PS3's Official 7.1 Headsets Are Brilliant...

thefjk

CAGiversary!
They work on my PS3 and PC (flawlessly) they sound good and look slick and have futuristic controls yo... I ordered mine from Play-Asia, I recommend anyone who had doubts in the UK, or wherever to get em yo! :D

IMAG0076.jpg

Aren't these like $100?:roll: If you're gonna pay THAT much for a frickin' headset, you might as well spend the additional $100+ and just get a surround sound system for your house instead.

I had them and and returned them. They don't feedback any audio from the mic back through to the headset so you never have any idea of how loud you're talking/yelling during an online match.

They were nice, but for me, that was a dealbreaker.

[quote name='austenwithane']I had them and and returned them. They don't feedback any audio from the mic back through to the headset so you never have any idea of how loud you're talking/yelling during an online match.

They were nice, but for me, that was a dealbreaker.[/QUOTE]Sure they do. There is a slider to adjust the mic sound/game sound ratio

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Aren't these like $100?:roll: If you're gonna pay THAT much for a frickin' headset, you might as well spend the additional $100+ and just get a surround sound system for your house instead.[/QUOTE]I picked these up at $69.99 from Kmart but just to put things into context, a decent entry level receiver is $150 and Andrew Jones line of Pioneer budget speakers(two floorstanding, center and two bookshelfs) came out to $290 + tax. My OS3 Sats I had previous cost $250 each on average. You can cheap out on the Surrounds but good speakers should be used in the fronts and center.

[quote name='austenwithane']I had them and and returned them. They don't feedback any audio from the mic back through to the headset so you never have any idea of how loud you're talking/yelling during an online match.

They were nice, but for me, that was a dealbreaker.[/QUOTE]If you went into Accessory Settings and Audio Devices, like you do with every other bluetooth headset, you can get the audio feedback but the microphone volume is limited at 3 and unadjustable.

[quote name='orangecrush']Sure they do. There is a slider to adjust the mic sound/game sound ratio[/QUOTE]
The slider just adjusts the headphone receiving volume, not the mic volume.

"Futuristic controls"? lol does that mean I can control them through telepathy?! Because that's what I consider futuristic controls ;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Aren't these like $100?:roll: If you're gonna pay THAT much for a frickin' headset, you might as well spend the additional $100+ and just get a surround sound system for your house instead.[/QUOTE]

Kinda missing the point tho, I need to be able to play silently, can't just have speakers all over my room. Yeah it's pricey but the sound you get is decent I think!

[quote name='Mad39er']I picked these up at $69.99 from Kmart but just to put things into context, a decent entry level receiver is $150 and Andrew Jones line of Pioneer budget speakers(two floorstanding, center and two bookshelfs) came out to $290 + tax. My OS3 Sats I had previous cost $250 each on average. You can cheap out on the Surrounds but good speakers should be used in the fronts and center.[/QUOTE]
I still use ONLY the speakers from my tv(or rather PC monitor) that I'm using for my PS3 for sound. I'm too cheap to pay $300 for a glorified 'sound box' and some speakers to make it sound better, which is why I only paid around $10 for my USB headset I use on the PS3.:razz:
[quote name='thefjk']Kinda missing the point tho, I need to be able to play silently, can't just have speakers all over my room. Yeah it's pricey but the sound you get is decent I think![/QUOTE]
The sound better be decent for $100 imo. But yeah, if you need to play silently then I can completely understand that, though I'm sure there are well qualified options that're cheaper.:)

I dont know Cheapest. When I set the audio device and did the test, I could hear the voice feedback, but when you get out of the test screen under accessory settings, you no longer hear it. I thought maybe mine were broken, but a bunch of research online turned up the same thing from quite a few other people...

[quote name='thefjk']Kinda missing the point tho, I need to be able to play silently, can't just have speakers all over my room. Yeah it's pricey but the sound you get is decent I think![/QUOTE]

Agreed. Over the weekend when a buddy of mine were housesitting and playing skyrim, it was nice to have these so we didn't have to hear each other's games. I typically play with my TV connected to surround sound, but sometimes that just isn't feasible. I picked these up with the $65 amazon pre-order and haven't regretted it. Much more user-friendly than my turtle beach PX21s, and with a lot less cords...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I still use ONLY the speakers from my tv(or rather PC monitor) that I'm using for my PS3 for sound. I'm too cheap to pay $300 for a glorified 'sound box' and some speakers to make it sound better, which is why I only paid around $10 for my USB headset I use on the PS3.:razz:[/QUOTE] For someone who does not competitively game or make use of surround sound, yes, you would consider that a glorified sound box. More games now are making use of surround sound and those that make use of it will have an edge over those who don't. Even using my TV with "simulated" surround sound was only about 50%. I play in the top 1% of the MW3 PS3 leaderboards, I don't know if I'd be able to retain that edge all the time without it.

Even the Sony headset is simulated but various people reported better results with simulated vs the multispeaker set up that the Tritons have for example.

Love my set as well. My kid goes to bed at 8:00, so the 7.1 surround system needs to sleep as well. These reproduce the surround experience excellently. Sure... could use a bit more on the low end, but that's a very picky statement coming from somewhat of an audiophile.

[quote name='monash65']Does this work with blu rays too or just games?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe the 7.1 surround sound works with blu-ray movies but they still sound great.

I still haven't open mines yet... Bought it from K-mart along with BF3. I game in the basement, so sound issue is not a problem, but online does bother other people since I use the Eye's mic at the moment.

I ended up getting this for $75 essentially with Uncharted 3 at Best Buy a few weeks back and it is great. I mainly play at night so it is a nice way to have big sound without waking anyone else up. They sound a lot better than low volume tv speakers that's for sure. They are very comfortable actually too.

bread's done
Back