PS3 Slim 120GB for $269.99 shipped no tax using Bing!

yodagonemad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just found a pretty awesome PS3 Slim deal. Basically, you can get a PS3 slim from Buy.com on eBay and thus take advantage of tax free and 10% off.

To do it simply search Bing.com for Playstation and click the eBay link advertising cashback. From that link you should be taken to the eBay homepage and there should be a Cashback icon around the top middle of the page. Then go to item # 400070170420. Buy PS3 for $299 no tax or shipping. During the confirmation of buy it now you should see several Cashback references, and the final page should show $30 eligible cashback. Pay with Paypal. Receive $30 back. Profit.

This is likely to be the best Slim deal this holiday season, and is a good replacement for Newegg and Sears and others that have died.

UPDATE:
Cashback has already appeared for me, $30 bucks saved, so I can confirm this works with this item and method.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DrumsVocalsKeys']I really don't need to purchase a PS3, but this is an extremely tempting deal![/QUOTE]Yes, it is! And I just might bite. Would go nice w/ my PS2 Slim (Silver). :)

BTW....the PS3 slim is available again thru newegg. I had it in my cart ready to go and decided to go with this because of the more timely credit the op received due to using ebay....paypal...etc.. Anyhow, Sony is going to enjoy massive sales over the next month and into the holiday season with the lower price and newer slim model. I myself would not have bought another PS3 however I wanted to give my son one for Xmas. At $400...it was not going to happen. With the new price point....and another $30.00 off it is a no brainer. Thanks OP for posting the info on the ebay/buy.com deal with bing. :)

[quote name='Linkhero1']I can't find it. D:[/QUOTE]

He gave you the item number in his post....go thru bing and search for playstation. Click on the ebay link then enter the auction number in search on ebay. It comes right up..... :)

[quote name='yodagonemad']Just found a pretty awesome PS3 Slim deal. Basically, you can get a PS3 slim from Buy.com on eBay and thus take advantage of tax free and 10% off.

To do it simply search bing for Playstation and click the eBay link advertising cashback. Then go to item # 400070170420. Buy PS3 for $299 no tax or shipping. Receive $30 back. Profit.

This is likely to be the best Slim deal this holiday season, and is a good replacement for Newegg and Sears and others that have died.

UPDATE:
Cashback has already appeared for me, $30 bucks saved, so I can confirm this works with this item and method.[/QUOTE]

How long did it take for the $30.00 to show?

[quote name='rcavictor1956']How long did it take for the $30.00 to show?[/QUOTE]

Mine showed up within 30 minutes or so, though I already had a cashback account so that might have made it faster.

[quote name='yodagonemad']Mine showed up within 30 minutes or so, though I already had a cashback account so that might have made it faster.[/QUOTE]

I already signed up and had my account active as well as my paypal account tied to my bing account. It has not been 30 minutes yet.....I will keep checking.

Don't want to throw this off topic, but I don't have an external HDD. Now, I have a PS3 w/ shit in there of course. Including a gameshare account. Would I need to get an external HDD first before so I can back everything up, and then transfer? Is there a way to link 2 PS3's together and transfer? :lol: that'd be great..

I hate that I want a slim when I have a perfectly fine PS3..but.. I want one :bomb:

[quote name='lilboo']Don't want to throw this off topic, but I don't have an external HDD. Now, I have a PS3 w/ shit in there of course. Including a gameshare account. Would I need to get an external HDD first before so I can back everything up, and then transfer? Is there a way to link 2 PS3's together and transfer? :lol: that'd be great..

I hate that I want a slim when I have a perfectly fine PS3..but.. I want one :bomb:[/QUOTE]

No, you'd have to back up everything on your current PS3 to an external HDD and then transfer it off the HDD to the slim.

I pulled the trigger a couple of hours ago, but nothing is showing in my Bing cashback account. I'm a bit nervous -- I followed the OP's instructions exactly, but didn't see any reference to cash back after clicking the ebay link. We'll see...

[quote name='pwhitenight']I pulled the trigger a couple of hours ago, but nothing is showing in my Bing cashback account. I'm a bit nervous -- I followed the OP's instructions exactly, but didn't see any reference to cash back after clicking the ebay link. We'll see...[/QUOTE]

If you followed the link thru bing.com, you were directed to ebay with the notation toward the top of the page regarding cashback. Also...ebay sent me a message after I had completed the purchase indicating I was eligible for the $30.00 and to sign up however I am already a member so I obviously did not sign up again. I have not received the credit yet either but I am not too worried...I am sure it will get there eventually and if not I will contact bing.

Make sure you click the "you're eligible for cashback" link in your ebay inbox.

BTW...looks like I'm the owner of another bluray player...woohoo lol

[quote name='rcavictor1956']My $30.00 is showing as pending now....... :)[/QUOTE]

Same here. Oh, and just to be safe, I signed up for another Cashback account because the email I had for LIVE was not the same as my eBay/Paypal address. Not sure if that mattered, but I wasn't about to take any chances.

Thanks OP! :applause:

If I wasn't planning to buy a PS3 via Amazon due to trade-in credits I'd probably jump on this offer.

[quote name='dcm1602']Anyone know if you could use the sony credit card with this and get an extra 100$ back ?[/QUOTE]

How do I do this?

[quote name='jkircos']How do I do this?[/QUOTE]

Only people who are newcomers to the Sony card are eligible for a first statement credit within 8-12 weeks from the time of purchase.

[quote name='yodagonemad']Tax is really what killed Dell and Sears and others for me. It was like save $30 to pay $27 in tax.[/QUOTE]

That is the same problem I've been having with these deals for a long time now. They look like deals until you hit the checkout and the deal is pretty much gone, with tax or shipping. This one was perfect, just have to wait 60 days for Bing to get me my $30, but that's not a big deal.

They also have xboxs at the new prices, so combined with bing these *could* be good deals, but it's impossible to tell if they are Jaspers and contact info seems to be nonexistent and/or they aren't telling. Oh well.

You can also do this via newegg
Bing search newegg, gets a 10% off their store link
Buy PS3 slim $299.99 free ship no tax in most states.

EDIT - never mind, apparently it died - glad I got my orders in Friday
Sears has 16% CB but tax and shipping eat into it. search "craftsman"

I just ordered one, followed all the steps and paid with paypal. Does this show the $30 cash back in my paypal account or what?

[quote name='sasuke543']Where does the $30 dollar cash back go to? Your paypal account?[/QUOTE]

Yes, usually after a 60 day wait

It might be Ebay USA only.

About CA Sales Tax... If the company you buying from is based in California like Buy.com or Newegg you will get charged sales tax. To avoid sales taxes (Which days on the internet might be numbered) you need to find a retailer that is based in a state were you don't live.

Good deal, if I can't find a 20GB launch model (I did find one locally) then I'll jump on the slim but when GT5 launch is closer than it is now. Should be around Christmas...

[quote name='dj4monie']It might be Ebay USA only.

About CA Sales Tax... If the company you buying from is based in California like Buy.com or Newegg you will get charged sales tax. To avoid sales taxes (Which days on the internet might be numbered) you need to find a retailer that is based in a state were you don't live.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone found a retailer that doesn't have any California Tax because unfortunately I live in CA. :whistle2:|

I don't know of anywhere that has no tax in CA, sadly that is where almost every online retailer is based and BM stores all have a presence there as well.

The Cashback come to your paypal account after the waiting period, or instant if you qualify for instant cashback.

[quote name='yodagonemad']I don't know of anywhere that has no tax in CA, sadly that is where almost every online retailer is based and BM stores all have a presence there as well.

The Cashback come to your paypal account after the waiting period, or instant if you qualify for instant cashback.[/QUOTE]

The instant cash back is if you attach your paypal account to your bing account and pay via paypal correct? I signed up for the quick cashback program so how long should it take to receive the cash back under that program?

Could someone please list steps on how to do this? I use paypal but what do I need to do now sign up for bing.com? then purchase the ps3 where?

How does ebay come into factor?

this threads really confusing

bread's done
Back