Ps3 with Void warranty

hanun1002

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I bought a ps3 which was manufactured in September 2008.
Today I suddenly heard loud noise when I insert blu ray disc. So, unfortuantely, I disassembled it. Thus, warranty is gone and still some noise (not loud though).
By the way,I have a question here guys. Will GS take this PS3?

It's unclear of when you purchased it, though from the manufacture date, it should still be under warranty through Sony.

Opening it up was a very bad move. You could have called Sony, had them look up the serial number and manufacture date, see it's still in warranty and have them service it.

You could trade it into GS, though my guess is that they'll see it's been opened and not give you full trade-in credit for it. They'd classify it as a broken system and give you next to nothing for it.

Only problem is, unless they have the the original receipt from when they first bought it(assuming they bought it new)they're SOL Shrike.

Sony requires a copy of the original receipt when shipping in the system for warranty service. But now that the OP has opened the system up, they'll be forced to put out $150 PLUS cover their own shipping costs.

It was a REALLY stupid move on the OP's part in opening the system up over a 'loud noise'. You know how many times my PS3 has made a 'loud noise' and while I initially got worried over it, I ended up getting used to those, since the PS3 makes a bunch of them at various times.

bread's done
Back