Ps3?

Costa

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Im selling my 60g BC ps3 for $400 to get a ps3 slim. Now, Can I change the hard drive from my 60g to put in the ps3 slim's 120g and my ps3 slim would have the 60g. Im just want to know if I will lose my burnout, MVC2, SSFHD, and my ps3 game saves and profiles, if I put the 60g from my old unit to a new ps3 slim, and can you do it? thanks for any help

Yes you can do this but why would you want to lose 60GBs of space? You can back up your game saves on another portable hard drive (or flash drive if your files will fit) and then copy them to the PS3 slim. There is a back up/restore function on the XMB that makes this process easy.

Also note that you won't be able to play PS2 games just by transferring HD's, just in case you were getting at that.

Thanks for the response, I don't care about the HD space for now, I just need to switch the HD b/c Im selling it tomm. but I want to make sure I dont lose any my psn games or my5 profiles, I dont care about BC.

I think you will lose your Burnout save data, I tried before to bring mine up to my other PS3 and it dosent load. Some saves may be linked to your system I think. Rockband gave me a problem as well.

I dont have RB and Ive played an 1hr or 2 of burnout, I just want to make sure I dont lose my psn games and my profiles.

yeah you'll fine. Just deactivate your profiles and backup your data first. Can't just switch/swap harddrives and everythn\ing works fine.

it's easy. check the unofficial upgrade you ps3 hdd on here for more info. i'm typing with my dualshock so i can't explain it all

bread's done
Back