PSA GameStop is changing its pre-order refund policy

Mishimaryu

Banned
If you want to get your money back for a pre-order you’ve placed, you’ll have 30 days after the launch of the game to get a full cash refund. After 30 days, you’ll get store credit.

https://youtu.be/pBcYEBTggVU

Last edited by a moderator:
Today for the first time I pre-ordered something through the app for in store pickup. I don't know how long this has been an option. Here is the email I got:

I added the bold there to emphasize the $5 charge. WTF
Moral of the story - Don't ask them to ship something for you if you don't want to pay for that shipping.

Yes but this is a preorder. That's the part that gets me.
You're still requesting that they ship something to the store for you - It's being purchased online/via app, so it may not be counted in that location's allotted inventory.

Preorder in store - Your purchase is part of that store's inventory.

Preorder online - Your purchase is part of the .com inventory, and .com is shipping it to the store for you to pickup instead of to your home.

You're still requesting that they ship something to the store for you - It's being purchased online/via app, so it may not be counted in that location's allotted inventory.

Preorder in store - Your purchase is part of that store's inventory.

Preorder online - Your purchase is part of the .com inventory, and .com is shipping it to the store for you to pickup instead of to your home.
I guess it can be whatever it wants to be. I just won't be doing this again.

It didn't tell you that at the time of order? +1 to the shady garbage that gs always pulls for that if so.
It did not. I used the app to do a hold for pickup a preorder at my local store, and then I got the email saying I would be charged $5 for not picking up in 48 hours. I didn't know I was agreeing to that, and I'm not sure I did agree to it.

Edit: now I'm just waiting for somebody to post a YouTube video bashing GameStop for this practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know though that never has been a problem for me as I usually pick up my pre-orders.

As far as to those asking why people pre-order, one of the reasons I do is for niche games that have limited print runs. There Katamari Damacy: ReRoll is a good example. I didn't pre-order it since it was released during December and I had other expenses. I figured I would just grab it in January once my bank account had recovered a bit. I went to purchase it a couple of weeks ago and it was sold out on Gamestops website and it was going for double retail price on Ebay. Thankfully Gamestop had another run pop up a week later but there are several smaller games that would not have happened. If your into physical games that are niche you are better off pre-ordering.
so true like this this game im glad i preorded the liar princess and the blind prince cuz on gamestops's reddit someone said the company didnt order a lot of them

bread's done
Back