense if they truly want the console to be more than a game system and more of a media bridge.[/QUOTE]

This isn't true either. It's been confirmed to only have Wireless G. The more believable rumors are that Sony simply changed suppliers/manufacturers for some of its PS3 parts in an attempt to at least get closer to breaking even on each console sold (since they are losing money on each console sold in its current state). As such, it is required to file again with the FCC.

Although, I would love to see an official ceramic white PS3 to go with those ceramic white PS3 controllers!

Sigh...if this is still goin on this weekend I might bite. My 60gb is in the shop hoping its repairable and not really expensive to fix (I was going to just buy a new one but I'm hoping the local shop can fix it as to not lose my NHL 10 save, time to start regular backups of save files I guess).

or I may grab this anyways just to have 2 ps3s it SUCKS not having a DVD player, especially working from home.

[quote name='yukonrye']I got one. Total came to $289.85. Cheaper than anywhere else at the moment. Estimated delivery date is 3/26/10. I am going to be pissed if they release a new bundle at the end of march.

Also the bing cashback for dell is currently 5%, but I couldn't get it to work with the PS3.[/QUOTE]
Why wouldn't it work with the PS3?
The cashback worked with everything on the site. Give them two days for Bing to send you the email, if they don't email them with your invoice attached.

Got my cashback from Bing. $26.90.

Also, everyone should check their orders, many are shipping as early as today and yesterday.

[quote name='dallow']Got my cashback from Bing. $26.90.

Also, everyone should check their orders, many are shipping as early as today and yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think the CB worked but I just checked again and I have $13.45 pending. How did you get 10%, I only found a 5% CB when i searched.

Still...$13.45 > $0.00.

bread's done
Back