PS3 system trade?

TheAngryCAG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
I recently scored a CECHA01 PS3, the 60gb model that plays PS2 games. However, it is modified for retail display, so it seems like anytime it's updated, it locks me out of setting and erases data.

Someone I know is willing to trade me either their 40gb or 80gb PS3 for it. Neither of the systems can play PS2 games, but I'm wondering if it's worth it.

What do you guys think?

yeah just get rid of it...how often do you play ps2 games? I had a 60gb, and never played ps2 games and was able to sell it for $350 or so.

Isn't there a way to turn that off? I recall reading about demo systems a long time ago, and if it's truly locked that way then you probably have a rare item. Give it to me?

I don't know why people are so eager to throw away BC, the PS2 has so many great games.

[quote name='DPsx7']I don't know why people are so eager to throw away BC, the PS2 has so many great games.[/QUOTE]

I would miss the ps2 compatibility a little, but I'd probably trade my 60gb away too if someone offered. I'd rather have the new one that's quiet and uses half the power...

I would definitely take the trade. I played enough PS2 games during the system's prime. I have ps2 in my closet somewhere that I haven't thought about playing for three years.

Have you tried calling Sony about getting it unlocked?

I personally love the 60 and wouldn't trade it, but that's just imo...

I won't lie, I barely ever play PS2 games, but it's always nice to know that I can when I want to...

buying a ps2 cheap is another solution.
yes higher res playback on the 60gb blah blah.
if you want to play ps2 you'd get one.

bread's done
Back