PS3 Slim Pre-orders

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=94]8835[/IMG-R]Can you believe that the UK's price for the PS3 Slim isn't a straight dollar for pound swap?

Right now, ShopTo.net seem to have the cheapest pre-order price at £229.99 delivered.
:ps3: 120GB PS3 Slim £229.99[/preview]

Edit: Price updated, now down to £229.99 at ShopTo.net.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Exu']Cheers John. One to watch, if only it was backcompat...[/QUOTE]

Now that the PS3 has a decent catalog of games I'm not surprised that they left it out. (I've got one of the original fully backwards compatible US models, and can't remember the last time I put a PS2 game in.) I might actually sell it and get a slim instead.

I'm concerned about two things:
1) It's the same price as the PSP GO.
2) It doesn't look great in my view.

But what I also did notice is that they got rid of the Spider-Man font from the front of the PS3 model. ;)

Good find John! I'm sure many retailers will be uploading details of Pre-Orders starting from tomorrow.

[quote name='PhaperPlane']
2) It doesn't look great in my view.
[/QUOTE]

Those on/off and eject buttons look a little cheap too.

I wonder if the hard drive is going to be upgradable, or if you're stuck with 120GB? (I never thought I'd run out of space on my 60GB, but it didn't take long.)

Waiting for Norwegian price.... Still not interresting for me untill it breakes the 1995,- NOK price. (Ca. £180)

[quote name='John']Those on/off and eject buttons look a little cheap too.

I wonder if the hard drive is going to be upgradable, or if you're stuck with 120GB? (I never thought I'd run out of space on my 60GB, but it didn't take long.)[/QUOTE]

Will be upgradeable. CNET confirmed it.

[quote name='Colgol']Btw, not a good design... The whole machine looks way cheaper than the original...[/QUOTE]

o, it's not. look better the high res snapshots... it's quality plastics, with matte finisch. it will be ... different, that's it. I dig the new style a lot.
what i DONT dig is the pricing 299 USD *IS NOT* 299 EUR
299 USD --> 212 EUR --> 180 GBP
so, friends, how in hell is any good a preorder for 245 GBP!?!?!
i'm not buying until the prices are more equate in-between regions, stupid regions.
229 eur? 199 gbp? let me in
else, nope

[quote name='babaz75']so, friends, how in hell is any good a preorder for 245 GBP!?!?!
i'm not buying until the prices are more equate in-between regions, stupid regions.
else, nope[/QUOTE]

It's not uncommon for us Brits to get shafted with a £/$ swap on the US price, i.e. £300. I was pleasantly surprised with the £250 price tag.

[quote name='babaz75']o, it's not. look better the high res snapshots... it's quality plastics, with matte finisch. it will be ... different, that's it. I dig the new style a lot.
what i DONT dig is the pricing 299 USD *IS NOT* 299 EUR
299 USD --> 212 EUR --> 180 GBP
so, friends, how in hell is any good a preorder for 245 GBP!?!?!
else, nope[/QUOTE]
Price in France is the usual $1 = €1.
So we are stuck at €299.

Anyhoo, it's way half the launch price (€599).

[quote name='John']It's not uncommon for us Brits to get shafted with a £/$ swap on the US price, i.e. £300. I was pleasantly surprised with the £250 price tag.[/QUOTE]

well, a 1:1 USD to GBP conversion is even more MURDEROUS than already infaming USD to EUR
now, 299 eur most exactly equate to 250 gbp - they're going for a unified EU price, indeed
stll raping though - it's the SAME BLODDY game console, but here in old europe we pay 50% more than our us fellows. That's not fair (look, i'm not blaming Sony here i'm baming the WHOLE industry)

It's not as bad as I was expecting, unlike the PSP Go which is way too expensive. Was considering getting one, but I already have so much to catch up on with my 360/Wii.

Last edited by a moderator:
Price isn't as bad as i was expecting either.

Hey John, if you do think of selling your backwards compatible model, gimme a PM (i'm a bit down about mine not being backwards compatible).

[quote name='TheToiletDuck']Price isn't as bad as i was expecting either.

Hey John, if you do think of selling your backwards compatible model, gimme a PM (i'm a bit down about mine not being backwards compatible).[/QUOTE]

It's NTSC, so it's region locked for all PS2/PS1 games. If you're still interested I'll let you know if I'm going to make the switch.

[quote name='TheToiletDuck']Price isn't as bad as i was expecting either.

Hey John, if you do think of selling your backwards compatible model, gimme a PM (i'm a bit down about mine not being backwards compatible).[/QUOTE]

I have an original 60gb I may be tempted to part with. For the right price obviously.

[quote name='John']Now that the PS3 has a decent catalog of games I'm not surprised that they left it out. (I've got one of the original fully backwards compatible US models, and can't remember the last time I put a PS2 game in.) I might actually sell it and get a slim instead.[/QUOTE]

i seriously advise not too, i will probably get the slim on launch, then rebox my launch ps3

in a few years finding a backwards compat ps3 in good condition will be pretty hard i think so i might be able to make some money off it
personally i dont need the backwards compatiblity, i still have a ps2
but yh, hold on to it if you can, make some money maybe

[quote name='Donnelly']I have an original 60gb I may be tempted to part with. For the right price obviously.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='John']It's NTSC, so it's region locked for all PS2/PS1 games. If you're still interested I'll let you know if I'm going to make the switch.[/QUOTE]

I'm going on holiday to the states on Sunday, but will keep that in mind for when i get back and see how much money i have. Though, if my tescos have the ps2 slim for 30quid that might be a way to go :p

Hey john and other fellow cags. I am desperate for 60gb ps3, so if anyone is willing to part with theres please please let me know. Thank you.

[quote name='John'][preview][IMG-R=94]8835[/IMG-R]Can you believe that the UK's price for the PS3 Slim isn't a straight dollar for pound swap?

Right now, ShopTo.net seem to have the cheapest pre-order price at £244.85 delivered.
:ps3: 120GB PS3 Slim £244.85[/preview]

Update: You should be able to use the "WILD10" code at sendit.com to get 10% off, bringing the pre-order total to £224.90.
:ps3: 120 GB PS3 Slim £224.90[/QUOTE]

Shopto.net price even lower now:

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/GAMES/PS3SLIM-PS3 Slim 120GB.html

I want to wait to see how the current PS3s are dropping. Not interested in size; price has always been my main problem with the PS3.

bread's done
Back