PS3 slim lost HDMI output

WiiNet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
125 (100%)
My PS3 slim was up and running fine the last few days. This morning, however, it wouldn't display anything over HDMI? I eventually got it running over Composite, but still can't get it up and running on HDMI.

Any ideas?

Have you tried a different HDMI cable? Have you lost power recently? If so, reset your TV (unplug it from the wall). I'd first check and see if it's the HDMI cable...

I have tried two HDMI cable, both of which are working with my Mac Mini. I haven't lost power and have tried powering everything off and back on. It's really weird.

my 60gb did the same thing last week. try hooking up the hdmi and turn the system (at the system, not the controller) while keeping your finger on the button for a few seconds. this will reset the video display and should, hopefully, autodetect your hdmi again at an acceptable resolution.

[quote name='ToddManG']my 60gb did the same thing last week. try hooking up the hdmi and turn the system (at the system, not the controller) while keeping your finger on the button for a few seconds. this will reset the video display and should, hopefully, autodetect your hdmi again at an acceptable resolution.[/QUOTE]

Yep tried that. That's how I got the SD back.

Dumb question, but did you then go back into the video settings (viewing thru composite) to change your display to HDMI?

My Slim required that I hook up composite first, then switch to HDMI thru the settings menus. Real annoying since my TV doesn't even have composite inputs, so I had to drag it into another room...

[quote name='WildWop']Dumb question, but did you then go back into the video settings (viewing thru composite) to change your display to HDMI?

My Slim required that I hook up composite first, then switch to HDMI thru the settings menus. Real annoying since my TV doesn't even have composite inputs, so I had to drag it into another room...[/QUOTE]

Hmm I didn't have to do that at all. Hooked up a monoprice HDMI cable right out of the box and it worked fine.

I hooked up HDMI right out of the box too... worked great.

...and now for some reason, today, it's working again. That was the weirdest thing ever.

Could it be an issue with the TV and the system? I remember back in the day there was a... Not sure what the word is. Maybe "authorization" issue with some TV's and HDMI cables. People had to boot up their systems and when it didn't show the picture (black screen), had to unplug the cable and put it back into the PS3 a few times.

No, I'm pretty sure the cable is fine. It is an old TV, so that could very well be the problem. Next time it happens, I won't freak out.

bread's done
Back