PS4 Pro DEATH STRANDING LE Console $299!

Just received mine today but I'm kinda disappointed that they couldn't even add some proper padding into the packing box so that the PS4 didn't rock around inside. Unfortunately the PS4 box itself has a few dingers, but the console itself is beautiful with that matte/glossy finish so I'm just happy I was able to snag one.
wow, that really sucks. where did you order from? got my playstation direct order today and there was a proper amount of rather thick, heavy machine-compressed brown paper padding the box on the top and sides. i wasn't expecting it since i already read your post and was prepared for the worst, so it was a nice surprise seeing them pack it adequately.

on that note, pretty much everything else was unacceptable about the experience of ordering from PS direct. no updates whatsoever, and "2 day shipping" took a full 8 days to arrive. i know beggars can't be choosers, but getting a good deal shouldn't mean also getting the absolute lowest levels of service. especially when you think you're doing business directly with a company as big as sony (which was not actually the case).

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just talked to two different reps from Sony Rewards, and they both told me the same thing...

They said you cannot just place an order via credit card on the Rewards site. They said it you need to have at least a 500 points Sony Rewards balance to place an order, and then you can pay for the rest of it via card.

It's possible that the people who were getting errors ordering with their card was for this reason, but I really don't know.

Anyways, I'm more than happy with one. If it eventually drops price on Amazon I'll grab another then, but Sony Rewards seems like too much of a hoop to jump through.

So I just talked to two different reps from Sony Rewards, and they both told me the same thing...

They said you cannot just place an order via credit card on the Rewards site. They said it you need to have at least a 500 points Sony Rewards balance to place an order, and then you can pay for the rest of it via card.

It's possible that the people who were getting errors ordering with their card was for this reason, but I really don't know.

Anyways, I'm more than happy with one. If it eventually drops price on Amazon I'll grab another then, but Sony Rewards seems like too much of a hoop to jump through.
Soooo, how in the hell was I able to place my order? I didn't have any points prior to purchasing the bundle. This better not turn into some fiasco where they cancel my order and then refuse to refund my credit card...

Clearly not true lol, I had 0 points and placed an order, paid $324 after taxes.

those people are lucky. they got saved from possibly having their $300+ converted into a points balance

Soooo, how in the hell was I able to place my order? I didn't have any points prior to purchasing the bundle. This better not turn into some fiasco where they cancel my order and then refuse to refund my credit card...
because you technically bought the points and then exchanged them for a product, it's not out of the question that they would do exactly this - refund the points, but not your money. it would be fucked up if they showed the bundle as being in stock when it in fact wasn't, but refunding points in the event of a cancelled order instead of the money used to buy them is probably written in something that you agreed to when you bought the points.

as for why you were able to place the order with 0 existing points while others weren't, it's probably just some bs policy they made up once the orders started flooding in. basically you were just one of the first ones to do it

Just called Sony Rewards and spoke to a rep about my order.

She informed me that the bundle was not only in stock when I placed the order, but that it's STILL in stock. Additionally, she stated that Sony Rewards is very slow when it comes to updates and it could take anywhere from two to four weeks to receive the item, and that you do not need points to actually make a purchase. When you use your credit card on the website, it purchases the required amount of points needed to "purchase" the item and then automatically redeems them. 

She informed me that the bundle was not only in stock when I placed the order, but that it's STILL in stock. Additionally, she stated that Sony Rewards is very slow when it comes to updates and it could take anywhere from two to four weeks to receive the item, and that you do not need points to actually make a purchase. When you use your credit card on the website, it purchases the required amount of points needed to "purchase" the item and then automatically redeems them.
that's quite the long wait, but good news nonetheless. hope you receive it sooner rather than later :bouncy:

weird that other reps are saying something completely different though.

Clearly not true lol, I had 0 points and placed an order, paid $324 after taxes.
those people are lucky. they got saved from possibly having their $300+ converted into a points balance

because you technically bought the points and then exchanged them for a product, it's not out of the question that they would do exactly this - refund the points, but not your money. it would be fucked up if they showed the bundle as being in stock when it in fact wasn't, but refunding points in the event of a cancelled order instead of the money used to buy them is probably written in something that you agreed to when you bought the points.

as for why you were able to place the order with 0 existing points while others weren't, it's probably just some bs policy they made up once the orders started flooding in. basically you were just one of the first ones to do it
Yeah I have no clue to be honest. I told them that it was letting me put all the info in to make a purchase, but she kept insisting that it wouldn't have worked. Of course from my end, I was too scared to actually attempt to place the order because of the whole point refund thing. Gonna give them another call and see if I can get any more info.

Okay, 3rd rep told me the exact same thing, that it wouldn't let you place the order without 500 point balance.  I honestly have no clue at this point.

So if anyone needs/wants a Death Stranding Pro, mine from the Sony Store showed up yesterday.  I had ordered it before I was aware that Best Buy would price match my existing one.  If anyone is wanting one, all I want is what I paid + shipping to your door.  I have 30 days to return it, so hit me up because I would rather pass it on to someone who really wanted one and missed out then ship this thing back to Sony lol

EDIT: Sold

Final phone call to Sony Rewards...

This rep said the exact same thing even though I told her it was letting me do the Cash for Points to redeem the entire value.

Then she put me on hold and said that the bundle is actually UNAVAILABLE and shouldn't even be on the website.

This info is again conflicting to what's being said, but I am done with Sony Rewards, they really don't seem to have their shit together at all.

Final phone call to Sony Rewards...

This rep said the exact same thing even though I told her it was letting me do the Cash for Points to redeem the entire value.

Then she put me on hold and said that the bundle is actually UNAVAILABLE and shouldn't even be on the website.

This info is again conflicting to what's being said, but I am done with Sony Rewards, they really don't seem to have their shit together at all.
Wow, this is insane. How are we all getting such conflicting answers? If I don't get an update by Saturday, I'm calling back again to ask for any information they can provide me with.

Okay, 3rd rep told me the exact same thing, that it wouldn't let you place the order without 500 point balance. I honestly have no clue at this point.
Not at all true, as i had zero points and was able to place my order with my credit card alone. I hope i was tricked into purchases $326 bucks worth of points.

I have yet to receive shipping confirmation, my order was also placed on the 30th at noon 12:01 pm

Not at all true, as i had zero points and was able to place my order with my credit card alone. I hope i was tricked into purchases $326 bucks worth of points.

I have yet to receive shipping confirmation, my order was also placed on the 30th at noon 12:01 pm
I'm not sure what day I purchased that item but sometime around that same point, mine shows in process/progress one of those two at this point. On other good news even though I haven't received shipping confirmation from Sony Direct (Who thought it'd be a great idea to have multiple companies act as if they are Sony when they really aren't is something I'd like to know about who made that decision) with the 20% off coupon for cancelling the DS console - the replacement order (PS4 with 3 games included for $199.99) appears to have actually shipped judging by the information I got from fedex.

So fingers crossed this place will ship theirs out quickly as well!

I offered my new extra one from the Sony store up above for what I paid ($299.99 + tax) + shipping and nobody even messaged me lol
I absolutely would buy it from you so I can return the $399 one I bought from Amazon. I'm just waiting to see if my order here ships or not.

I absolutely would buy it from you so I can return the $399 one I bought from Amazon. I'm just waiting to see if my order here ships or not.
It already sold sadly lol

I had it cross posted on eBay and I think a single dad bought it for his son so it worked out. I didn't lose any money on it.

I've got a spare one available at $399 if anyone missed out entirely. It sounds like Sony takes multiple business days to get back to people, so it'll take me some time to get it returned haha.

Update everyone, got my playstation direct bundle. Luckily the FedEx dude took my paper note taped to the door with signature.

Bundle is doing great.

Only downside ... the directions said lock the shed once you put it in there.

FedEx dude DIDN'T lock the shed ... come on man.

If anyone wants only the console,  without the controller.  I'll sell one for 300 +shipping (~9 dollars shipping).

Only downside ... the directions said lock the shed once you put it in there.

FedEx dude DIDN'T lock the shed ... come on man.
I have a storage bin outside my house that has a big sign on it that reads "Please leave packages in here, thank you!".

Majority of the time they do leave my packages in it, sometimes they leave it right under the sign despite nothing being in the bin. I just chalk it up to they are in a hurry and aren't paid to follow my directions for delivery at the door.

I offered my new extra one from the Sony store up above for what I paid ($299.99 + tax) + shipping and nobody even messaged me lol
I’d love it. Is it still available :) my current order has been in progress since saturday. I’m not sure whats going on.

Sony rewards canceled my order. But looks like money was refunded to my credit card and I don't show having reward points showing in my account. At least that part worked out.

Sony rewards canceled my order. But looks like money was refunded to my credit card and I don't show having reward points showing in my account. At least that part worked out.
Same. Just such bullshit. I was like #80 to redeem and yet they mysteriously have none. Glad I grabbed one for $399 from Amazon so I wasn't left completely in the cold.

Weird. Mine hasn’t been cancelled yet. I’m waiting for it to do something still. No shipping or cancelation. I will say I did use points though.

The dude who bought my console still hasn't paid for it.  So if you are looking for one, keep an eye on this thread and I will post if it is up for grabs.  All I want is what I paid + shipping.  So $299 + tax + shipping that is IF he backs out.

That sucks that they're canceling orders...What's ridiculous is that the bundle is STILL on the Sony Rewards stock and showing as in stock...

When I spoke to one of the reps a few days ago, she said the bundle shouldn't have been up since it was out of stock, and that they have been "working to get it taken down"...This was days ago lol

Money was refunded yet my order still shows in progess !!

I think i will call tomorrow and request that they resubmit my order lol being that the item is clearly still available online !!

Sony needs to get their shit together. Another goddamn order of mine has been canceled...
Right? And while I know they aren't *technically* sony. Having this limited edition game consoles that's basically gone everywhere but one store now get cancelled by TWO different Sony Affiliates (Direct and Rewards) is baffling and inexcusable. I don't even understand how they are legally allowed to display the Sony logos and everything else on their site if they are separate from Sony.

I just got an email from Playstation Direct apologizing for the delay and telling me my order should ship within the next five business days. I'm guessing my order is still canceled, but what a cluster **** this is.

Gonna bump and ask one more time before I ship this console back.  The buyer who purchased it through eBay never paid me, and my unpaid claim against him will close today around 8:44am PST.  I have one potential CAG'er interested, but I am gonna throw the offer out here one more time.  If anyone wants mine, all I want is what I paid + shipping.  If nobody PM's me, it goes back to Sony.  Trying to help out anyone who missed the boat on this.

EDIT: And yes it is the $299 + tax + shipping price.

Gonna bump and ask one more time before I ship this console back. The buyer who purchased it through eBay never paid me, and my unpaid claim against him will close today around 8:44am PST. I have one potential CAG'er interested, but I am gonna throw the offer out here one more time. If anyone wants mine, all I want is what I paid + shipping. If nobody PM's me, it goes back to Sony. Trying to help out anyone who missed the boat on this.

EDIT: And yes it is the $299 + tax + shipping price.
What would the price be to ship to Michigan?

bread's done
Back