PS3 Street Fighter IV CE: Read This Now!

Nukkus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I've just talked to a half dozen EBGames Stores, 2 Futureshops and One BestBuy trying to hunt down the Collector's Edition of Street Fighter IV for PS3, and they have all recieved emails from Capcom to say that it is permanently discontinued.

That may be a first. I bought (and use) the 360 CE, and have the PS3 CE because I wanted to anime on bluray, but now I don't know if I should open that up. Hmm...

Congrats to Capcom for being lazy bastards and crushing everyone's dreams. I'm one of the many dozens who preordered at my local EB who didn't get it, they recieved 2 copies. I was 7th on the list. and surprise surprise, the employees were at the top of the list. -_-;

[quote name='Rex']That may be a first. I bought (and use) the 360 CE, and have the PS3 CE because I wanted to anime on bluray, but now I don't know if I should open that up. Hmm...[/quote]

yea.... I am in the same boat as you. I was ready to open the PS3 one to watch the blu ray. What are we going to do?!? :wall:

I actually had gone to my Best Buy where I had preordered SFiv CE, and it turns out they had totally oversold their preorders... They checked every store around us for a store that had it in stock and the closest was 160 miles away.

I asked the guy to check the store by my folks and they happened to have 4. That store put a CE on hold for me until my family could get out there to pick it up... I honestly didn't expect something like this to happen, but I sorta lucked out in the end.

I'm guessing that less PS3 copies were pressed than 360 simply because of market share. I work retail and when we got our standard SF4 shipment, we only got 8 ps3 copies, but got 24 xbox360. Maybe the CE Press was the same way?

[quote name='Nukkus']I've just talked to a half dozen EBGames Stores, 2 Futureshops and One BestBuy trying to hunt down the Collector's Edition of Street Fighter IV for PS3, and they have all recieved emails from Capcom to say that it is permanently discontinued.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's discontinued yet..money talks in the end. I talked to dozen FS's, BB, EB's yesterday and even looked at there inventory for the next 2 weeks and they are getting more PS3CE copies..albeit..I don't know if it's alot or small quantities, but if that will be the last batch of shipments, and you missed grabbing one initially, grab one next week ASAP...I know I'll go running during lunch around downtown for one.

[quote name='NolbertoS']I don't think it's discontinued yet..money talks in the end. I talked to dozen FS's, BB, EB's yesterday and even looked at there inventory for the next 2 weeks and they are getting more PS3CE copies..albeit..I don't know if it's alot or small quantities, but if that will be the last batch of shipments, and you missed grabbing one initially, grab one next week ASAP...I know I'll go running during lunch around downtown for one.[/quote]

It's not money talk. PS3 CEs are being recalled due to typo. First batch of shipment before recall will be the only stock available for a while and may end up being last.

sf4oops-01.jpg

PS3 CE are not being recalled. That's the package for a diffrent SF4 action figure. NOT the packaging in the PS3 CE.

[quote name='danthemightyone']It's not money talk. PS3 CEs are being recalled due to typo. First batch of shipment before recall will be the only stock available for a while and may end up being last.

sf4oops-01.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I don't think it'll be the last, they may be recalled though..we'll see I guess, what happens, hopefully BB and FS can get there orders on the sales floor, before they get discontinued.

[quote name='slam09']PS3 CE are not being recalled. That's the package for a diffrent SF4 action figure. NOT the packaging in the PS3 CE.[/quote]

yeah. you seem right. sorry for the mass confusion. :whistle2:#

Capcom has stated that their production numbers are fixed for the CE on the official SFIV forums. There won't be anymore after that number is sold out. They might be making more but once they reach capacity they're gone.

FYI I just called Capcom Customer Support and they told me yes, it's discontinued but they have more than enough to fulfill preorders. Basically if you successfully placed an order before it was reported as sold out, you are guaranteed a copy.

In fact, he told me that they should be shipping today, but who knows. I realize this is the Canada thread but I don't think it's being handled any differently.

Huhhhh... I ordered from Amazon.ca on the first day they listed it and their estimated ship date is today (20th.) But on the order page it still says "Not yet shipped" and nothing about it being in preparation for shipping, which I would expect it to say on the day of shipping. Man, now I'm paranoid that they won't send me one.

At least CapCom is telling the truth when they say it's limited. Look at Halo 3. Apparently they made millions of those helmets. I still see LE GTA4s at the EB I shop at, too.

[quote name='danthemightyone']yeah. you seem right. sorry for the mass confusion. :whistle2:#[/quote]

I was about to start raging because my CE figurine isn't posable.

[quote name='lustyhitter']At least CapCom is telling the truth when they say it's limited. Look at Halo 3. Apparently they made millions of those helmets. I still see LE GTA4s at the EB I shop at, too.[/quote]
Same thing with MGS4.

[quote name='reicaden']same thing as in limited? or same thing as in easy tofind?[/quote]
Easy to find, just a couple weeks ago Best Buy was giving away free LE of MGS4 with purchase of a console. I can't believe I lined up on launch morning before the store opened just to make sure they didn't give away my pre-order.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Same thing with MGS4.[/quote]

Yeah, I actually found a second one when it was on sale at Future Shop.

I remember that here, all copies of Jade Empire were LE. Every Canadian got all the extra stuff at a regular price. The extra characters, the making of film, the demos, etc.

Folks try your local gamestop. If folks who pre-ordered did not pickup by 2/19 you can buy them. I walked into my local gamestop in San Jose and picked one up at retail price. Craigslist has them for $120 which is ridiculous, after playing it, its alright, not as smooth and great as I thought it would have been.

[quote name='lustyhitter']Yeah, I actually found a second one when it was on sale at Future Shop.

I remember that here, all copies of Jade Empire were LE. Every Canadian got all the extra stuff at a regular price. The extra characters, the making of film, the demos, etc.[/quote]
The limited edition was the regular edition. I remember that.

fuck I wanted a figure. Oh well. I know half of you CAGs are twiddling your fingers trying to resell this.

I actually do hope my local shops actually get a few more. The FS I frequent and work at the fucking manager bought the only PS3 CE, and they're always touting "customers first lawl jeez", whooo boy.

And to my bro who I KNOW is reading this; please don't waste your time trying to find it, just give it up, selling it for $40 more ten years from now isn't worth the effort.

WTF man... Looks like Amazon.ca still hasn't shipped my PS3 CE. Stores already had it in on the 17th, estimated ship date from Amazon was 20th, now I gotta wait til Monday at the earliest for them to ship the damn thing. So frustrating.

I looked at the EB receipt and it mention a number 308/500. So does that mean 500 CE for entire EB store within the province? It must be really small number because EB at my area didn't have enough copies and have to turn away 7 pre-order.

[quote name='scourdx']I looked at the EB receipt and it mention a number 308/500. So does that mean 500 CE for entire EB store within the province? It must be really small number because EB at my area didn't have enough copies and have to turn away 7 pre-order.[/quote]

mine says 308/500 on PS3 CE too. I doubt they track # of CEs sold.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']WTF man... Looks like Amazon.ca still hasn't shipped my PS3 CE. Stores already had it in on the 17th, estimated ship date from Amazon was 20th, now I gotta wait til Monday at the earliest for them to ship the damn thing. So frustrating.[/quote]

Same with my 360 CE :/

Amazon just emailed me, they don't have the CEs. We just got F'd, dudes. And I ordered on the first day they were listed. Now what do I do, nobody is going to have any CE left. And I have way fewer options since I'm currently in Kingston (live in Toronto.) AAAAAGH!

Dude Future shop should have them.... or try HMV and walmart.

I'm officially pissed, I can't find no arcade stick... not even the ghetto hori EX2. :(

The lady at The Source assured me they'd have some SF4 CE PS3 next week...riiiiight. "The computer never lied to me.", she said...hehe

Well dudes, I decided to give up on the CE, managed to find a normal edition at Blockbuster for $60, every other store has it at $70.

Oh yeah, they had a copy of Killzone 2 there too.

I'm a little annoyed. The last two CE/LE games I was interested in were a joke -- MGS4 and Halo 3; so I was like "aw fuck it I'll get the CE way later" for SFIV and now I'll probably never get it. The industry is setting double standards >.>

Anybody in Edmonton see it around?

^ but dont you think its more fun now? predicting which Limited V. will be actually limited. :p now its about luck instead of money who gets a rare version.

i remeber ppl got screwed who got the "limited edition" mgs4 40gb gray ps3, and few months later, it went on sale for over 200$ in savings.

the mgs4 80gb normal edition was the edition that was rare. i had to look 1 month for it untill i finally found it.

[quote name='Rocky071']I'm a little annoyed. The last two CE/LE games I was interested in were a joke -- MGS4 and Halo 3; so I was like "aw fuck it I'll get the CE way later" for SFIV and now I'll probably never get it. The industry is setting double standards >.>

Anybody in Edmonton see it around?[/quote]

Futureshop website says 360 version is in stock at the Edmonton South store.

[quote name='firehawk12']Anyone who ordered on Amazon get their copy?[/quote]
They emailed me today that they don't have any, so I went and bought the normal one at Blockbuster.

[quote name='bs000']Futureshop website says 360 version is in stock at the Edmonton South store.[/quote]

Futureshop store stock check sucks.. Saw on 4 occasions this week with the PS3 SFIV CE in stock and ordered it only to have it not filled (once happened around midnight for some weird reason)..

bread's done
Back