PS9 advertisement

sunbound

CAGiversary!
Anyone else remember this advertisement?

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1136012400/Playstation_9_Commercial

I remember when I first saw this commercial on TV, and my initial reaction was like WOW... I didn’t remember when this advertisement aired on TV, but I do remember I was quite a bit younger, and it was easier to convince me that great graphics = great game. (I was stupid then and prolly dropping acid at the time, and dropping and playing games definitely changes you opinion on any game)

Anyways, I started thinking... if Sony continues with the playstation console line, and if this is how the next gaming revolution comes to be (really far out there, i know), taking into consideration the complaints with the PS3 console... my mind has been swimming with possible problems with the PS9.

"Lung cancer caused by inhaling Sony's gaming spores"
"viruses easily carried from console to human, exclusively by gaming console"

I don’t know... Just curious what people’s new reactions to this old commercial are, in respect to the recent console launches?

Yep, I remember those PS9 commericals, even though nobody else does and they always think I'm crazy when I mention them.

That pissed me off so much back in the day. I was a Sega fanboy and people were ignoring the Dreamcast which had a plethora of great games at the time for the PS2 and Tekken Tag Tournament and Fantavision.

[quote name='furyk']That pissed me off so much back in the day. I was a Sega fanboy and people were ignoring the Dreamcast which had a plethora of great games at the time for the PS2 and Tekken Tag Tournament and Fantavision.[/QUOTE]

The Dreamcast was a great system with many great games, but you picked the wrong PS2 launch titles to complain about. TTT was a very competent conversion of an popular arcade title, and Fantavision does what it does weirdly, but well.

[quote name='furyk']I like Fantavision too, but TTT is a slightly better port of Tekken 3. It wasn't anything special.[/QUOTE]

Actually it was pretty much Tekken Trilogy - as it was just every Tekken character ever made (at the time) thrown into one giant fighting game. It was good, but shallow.

I remember TTT, I used to play that all the time with my friends, that was pretty much the only good release game there was. I did enjoy the Kessen games and Fantavision was really a showcase demo that I hope nobody bought.

Two things:

1.) I definitely remember this commercial. I can't wait for the Ridge Racer eye droplets!

2.) People were already writing off the Dreamcast over a year before the PS2. They just knew Sony had a console coming out, and it was going to be mind-bogglingly awesome, and they were just going to wait for, as Luke Smith put it, "one-a them Play-urr-Stay-shuns".

yeah i remember those commercials, and i dont think i could play games like that because id probably have a heart attack or start shitting myself far more than i do now.

bread's done
Back