PS4 - Persona 5 19.99/15.99 GCU Bestbuy.com

Probably dropping price to clear stock ahead of a new version. They’re announcing something P5 related in March. Probably joker in smash release date along with a P5 with new stuff for PS4 and switch

In a perfect world it would P3 and P4 on modern consoles

No luck at my Best Buy but I passed by a Walmart that had the steelbook version still; rang up for $20 despite still being shelf-tagged for $60. Another store had standard copies for $20 with a "rollback" sticker so I'm guessing bonesawisready is right about it being a universal price drop and its making its way across retailers.  

No luck at my Best Buy but I passed by a Walmart that had the steelbook version still; rang up for $20 despite still being shelf-tagged for $60. Another store had standard copies for $20 with a "rollback" sticker so I'm guessing bonesawisready is right about it being a universal price drop and its making its way across retailers.
I thought the Steelbook was Target exclusive, that's weird.

I thought the Steelbook was Target exclusive, that's weird.
No, it was a first-print launch exclusive.

Again, PS 5R --> VR. PS4 version will probably come with some exclusive PSVR component, thus the PS4 logo appearing in the teaser. Makes a lot of sense and it's a clever play on the number.

As for the Switch version, obviously wouldn't include that.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s crazy how your Walmart still had one of the steelbook edition. Lucky

No, it was a first-print launch exclusive.

Again, PS 5R --> VR. PS4 version will probably come with some exclusive PSVR component, thus the PS4 logo appearing in the teaser. Makes a lot of sense and it's a clever play on the number.

As for the Switch version, obviously wouldn't include that.
This would be fantastic. Hopefully it gets a bit more utility than it had in the dancing games that just came out, but I guess that probably gives even more weight to your point that they used the P3D/P5D as proof of concept for P5R. Roman numeral for 5 is V.... Persona 5(V)R

Last edited by a moderator:
sold out already, damn. good thing this is a permanent price drop. it'll always be this price! until they stop printing copies of course.
Atlus kept Persona 4 and the 2 SMT Digital Devil Saga games in print for years, well into the PS4 era even. And they are still available new for under MSRP online. I don't think Persona 5 is ever going to go out of print, unless we get a new edition for PS4 like FES.

Heard this game is awesome.  

Okay to jump in if I've never played a Persona game before?  

(I actually think I played the PS1 Persona and maybe tried Persona 3 before.)

You've heard correctly. Jump right in - there's no direct plot connections to previous games.

I own P4G on vita and the steelbook P5. Never played either. Bought them as I loved JRPGs for decades, heard the highest praise for the games. What holds me back is reading how daunting and long they are. Which also concerns me having me think there's a high learning curve.

I own P4G on vita and the steelbook P5. Never played either. Bought them as I loved JRPGs for decades, heard the highest praise for the games. What holds me back is reading how daunting and long they are. Which also concerns me having me think there's a high learning curve.
They're long, but they're about average compared to other JRPGs. There's not much of a learning curve either. The gameplay is very easy to pick up. The only part of the games that might get some getting used to is the time/calendar system. You might even be tempted to restart the game because you "wasted" a couple of days getting used to it, but the first few hours of the game are pretty much impossible to fuck up because they're purposely there for you to get acclimated to the game's structure.

Tempted but I went to Far Cry 5 for $15 instead because I was in the mood for more of a mindless shooter. Could buy this now but knowing it's a Price Drop makes it easier to wait. Plus still playing RE2 and Kingdom Hearts 3. And damn their both so good.

I hear you on that. I own several JRPGS going back to the PS1 that I'll probably never be able to play through.

The longest game I've played in recent times is AC Odyssey and that took me 55 hours in over 3 months. It felt a little too long in that time, not to mention I still have another major quest line to do.

The last JRPG I beat was Lunar 2 Complete on PS1 and that was when it was new haha.

Gamestop has it preowned at $18.99, after all my discounts it came down to $15. I think its worth it, actually gonna be my first Persona!

bread's done
Back