PS3 Soul Calibur IV Arcade Stick for 43.99

A lot of people question the ability for bluetooth to hang with the response time needed for "execution" of moves in fighting games. What i don't get is that the 360 one is more expensive and the 360 one without the sticker on it is even more expensive than that.

the ps3 one was the same price of the 360 one (53.99). is there any chance the 360 will drop in price as well?

[quote name='jabbasi']the ps3 one was the same price of the 360 one (53.99). is there any chance the 360 will drop in price as well?[/quote]

Always a chance, but the PS3 stick has been about $10 cheaper since they released sans a few days where they were both about where the 360 stick is at now.

I have the Soul Calibur IV Hori 360 stick and it's pretty nice. Not quite as good as my X-Arcade stick, but it's better than most other arcade sticks I've tried. (The X-Arcade doesn't have a 360 adapter yet, but it DOES have one for the PS3)

The Hori stick way better than using the standard controller for sure.

Hmm how big is this? Is it small enough to fit on my lap? I may want to pick this up so I don't have to look for one once SF4 is out (how's the joystick, is it good enough to do Hadoukens in SF??)

Does it work on a PC as well (XP/Vista), with MAME?

Are there drivers available? Anyone in the know?

[quote name='bearcatjosh']Is this a good stick, or is it just a clicky mess like a lot of home arcade sticks?[/QUOTE]

HORI makes quality sticks. But this stick (like their others) does click. But...I mean, that isn't a bad thing. For some people, it actually helps in execution.

How does this compare to the real arcade pro series? I mean, I realize that one uses actual arcade components and the other doesn't, but in real life, how much gameplay difference does that make (reliability / longevity is another story, but lets put that aside)?

Also any comments on diagonal movements? How easy to hit?

[quote name='SDC']HORI makes quality sticks. But this stick (like their others) does click. But...I mean, that isn't a bad thing. For some people, it actually helps in execution.[/quote]

I believe most if not all japanese style sticks click (even in the arcade)

[quote name='pfiffy']Does it work on a PC as well (XP/Vista), with MAME?

Are there drivers available? Anyone in the know?[/quote]
There is a sixaxis usb driver for PC so you can try that. Since some pc controllers work directly on PS3 you might even need any drivers.

I had the plain jane Hori stick for 360 but took it back because there was a SC4 stick on Amazon Warehouse for the same price. I played with it a bit and it seemed a lot better than I thought it would. My biggest gripe is the base doesn't have much room for your palms to rest on it.

If you wanted a stick for use with PC, I'd recc the 360 one over this.

I'm not sure why it costs more, but I think it might have something to do with the Microsoft licensing and the extra security chip that enables it to be used on the 360.

But the sticks are okay, I don't think they're that great to be honest, especially when you compare them to the Hori Real Arcade Pro series and other arcade sticks that use authentic arcade parts.

Like mentioned above, if you have specific questions/concerns, check with the arcade stick thread.

[quote name='sethk']How does this compare to the real arcade pro series? I mean, I realize that one uses actual arcade components and the other doesn't, but in real life, how much gameplay difference does that make (reliability / longevity is another story, but lets put that aside)?

Also any comments on diagonal movements? How easy to hit?[/quote]

Hi, I feel that the throw on the Hori sticks are a bit different compared to the HRAP series. You have to pull/push the EX2/FS3 stick further to register the direction you want.

For the HRAP series of sticks you don't need as much of a motion to register moves like fireballs/dragon uppercuts. This is just from my experience though...

Yeah Markman made a thread about arcade sticks already, this one was given a C quality if I remember, also the buttons are a bit mushy as they are not real arcade parts. I prefer this over the T5 one though, as it is lighter and the rotation of the stick seems more loose, which is a good thing for fireball motions.

bread's done
Back