(PS4) Metal Gear Ground Zero - 34.99$ instead of $44.99 on amazon.ca

People know this is a demo with only 2-3 hours of content, right?

Don't support this shit. It should be free , or the very least like Dead Rising 2 Case Zero which was only a few bucks.

And I bought MGS 2 & 3 like 5 times each.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't support this shit. It should be free , or the very least like Dead Rising 2 Case Zero which was only a few bucks.

Do you really think anyone who gets Phantom Pain is actually going to SKIP Ground Zeroes?

Also, have YOU ever created a high production value game before? There's probably a year's worth of work went into that "demo" as you call it.

I'm sorry, man, but this whole uproar over Game Informer's quick playthrough of Ground Zeroes so far is stupid. Calling it a demo, this gen's GT5 Prologue, citing only one publication's experience of it, making comparisons of it to anything they can think of, eg. Dead Rising 2's Case Zero. So on and so on, ad nauseam. It's senseless.

• Suggesting it's a demo would imply that it's playable in The Phantom Pain. It's not.
  • Saying it's "short" suggests that quality and personal preference is irrelevant. To whom?
Don't support what then, Metal Gear Solid? How many people here willingly bought collector's editions of absolute garbage titles, like Lightning Returns, on day one that ultimately supports garbage trends that trivialize the medium.

Ground Zeroes is available on PS3 and 360 for $20, digitally, if you don't want to pay $15 more for a hard copy on PS4 and XB1.

Should Kojima and Konami have developed this for free? Fück no; how stupid/self-entitled are you, exactly? Should Konami have had price parity with all versions of the game from the start? They damn well should have.

I'm sorry, man, but this whole uproar over Game Informer's quick playthrough of Ground Zeroes so far is stupid. Calling it a demo, this gen's GT5 Prologue, citing only one publication's experience of it, making comparisons of it to anything they can think of, eg. Dead Rising 2's Case Zero. So on and so on, ad nauseam. It's senseless.

• Suggesting it's a demo would imply that it's playable in The Phantom Pain. It's not.
  • Saying it's "short" suggests that quality and personal preference is irrelevant. To whom?
Don't support what then, Metal Gear Solid? How many people here willingly bought collector's editions of absolute garbage titles, like Lightning Returns, on day one that ultimately supports garbage trends that trivialize the medium.

Ground Zeroes is available on PS3 and 360 for $20, digitally, if you don't want to pay $15 more for a hard copy on PS4 and XB1.

Should Kojima and Konami have developed this for free? Fück no; how stupid/self-entitled are you, exactly? Should Konami have had price parity with all versions of the game from the start? They damn well should have.
Damn, you actually defend this sort of business practice?

I guess if anything it proves that like Nintendo and Sega fans, MGS fans will gladly bend over and take one for the team (and even defend it). I like Nintendo, Sega, and MGS games, but I hate their fanbase. If I cared, I'd be embarrassed to share the same hobby. I can't be enjoying these games for the same reasons as these people (or at least I'd hope not).

You're right it shouldn't be compared to DR2 Case Zero because that was an amazing value, regardless of anyone's opinion of the game. I got GT5 Prologue for free with a Dual Shock 3 (think it was a FS/BB in store deal), but wasn't it only $20 at launch? Even the MGS 2 demo came with Zone of Enders (it wasn't the other way around either).

This is a disgusting buisness practice, and I hope it bombs to teach the industry a leason so this type of bullshit doesn't catch on. But people already buy full games than pay another 40-60 bucks for season passes, so I guess one is born every minute, and the trend of getting less value for more money will continue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excited for this game! Been a ling time since i played metal gear. This will surely be something il probably pkay over and over til phantom pain

Damn, you actually defend this sort of business practice?

I guess if anything it proves that like Nintendo and Sega fans, MGS fans will gladly bend over and take one for the team (and even defend it). I like Nintendo, Sega, and MGS games, but I hate their fanbase. If I cared, I'd be embarrassed to share the same hobby. I can't be enjoying these games for the same reasons as these people (or at least I'd hope not).

You're right it shouldn't be compared to DR2 Case Zero because that was an amazing value, regardless of anyone's opinion of the game. I got GT5 Prologue for free with a Dual Shock 3 (think it was a FS/BB in store deal), but wasn't it only $20 at launch? Even the MGS 2 demo came with Zone of Enders (it wasn't the other way around either).

This is a disgusting buisness practice, and I hope it bombs to teach the industry a leason so this type of bullshit doesn't catch on. But people already buy full games than pay another 40-60 bucks for season passes, so I guess one is born every minute, and the trend of getting less value for more money will continue.
Hey, man, you're gonna have to explain to me what you mean by "this sort of business practice", because I don't know what you have against what is essentially just another game being sold like any other before it. Tell me what's wrong with Ground Zeroes.

Hey, man, you're gonna have to explain to me what you mean by "this sort of business practice", because I don't know what you have against what is essentially just another game being sold like any other before it. Tell me what's wrong with Ground Zeroes.
Really?

It would be like them releasing the tanker and Raiden sections of MGS2 separately. Or Capcom selling DR2 Case Zero for $20 +.

It's just a new way to be gouged (I wouldn't have a problem if was episodic content) but I doubt this thing would fly for ANY other game or franchise, maybe Pokemon.

Obviously the "games" length was a major issue when the price was dropped after internet backlash, so you can quit white knight defending being gouged.

bread's done
Back