PS3 SoulCalibur V Collector's Edition Amazon $33.94

[quote name='apokalypse']Question: Which is more noob-friendly, this or Persona 4 Arena (using the dualshock controller) ?[/QUOTE]

SoulCalibur V is unbalanced and, in many respects, half baked. No matter what the price, it's not worth investing the time to learn a system that is broken to begin with. Don't buy it.

On the other hand, Person 4 Arena is all quality.

[quote name='apokalypse']Question: Which is more noob-friendly, this or Persona 4 Arena (using the dualshock controller) ?[/QUOTE]

While I disagree with SCV being "broken" beyond playability, P4A is a much more refined system. Also, there's a decent range of skill involved in P4A, where there's easy combos for people who are still learning the flow of the game and difficult/unique characters for those looking for a challenge, as well as a myriad of mechanics to master for both. They're different enough so that I honestly would play both at any given moment, but for overall quality and noob-friendliness, P4A wins out.

[quote name='Kilvas09']SoulCalibur V is unbalanced and, in many respects, half baked. No matter what the price, it's not worth investing the time to learn a system that is broken to begin with. Don't buy it.

On the other hand, Person 4 Arena is all quality.[/QUOTE]

Thanks will leave it then!
broke

[quote name='Kilvas09']SoulCalibur V is unbalanced and, in many respects, half baked. No matter what the price, it's not worth investing the time to learn a system that is broken to begin with. Don't buy it.

On the other hand, Person 4 Arena is all quality.[/QUOTE]

Im sorry but Soul Calibur 5 is not THAT bad as you stated. Yes the game is not perfect (which video game is anyways) but it's A LOT of fun to play and VERY FRIENDLY for casual gamers.

[quote name='john718']Im sorry but Soul Calibur 5 is not THAT bad as you stated. Yes the game is not perfect (which video game is anyways) but it's A LOT of fun to play and VERY FRIENDLY for casual gamers.[/QUOTE]

Im sorry, but it is "that bad"

[quote name='uthoria']Im sorry, but it is "that bad"[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is. It's not up to par with other fighters or other SoulCalibur games, but I don't think it's bad by any means. It's unbalanced in some aspects, but name me a perfect fighting game. They all have their issues. And like I said, this isn't the best SoulCalibur game on the market, but it's still fun in its own way. This is coming from someone who felt like it was a huge disappointment after anticipating it for so long. It's still enjoyable for the most part though.

[quote name='Tsel']I'd be all over this if it came with a statue or figure of some sort.[/QUOTE]
A statue of IVY!!!!!!!:drool:

SCV is the best gameplay wise in the series for the most part. the problem is the game i think got 6-12 months of development time. has a severe shortage of modes. and is in general lacking single player stuff.

the game does however play quite well especially you are a fan of the series.

Will pick this up if they extend this price to the 360 version. I like the series a lot but nothing's quite lived up to how much fun SC1 and 2 were.

Coming from a HUGE Soul Calibur fan, SCV was a big let down. Missing characters (Talim :whistle2:(), unbalanced, and a woefully sub-par single player mode. The LE is worth $30, but this is the last one I buy at full price.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Coming from a HUGE Soul Calibur fan, SCV was a big let down. Missing characters (Talim :whistle2:(), unbalanced, and a woefully sub-par single player mode. The LE is worth $30, but this is the last one I buy at full price.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much how I feel. Is it a good game on its own? Yes. Is it a good game for Soul Calibur fans? Probably not. I beat the 'story' mode in 4 hours and was left bored after that.

And yes, I miss Talim too. :cry:

It doesn't include Dampierre, so hopefully this results in the Best Buy ones dropping in price which DO include Dampierre.

[quote name='Tsel']Pretty much how I feel. Is it a good game on its own? Yes. Is it a good game for Soul Calibur fans? Probably not. I beat the 'story' mode in 4 hours and was left bored after that.

And yes, I miss Talim too. :cry:[/QUOTE] Talim was my main in SCII and her absence is definitely a big fail in this game.

I used to love SC but V felt like a completely different game. I suck at fighting games but SC was one game where I could pick up the controller and at least play. But SCV feels like a completely different game altogether.

bread's done
Back