PS4 jaggy/ghosty lines in gameplay, why it does that?

OrganicTissue77

CAGiversary!
Now I was wondering because, I'm been seeing glossy/jaggy lines in places where there is bright lights, shadows, and metals on the game. Pretty much all my ps4 games. I'm using 47inch HDTV by VIZIO about 2 years old. I even seen this on my ps3 also in games. Kinda bugging me out, thinking my console or something. At first I didn't see them on ps4, now slowly showing. Wondering could it be, software, tv, or even console. Visual is really nice, just some places show those things above. Not sure it's just me, but I want all visual be perfect smooth. Know what I mean. I even switch hdtvs same thing, another cheap hdtv. I tried Knack on remote play on vita, still seen some jaggy line in gameplay. So does that mean games are meant to have jaggy/ghosty line?

So what you guys think, is it game software, console, or HDTV? Do I need high end LED or Plasma's for these to go away?

Its a matter of how many anti-aliasing is being run and done. On the ps3 there was limited ressources thats why a ton of games have it. Now on the ps4 with all the processing power it will be easy to erase them all but it will probably take a bit of time to code it in and to find the best ways to do it. 

First time I connected my PS4 to my Sony Bravia, I had very jagged text and the white boxes outlining the text boxes (like the sign in option box) was not complete. Quik Google search & found other players having the same issue. The solution was updating the TV with the most recent firmware. After doing that via USB, looks perfect.

Might not be your same issue, but it wouldn't hurt trying to update your TV. I didnt even know I could've updated my TV software lol. Thought that was for internet connected TV's like those smart tv's.

Goodluck

pretty sure its the tv. Vizios tend to have an over-saturated over-sharpened image. Run a calibration disk or something on your TV and adjust the sharpness, brightness, all that jazz. I had an old Vizio and i think i had the sharpness at 0 or 1

bread's done
Back