PS3 Singstar Bundle (game + 2 mics) - 9.99$ @ TRU - YMMV

publicsd

CAGiversary!
Hello fellow CAGers,

I dropped by Toys 'R Us today in Montreal and got that original PS3 Singstar bundle - with the 2 USB microphones - for 9.99$, just over 11$ with the taxes.

The price tag showed 19.99$ but it scanned at 9.99$. The clerk made a funny face when he realized that but was happy to make the sale.

It's not advertised anywhere and I don't know for how long it will be at that price. So if you're looking for 2 low-priced USB microphones, the deal is pretty good. I'll let my girlfriend fiddle with the game alone though...

[quote name='publicsd']Hello fellow CAGers,

I dropped by Toys 'R Us today in Montreal and got that original PS3 Singstar bundle - with the 2 USB microphones - for 9.99$, just over 11$ with the taxes.

The price tag showed 19.99$ but it scanned at 9.99$. The clerk made a funny face when he realized that but was happy to make the sale.

It's not advertised anywhere and I don't know for how long it will be at that price. So if you're looking for 2 low-priced USB microphones, the deal is pretty good. I'll let my girlfriend fiddle with the game alone though...[/QUOTE]
For your "girlfriend"... suuuuuuuuuure. ;)

Just took a look at the track list and honestly it's not as bad as I initially would have though. Thanks for posting, great deal if you can find it elsewhere.

The Source had this bundle for the same price a few months ago. I have to say, it's a great party game. Plus, they just added an online battle mode (4.40 update), so you can actually sing with/against your friends over PSN, something Lips doesn't do on the 360 yet!

Anyone who even have an inkling of liking Singstar owes it to themselves to get Singstar Queen, which is 20 bucks pretty much everywhere and 15 at HMV after trade-in (for the PS3 version at least since that's the only one I saw).

I'm not a big Singstar fan, but I sure like Singstar Queen.

[quote name='poiuiu']Anyone who even have an inkling of liking Singstar owes it to themselves to get Singstar Queen, which is 20 bucks pretty much everywhere and 15 at HMV after trade-in (for the PS3 version at least since that's the only one I saw).

I'm not a big Singstar fan, but I sure like Singstar Queen.[/QUOTE]

SingStar Queen (PS3) is 10 bucks at TRU right now!

[quote name='poiuiu']Anyone who even have an inkling of liking Singstar owes it to themselves to get Singstar Queen, which is 20 bucks pretty much everywhere and 15 at HMV after trade-in (for the PS3 version at least since that's the only one I saw).

I'm not a big Singstar fan, but I sure like Singstar Queen.[/QUOTE]

Then I guess I'll go back get 10-bucks-Queen. Took a look at it but since it was tagged at 15$, I didn't bother to take it to the cashier. Damn laziness.

And I've been had with the microphones: both of them are standard microphones with a 3.5mm mini jack. The game comes with a dual USB adaptor to plug them in. But for 10$ I won't complain.

I wouldn't say that this deal is YMMV... It may not be advertised in a flyer (since the quantities are limited) but there were signs posted in the electronics section about that and some other games which had dropped to $9.98, including Singstar Queen.

Some other notable drops were Lego Rock Band ($9.98), and Dante's Inferno LE (PS3) and the regular edition for 360 for $24.98, which I picked up as well. Thanks for the heads up on this deal.

bread's done
Back