PS3 Uncharted/inFamous bundle $199 at Target

[quote name='crunchewy']This is a great deal. I picked one up from BF (actually a week after or so) and we are happy with the design. However this is our first PS3, so I can't compare them. The lid over the disc "tray" is a bit on the flimsy side and flexes if you push it, but I don't think it's a big deal. It seems pretty unlikely it would break.

The only complaints I'd have is that 1) I don't see a vertical stand for it anywhere, and it may be the case that it is not intended to be set up vertically. Maybe they just haven't come out with the stand yet, though? 2) I wish it had more than 2 USB ports. With a keyboard and Skylanders portal, we are left with no USB ports without swapping.[/QUOTE]

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/SONY+COMPUTER+ENTNMT+AMERICA+-+VERTICAL+STAND/6884701.p?id=1218810330622&skuId=6884701&st=ps3%20stand&cp=1&lp=1

Having owned all 3 designs myself, my only real problem with the super slim is that the sliding door on top can vibrate a bit and opening up when you have it in your bookbag

I wasn't able to get this on BF, so I ended up getting the AC Bundle from Target instead with the $10 GC free with purchase and the AC Ezio Trilogy included free. Add the 5% off from total and selling both games and the PS+ trial, I basically got a 500 GB for about $200. It wasn't too bad since I'm not a big fan of Uncharted and Infamous.

[quote name='GBAstar']Not true. A review site said it looked cheap so it must be. Also it is well known that every new product Sony makes is a scam and this is no exception. Lastly someone said it's a bad deal because it doesn't have enough USB ports to charge her Nintendo DS or her roommates cell phone.[/QUOTE]

Did Sony hire you for damage control? Why are you trying so hard?

[quote name='GBAstar']Not true. A review site said it looked cheap so it must be. Also it is well known that every new product Sony makes is a scam and this is no exception. Lastly someone said it's a bad deal because it doesn't have enough USB ports to charge her Nintendo DS or her roommates cell phone.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it does look cheap and flimsy in person compared to the PS3 Slim. My brother got one on Black Friday to replace his PS3 Slim after trading it in to game stop. When the disc spins the cheap slide cover leaks sound more compared to the PS3 slim. Excluding those issues the system is much smaller, gives you a way removed discs easily, and operates with same performance as other PS3 systems.

One caveat on the bundle - the uncharted 2 GotY edition that comes with the system has codes for DLC. The codes on some of these are expired already, and don't work. This is unfortunate, as the co-op mode in the DLC is fun.

How hard does the disc snap on for this model? I am always paranoid after how awful the slim PS2s are with the snap, it has cracked a few discs. Maybe the other models are just like that but we can't actually see it.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']How hard does the disc snap on for this model? I am always paranoid after how awful the slim PS2s are with the snap, it has cracked a few discs. Maybe the other models are just like that but we can't actually see it.[/QUOTE]

Mine seems to be pretty smooth and not a "harsh" snap. I dont see there being any problem with cracking discs!

I went from my 60gig fat ps3 to the superslim and hated it when I first got the new one! But it grew on me and now I dont have a single regret about buying it. At the end of the day, do you watch and listen to your ps3 when playing a game or movie? Or do you watch your tv and listen to the audio that comes out of the speakers? If your like me and choose the latter then you wont even notice what it looks like and it is a pretty quiet system.

Limited stock near me. I may go just out of curiosity. That is a for sure price at $199 then? The OCD collector in me hates the games coming in cardboard sleeves though. But the price is tempting.

[quote name='honzoh']Why can't it? Just head to Target, buy one, take receipt to Best Buy, PM it. Then return the one you bought to Target..[/QUOTE]

That's a really dumb idea.. people don't have 400 dollars to spend waiting for 200 dollars to be refunded back to their credit card...

...also that would defeat the purpose if you could just pay the 199 unless you wanted RZ ponts.

Coworker called the 2 stores with limited inventory and they claimed to not have any.

Stock checker or customer service fail.

Edit: He called another guy who claimed their inventory system has been messed up and they haven't had any since Thanksgiving.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FadeToOne']Coworker called the 2 stores with limited inventory and they claimed to not have any.

Stock checker or customer service fail.

Edit: He called another guy who claimed their inventory system has been messed up and they haven't had any since Thanksgiving.[/QUOTE]

I went to 3 stores in the Buffalo NY area that the inventory checker said "in stock" for and came home with only a Skylander for my son. The employee at the last store played around with his machine for about 15 mins looking for one but told me when they first were delivered to the stores there were only 3 per case and the computer recognized each case as 4 so inventory is off. Sounds like a pretty simple problem to not have fixed in 2 months.

I grabbed one this morning. I think it was the last one at the store. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT

The DLC codes work too even though they are expired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uncharted is one of the best game series ever. I wasn't really a fan of Infamous though...I might give it another try at some point.

[quote name='Candyvin']I got the PS3 Super Slim Uncharted 3 GOTY bundle on CowBoom for $150 two weeks ago...[/QUOTE]

How is that website? I've never purchased anything from it so I'm a bit leery. I noticed for the most part blemishes are mentioned but not in detail. Have you had good dealings with it?

Thanks in advance for any information.

[quote name='SnowMeow']One caveat on the bundle - the uncharted 2 GotY edition that comes with the system has codes for DLC. The codes on some of these are expired already, and don't work. This is unfortunate, as the co-op mode in the DLC is fun.[/QUOTE]

Just FYI, the insert said the code had expired at the end of 2012 but I was still able to redeem it a couple days ago. Expiration dates of bundled DLC are often extended per Sony (https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1576)

[quote name='Behemoth24']Uncharted is one of the best game series ever. I wasn't really a fan of Infamous though...I might give it another try at some point.[/QUOTE]

You really should give it a second try. Once you get over how lame Cole is, the rest of the series is damn awesome. :)

Been meaning to get on here and give a big shout out to the OP.

Five days ago, my fat 80gb system stopped reading discs. Tore it apart and cleaned it - no dice. Remembered this thread, used the inventory checker, and held my breath when we drove the hour to the nearest Target (we were shopping out of town anyway). Lo and behold, they had one system left, hidden behind a more current unit. Snatched it up right quick. After letting it run overnight to transfer all the old files, the new beast is alive.

BIG THANKS for making me aware of this deals' existence!

[quote name='jupiterjones']Been meaning to get on here and give a big shout out to the OP.

Five days ago, my fat 80gb system stopped reading discs. Tore it apart and cleaned it - no dice. Remembered this thread, used the inventory checker, and held my breath when we drove the hour to the nearest Target (we were shopping out of town anyway). Lo and behold, they had one system left, hidden behind a more current unit. Snatched it up right quick. After letting it run overnight to transfer all the old files, the new beast is alive.

BIG THANKS for making me aware of this deals' existence![/QUOTE]

Dude, I'm in the same boat as you. My 80GB is on its last leg and I'm looking to replace it. How did you go about transferring stuff?

[quote name='TeamSwish']Damn. Called 5 stores that were limited or in stock and was 0 for 5.

Stupid inventory checker. Annoyed.[/QUOTE]

Rule No.1 of shitdeals is do not call

I can't believe I found one of these at my local target with limited quantities. The box is a bit beatup but I'll take it. Now to go throw that fat ps3 out the window!

[quote name='gldoorii']Dude, I'm in the same boat as you. My 80GB is on its last leg and I'm looking to replace it. How did you go about transferring stuff?[/QUOTE]

2 Ways if you have an ethernet wire can connect the two and transfer files that way or do a backup on the original PS3 to an external HDD and then upload it to the new PS3.

How many gigs is this? I drove by one target that has limited stock according to the checker but I wasn't aware of this deal, its only 25 min away anyways.

Thanks for the link on this. My phat PS3 YLOD on me a couple of days ago and I was dreading paying full retail. My local Target still had 1 so I went and picked it up. Thanks for the update!

[quote name='chelosera91']How many gigs is this? I drove by one target that has limited stock according to the checker but I wasn't aware of this deal, its only 25 min away anyways.[/QUOTE]

250gbs. I am tempted on this, as I have plenty of stores that list having them. Does this come with any PS+? I for sure want that.

none of my stores had it. i don't even know if it would make logical sense to buy a ps3 in 2013. but at 199 it seems like it's a good buy. i am torn. especially since i have a ton of shooters for xbox and nothing for ps3 id be starting from scratch.

[quote name='tekron']none of my stores had it. i don't even know if it would make logical sense to buy a ps3 in 2013. but at 199 it seems like it's a good buy. i am torn. especially since i have a ton of shooters for xbox and nothing for ps3 id be starting from scratch.[/QUOTE]It does make sense. With rumors that the PS4 won't be backwards compatible or play used games it makes much sense.

[quote name='tekron']none of my stores had it. i don't even know if it would make logical sense to buy a ps3 in 2013. but at 199 it seems like it's a good buy. i am torn. especially since i have a ton of shooters for xbox and nothing for ps3 id be starting from scratch.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 does have a lot to offer but with the next gen around the corner and you have a 360 that clearly has been satisfactory for you this entire gen and the PS3 hasn't snared you yet, it may make sense to pass.

s/o to the op for letting me know about this awesome deal. ive wanted a ps3 for a while now and wasnt playing attention to bf ads at the time. now i got this nice ps3 with uncharted which is one of the reasons i wanted ps to begin with. i love this site

This thread was the spark that reached full flame with me buying the 2012 BF ps3 bundle. I've never had a ps3 before, and infamous & uncharted are really the only games besides GOW i want to play. badside is i couldnt get it for $199. Paid $285 & I'll have it by Tuesday, all in all Im pleased, Ive wanted a bluray player anywa.

[quote name='jammin20']I went to 3 stores in the Buffalo NY area that the inventory checker said "in stock" for and came home with only a Skylander for my son. The employee at the last store played around with his machine for about 15 mins looking for one but told me when they first were delivered to the stores there were only 3 per case and the computer recognized each case as 4 so inventory is off. Sounds like a pretty simple problem to not have fixed in 2 months.[/QUOTE]

Target YMMV is 99% failure; a waste of time in my community.. Do not expect to see the deals..

My wife and I were out grocery shopping at one of the local Targets (City of Industry, if anyone cares) that previously showed "phantom inventory" for PS3 Black Friday bundles, and there it was in the case today. It had a bit of wear on the corners of the box, but it was completely sealed. I had to flag down an employee because no one was in electronics, but they said they didn't think it was a return... maybe an employee was hiding it in the back? Anyway, snagged it immediately.

I feel bad about sending back the White PS3 bundle I got from Amazon, but this is considerably cheaper. Just hope they don't flag my account.

bread's done
Back