PSA: 5% Cashback @ Amazon for Discover IT cardholders starts next week.

Gabrius

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Starting July 1st, all Amazon purchases will net you 5% cashback for the rest of the year.

If you're not already a cardholder, they also offer a 100% cashback match for all 1st year purchases, basically making this a 10% cashback deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the best card out there. The holiday quarter rewards are usually 5% back on online purchases as well (including Amazon). Also $50 for free if you sign up with a referal and make a purchase in 3 months.

Starting July 1st, all Amazon purchases will net you 5% cashback for the rest of the year.

If you're not a cardholder, they also offer a 100% cashback match for all 1st year purchases, basically making this a 10% cashback deal.
What does that mean? How do you get 10% with no card?

Even though I don't get the double cash back since I've had the card 2+ years, I still get close to 150 in cash back from July-December using the card for online purchases. Helps me save a bit for the holidays.

Why is this better than Chase Freedom? (sincere question)
Discover Deals has better cashback on certain stores, like 5% (and sometimes 10%) on Groupon. Their reward has many gift card offers like $20 points for $25 card or $45/$50. Chase Freedom most can redeem 1 to 1 which I'd rather get cash. And the old thing, you can get cash back using Discover Card at grocery store if you don't want to use ATM

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this extends to all Discover cards.  My Discover card is old as shit before the IT card was a thing and I have the option to sign up for the 5% Amazon cashback.  Unless all Discover cards are IT cards and I didn't know it, which might be the case.

Why is this better than Chase Freedom? (sincere question)
I opened this card to get a free monthly credit score and IIRC I got an Amazon credit as an additional promotion.

On a side note, my FICO score is 780 now.... much better than the 315 I was dealing with about 10 years ago lolol

I think this extends to all Discover cards. My Discover card is old as shit before the IT card was a thing and I have the option to sign up for the 5% Amazon cashback. Unless all Discover cards are IT cards and I didn't know it, which might be the case.
They should have sent a NEW IT card to replace the old one 2 or 3 years back, so any NEW card should be IT one, though I asked them to send me IT to take the better benefit not waiting for them to convert. The only difference I know is the IT has 1% cashback on all purchase while the old one had a tier structure, the first $1000 (or more) of the year only get 0.1% and 1% after.

Yeah hopefully this extends to all Discover cards.

They old cards were called the Discover More card, I believe, which I have.

I also have an IT card, but I only opened that one for some Spend X to get Y back promo, but never used it since.  Attempted to cancel it since I just use the More card, but the Rep told me just to keep it open.

Pm me if you need a Discover referral :).

It's handy to have both the Discover and Chase freedom credit card, because their bonus cashback categories often don't overlap

They should have sent a NEW IT card to replace the old one 2 or 3 years back, so any NEW card should be IT one, though I asked them to send me IT to take the better benefit not waiting for them to convert. The only difference I know is the IT has 1% cashback on all purchase while the old one had a tier structure, the first $1000 (or more) of the year only get 0.1% and 1% after.
Thanks for the info. I actually thought the difference was that the old card got 0.25% back at discount stores (WalMart, Sam's Club, etc) and the new one got 1% on everything. Maybe I just never hit that $1000 cap, which would make sense because I switched to the Amazon card. I'm not sure I ever received any new IT card though. I still have the one where I got to choose a bald eagle for the background.

Pm me if you need a Discover referral :).
It's handy to have both the Discover and Chase freedom credit card, because their bonus cashback categories often don't overlap
Pretty sure referrals are not allowed here. Plus it only benefits you, not the signup person.

bread's done
Back