PS4 Must Have Games

SpartanSniper83

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hi everyone I just picked up a a new PS4 and was wondering if you know of any PS4 games that I must have. Preferably PS4 exclusive ones. Already own the nathain drake collection and kingdom hearts 1.5 and 2.5 and already planning on the newest God of War and already own Far Cry 5 on the Xbox One. Thanks for your help

Last edited by a moderator:
horizonn zero dawn
I know I'm probably in the minority here but... Horizon ZD was probably my GotY for 2017. I played Breath of the Wild and SM Galaxy (which was my runner up), neither one captured my attention like HZD. I'd get the HZD Complete Edition if you can, bc the Frozen Wilds DLC is also fantastic.

Another I really liked not yet mentioned was Nier Automata, but it might not be for everyone.

Also, since you just got a PS4, I'd suggest getting PS Plus. Beyond needing it to play online (not sure if you game online or not) but the free games lately have been pretty dope. Here's a listing of 2018's games so far- you can't get the free games from previous months unfortunately, but they've been strong so far this year:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/04/guide_all_free_ps_plus_games_in_2018

I know I'm probably in the minority here but... Horizon ZD was probably my GotY for 2017.
Mine too, but I'd even go beyond that to say it's my favorite game of the entire current console generation. And that's coming from someone who typically games on Xbox. I can't recommend HZD enough.

I'd follow this list from Kotaku of the top 12 Best PS4 games as a starter. At the very bottom from oldest to newest at the top.

https://kotaku.com/the-12-best-games-for-the-playstation-4-1500350643

Besides Gravity Rush 2, I haven't played them yet and this all depends on your tastes so I suggest you watch gameplay footage, play the demoes if there are any and check reviews before buying but if you want the very best games on ps4 I'd suggest in no particular order:

Nier Automata

Bloodborne

Gravity Rush 1 and 2

Nioh

Until Dawn

Persona 5

Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, and 6

Horizon Zero Dawn

Kiwami and Kiwami 2 are remakes of older ps2 and ps3 games. Both those games received critical acclaim when they came out. Kiwami 2 doesn't come out until August.

I mostly suggested PS4 exclusive games being I figured you would have already gotten the other good games on xbox.

Hi everyone I just picked up a a new PS4 and was wondering if you know of any PS4 games that I must have. Preferably PS4 exclusive ones. Already own the nathain drake collection and kingdom hearts 1.5 and 2.5 and already planning on the newest God of War and already own Far Cry 5 on the Xbox One. Thanks for your help
Not exclusive but I'd easily recommend the two Tomb Raider games - both of which are the definitive editions on PS4.

Would also recommend the two Infamous games - Second Son and First Light.

And lastly, it got panned, but the Order 1886 is still a visual delight at a budget price.

bread's done
Back