PS3 SF4 Complete Costume Pack $6.50 (50% off) 3/25-3/31

anathema728

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Starts now, 3/25 (probably at ps store update), ends 3/31.

Costumes will carry over to Super SF4
(out on april 27th?).
Includes all alternate costumes for sf4 cast.

mwuahaha you can rate your own thread? 6 stars!

Street Fighter IV Complete Costume Pack 50% off on PSN Tomorrow!

Now I know you guys all love your Street Fighter characters just as much as I do. And changing their “fits” freshens up the beat downs. Well for all of you that waited, you have no reason to wait anymore. From March 25th through March 31st, the Complete Costume pack is 50% off!

See El Fuerte turn the fire up in his chef costume, Balrog ready to beat down all challengers in his “Apollo Creed” get-up or Blanka flip the script in his safari inspired gear. Pit a Charlie inspired Guile against the Mike Haggar inspired Zangief! Best of all, these alternate looks are 50% off! That's the Complete Costume pack for $6.25!

And if you were wondering, the costume packs that you purchase for Street Fighter IV will carry over to Super Street Fighter IV.

Which costume will you main now?

Last edited by a moderator:
eh not bad I guess if you wanna switch up the look. but heard that if you have sfiv you can't play online against those who have super sfiv so what's the point?

[quote name='intoxicated662']eh not bad I guess if you wanna switch up the look. but heard that if you have sfiv you can't play online against those who have super sfiv so what's the point?[/QUOTE]

Cause you're getting SSFIV and these costumes will work on that.

[quote name='intoxicated662']but heard that if you have sfiv you can't play online against those who have super sfiv so what's the point?[/QUOTE]

It's just like people who have cod mw1 cannot play against those who have mw2. Except, the extra maps you bought would carry over. Capcom doesn't shit on their fans.

I wonder if they'll do something for those of us that bought the CE. I redeemed the code for the first DLC pack, so now the bundle isn't available to me.

[quote name='rainking187']I wonder if they'll do something for those of us that bought the CE. I redeemed the code for the first DLC pack, so now the bundle isn't available to me.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, really? If you redeemed the first pack it simply won't let you download the bundle?

[quote name='anathema728']It's just like people who have cod mw1 cannot play against those who have mw2. Except, the extra maps you bought would carry over. Capcom doesn't shit on their fans.[/QUOTE]

Really?

Considering Capcom releases SUPER SFIV barely a year after SFIV? Something they could have easily done with DLC for current owners. They are charging you a crap load for some costumes that they are gracious enough to let you play on the newer version!

At least with MW1 and MW2, they are different games with MW2 having new features that is not compatible with each other.

In SSF IV and SF IV, there is no reason why they whole thing couldn't be implemented as a DLC.

Capcom like many other companies are shitting all over their fans, then spoon feeding it to you. Unfortunately, this how most companies treat their customers.

[quote name='leesiulung']Really?

Considering Capcom releases SUPER SFIV barely a year after SFIV? Something they could have easily done with DLC for current owners. They are charging you a crap load for some costumes that they are gracious enough to let you play on the newer version!

At least with MW1 and MW2, they are different games with MW2 having new features that is not compatible with each other.

In SSF IV and SF IV, there is no reason why they whole thing couldn't be implemented as a DLC.

Capcom like many other companies are shitting all over their fans, then spoon feeding it to you. Unfortunately, this how most companies treat their customers.[/QUOTE]

I actually prefer to have a physical copy instead of a download code. This is much better than RE5 Gold showing up as DLC

So what would you have priced the dlc at? I'm grateful i can buy a game I'll own for 40 bucks rather than some bullshit add on i'd have to pay 20+ dollars for...or should they just give this shit out for free? I'm sick and tired of people still bitching about ssfiv.

People who actually don't think SSF4 is worth $40 are probably the casuals who buy SF games and complain how hard the computers are.

I'd pay well over $40 for the value I'm getting.

Anyways, yeah -- costume DLC is bleh. I'll get the pack that includes Ibuki when it comes out but that's only because I'm a sucker for that stuff =D.

[quote name='panzerfaust']People who actually don't think SSF4 is worth $40 are probably the casuals who buy SF games and complain how hard the computers are.

I'd pay well over $40 for the value I'm getting.

Anyways, yeah -- costume DLC is bleh. I'll get the pack that includes Ibuki when it comes out but that's only because I'm a sucker for that.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='SDC']Oh wow, really? If you redeemed the first pack it simply won't let you download the bundle?[/QUOTE]

Nope, it doesn't even show up in the store for me.

Capcom like many other companies are shitting all over their fans, then spoon feeding it to you. Unfortunately, this how most companies treat their customers.[/QUOTE]

Can we please not do this in this thread?

[quote name='SDC']Oh wow, really? If you redeemed the first pack it simply won't let you download the bundle?[/QUOTE]

We'll find this out tomorrow. I redeemed the Brawler pack, but I plan to pick this up tomorrow.

[quote name='philmcfly']We'll find this out tomorrow. I redeemed the Brawler pack, but I plan to pick this up tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

It's actually been in the store for a while, if it doesn't show up for you then you have the same problem as me. I was going to buy it the last time it was on sale but couldn't.

See this thread is the epitome of idiocy. The same reason the other ssf4 thread was deleted.

i am not going to bother again. you people are like trolls comin from your caves to spout your idiocy, and you provoke those who hold a small bit of rationality in the video game industry. Not only that but all the street figter fans pay the price because of a few idiots in your fan base.

The worse part are those elitist "hardcore" who bitch and moan and they want to change the flow and physics of a damn game. You get em everywhere from Halo, pokemon, counter strike, smash bros, street fighter, tekken, gears of war, team fortress 2 and so on.

BUT DOOD DONT USE THE RIFLE, SHOTGUN ONLY
LOL NO ITEMS FGT, LEARN TO FIGHT
NO AWP. AK47 AND DEAGLE ONLY
LOL NO WEAPONS, STICKY ONLY.
RXBRGEAFWA HALO LOOLLOLO
OVERPOWERED AND HIGH TIER POKEMON ONLY
NO KEN OR SAGAT USE AKUMA

ugh. ever seen the final destination meme?
its aimed at those retards who take the game seriously and want to delete whatever they feel is blocking their "flow" of gaming.
fdwardz1.gif
Tourney$$$_fishing.GIF

Pizza.png

and no i dont protect the casuals. i do not even like Halo or Gears of War.
But i will probably have more fun playing a video game with a casual then with a elitist tourney bastard.

What I meant was that Capcom responds (doesn't ignore, since I'm pretty sure all companies will milk the shit (money) out of their fans) to the fighting game community. They added characters via poll to the console ports. Ported mvc2. Ported super puzzle fighter. I think final fight is coming too.

Left 4 Dead 2 was released a year later. Arcade SF4 came out July 08, ported feb 09. Also, it's $40, not $60.

@Sway42: What? No characters are banned in SF4 in major tournaments. Most recent ban is Akuma in HDR. Oh and I'm sure you help ssf4 threads get deleted with posts like that.

[quote name='Sway42']See this thread is the epitome of idiocy. The same reason the other ssf4 thread was deleted.

i am not going to bother again. you people are like trolls comin from your caves to spout your idiocy, and you provoke those who hold a small bit of rationality in the video game industry. Not only that but all the street figter fans pay the price because of a few idiots in your fan base.

The worse part are those elitist "hardcore" who bitch and moan and they want to change the flow and physics of a damn game. You get em everywhere from Halo, pokemon, counter strike, smash bros, street fighter, tekken, gears of war, team fortress 2 and so on.

RXBRGEAFWA HALO LOOLLOLO

its aimed at those retards who take the game seriously and want to delete whatever they feel is blocking their "flow" of gaming.
fdwardz1.gif
Tourney$$$_fishing.GIF

Pizza.png

But i will probably have more fun playing a video game with a casual then with a elitist tourney bastard.[/QUOTE]

I consider myself an SF casual as well. But money per hour wise of gameplay, fighting games and SFIV in particular have out valued almost any other game I've had.

Oh and sorry for helping you derail the thread.

[quote name='Sway42']See this thread is the epitome of idiocy. The same reason the other ssf4 thread was deleted.

RXBRGEAFWA HALO LOOLLOLO

fdwardz1.gif
Tourney$$$_fishing.GIF

Pizza.png

But i will probably have more fun playing a video game with a casual then with a elitist tourney bastard.[/QUOTE]

:-({|=

[quote name='rainking187']It's actually been in the store for a while, if it doesn't show up for you then you have the same problem as me. I was going to buy it the last time it was on sale but couldn't.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I'm not at home right now so I can't try it on the 360 or the PS3, but I've seen it in the store even though I redeemed it. I just thought it was too expensive since I already owned 1/4 of it so I didn't buy it. This was on 360. I didn't look in PSN yet so I hope that's not the case.

You probably tried, but it's worth asking anyway. Did you try deleting the Brawler pack in the system?

I have the same problem. Anyone know if a code from Amazon would work? (assuming of course that Amazon matches the PSN price tomorrow). Had the same issue with the Penny Arcade Bundle. I own the first chapter, so the bundle doesn't show up for me at all.

[quote name='philmcfly']Unfortunately I'm not at home right now so I can't try it on the 360 or the PS3, but I've seen it in the store even though I redeemed it. I just thought it was too expensive since I already owned 1/4 of it so I didn't buy it. This was on 360. I didn't look in PSN yet so I hope that's not the case.

You probably tried, but it's worth asking anyway. Did you try deleting the Brawler pack in the system?[/QUOTE]

Even if I deleted all the SFIV data from my PS3 it wouldn't affect the fact that it shows the brawler pack has already being purchased in the store.

[quote name='rainking187']Even if I deleted all the SFIV data from my PS3 it wouldn't affect the fact that it shows the brawler pack has already being purchased in the store.[/QUOTE]

I tried deleting the copy of Penny Arcade vol. 1 I have on my system, just to see if the bundle would show up. No luck. You can even search for the bundle. It'll find it, but return an error message when you try to view the bundle details/purchase it. If you just view it through the Street Fighter IV add-ons though, its missing entirely.

I had the brawler pack downloaded so I decided to check on my brother's account. The bundle was there but it was still regular price. Didn't think of it then but is the discount reflected at checkout?

imac: Starts tomorrow afternoon/evening, when the Playstation Store updates.

Boomatic: They are not included, no

Phantasyx: Without

[quote name='imac980'] Didn't think of it then but is the discount reflected at checkout?[/QUOTE]

It's not live yet, the blog says tomorrow, so it's most likely after the PS store updates.

SSF4 definitely worth the $40 for the online multi-player options alone. Lobbies, TV replays, and Team Versus. Add in the 10 extra characters, new stages, tweaked mechanics, ranking systems, and challenges and this is a lot more of an update than any sports title.

As a CAG, I'd gladly pay $40 for a Street Fighter every year, so long as the changes are substantial like this.

As someone who has been an avid part of the street fighter community and following this game since its announcement, I'd like to ask you to please shut up about something you clearly don't have a clue about.

I grew up on Street Fighter II. I was 7 when I played it on my SNES(24 now) and I can tell you I've played the shit out of nearly EVERY Street Fighter game out there. I still own the ridiculously hilarious Street Fighter: The movie: The game for PSX. As of now, I have played over 7,500 matches on HD Remix since it was released in November 2008.

With that said, it's expected of Capcom to release a new iteration. Have we forgotten Street Fighter II: Champion Edition, II Turbo, Super SFII? And how, at release, cost upwards of $70?

I will definitely be getting SSF4. I bought SF4 and while I had problems with it(crap online lobby/matchmaking mostly), I still put in over 30 hours and played the hell out of it. I do wish it was cheaper but it's still a great value. I've got it pre-ordered through Amazon but with my Gamefly "Refer a friend" credit I got, it comes to $19.82 shipped. Can't beat that!

Now, on topic - I wish this pack was on 360 cause I would buy it even though I have the CE stuff already.

Wow, total fail on my part guys, sorry lol. The way everyone was talking about not being able to even see it made me think it was live because they were looking for it.

[quote name='Sway42']yadda[/QUOTE]

seems pretty elitest to think that your way of playing is the only way of playing. the "flow" of the game? lol, the flow of a game is determined by the players manbrodog

wtb 360 equivalent t.t

something in my gut always told me not to redeem my CE code.. now i know why...

however, doesn't everyone remember that capcom promised a lil something special to those who owned SF4? I wonder what that may be?

I'd drop $60 on SSFIV in a heartbeat, and be happy to do it. For $40 its a no brainer. Conversely, I wouldn't spend $1 on a map pack for any fps game. To each their own.

all this bickering i don't care for and i agree it could of been dlc but for $40 it's not bad for someone who hasn't purchased the game yet and held off on it. I believe there should be a dlc option like they did with the re5 stuff recently. also, if you have super sfiv will you be able to play online against someone who has the regular sfiv game? I was told it won't be happening but would like an asbolute answer.

[quote name='intoxicated662']all this bickering i don't care for and i agree it could of been dlc but for $40 it's not bad for someone who hasn't purchased the game yet and held off on it. I believe there should be a dlc option like they did with the re5 stuff recently. also, if you have super sfiv will you be able to play online against someone who has the regular sfiv game? I was told it won't be happening but would like an asbolute answer.[/QUOTE]

Definitely no. It's a new game with tweaked mechanics.

bread's done
Back