(PSN) Blue Toad Murder Files Episode One - $1.49, "Box Set" $26.99

Tgebbs

CAGiversary!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/22/try-blue-toad-murder-files-for-just-1-49/

That's pretty cheap for the first episode, might have to try it out. Not sure about the Box set, especially when Sam and Max s3 and the Tales of Monkey Island games are also on deals for the duration of June.

EDIT: Also note that "And for those of you that want to try out just one episode before you buy the full season, we’ve put Episode 1 into the sale at $1.49. If you like what you uncover, we’ll take the sale price off the Box Set (reduced to $25.49) – after all you don’t want to pay twice for something!"

Pretty nice of them. No reason not to try out the first episode before you buy.

[quote name='Tgebbs']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/22/try-blue-toad-murder-files-for-just-1-49/

That's pretty cheap for the first episode, might have to try it out. Not sure about the Box set, especially when Sam and Max s3 and the Tales of Monkey Island games are also on deals for the duration of June.

EDIT: Also note that "And for those of you that want to try out just one episode before you buy the full season, we’ve put Episode 1 into the sale at $1.49. If you like what you uncover, we’ll take the sale price off the Box Set (reduced to $25.49) – after all you don’t want to pay twice for something!"

Pretty nice of them. No reason not to try out the first episode before you buy.[/QUOTE]

I'm really enjoying this title, having bought it last month. It's a fun, well-executed adventure game, and a welcome respite from the twitch titles that seem to bombard us. Well worth the $1.49 for EpI. :applause:

I know its only 1.49, but I am a CAG and this has gotten some pretty bad reviews....has anyone played it and found it to be enjoyable? Is it similar to Professor Layton?

I can confirm that it's updated in the NA PSN Store currently.

It's also worth mentioning, that if you purchase the first episode separately, then decide to buy the box collection, there's a specific box collection that's listed as episode 2-6, buying the box collection of episodes 1-6 would not give the $1.49 discount that's advertised. The episodes 2-6 box collection is listed correctly as 25.49 though.

picked up episode 1 on amazon for $1.50. Much easier than buying it on the psn due to the fact you have to put at least $5 into the wallet

[quote name='finsfan0210']picked up episode 1 on amazon for $1.50. Much easier than buying it on the psn due to the fact you have to put at least $5 into the wallet[/QUOTE]
?!?! Never knew there was a minimum?

[quote name='finsfan0210']picked up episode 1 on amazon for $1.50. Much easier than buying it on the psn due to the fact you have to put at least $5 into the wallet[/QUOTE]

nice catch, I'll probably do the same

[quote name='shadowkast']?!?! Never knew there was a minimum?[/QUOTE]
Yes the minimum amount that can be added is $5.00. Any item over $5 you can choose to add the exact amount of the item, or one of the pre-defined increments.

If you are buying multiple sub-$5 items that total more than $5 you can add them to your shopping cart and check out all at once, so that you can add only the exact amount necessary.

Personally, I use prepaid PSN cards, though, for 3 important reasons:
1) You can buy prepaid cards at Best Buy without being charged sales tax.
2) You can use the monthly-ish 10% off coupons that you get in the mail on Prepaid Cards, good on up to 3 items at once.
3) Prepaid Cards count towards your Gamer Zone "Spend $150 to get $10 back" purchase totals.

Thus, you could, with one coupon, buy 3x$50 PSN cards, spending only $135 out of pocket, avoid paying sales tax, plus immediately earn a $10 Reward Zone coupon. Even if you spend less than this, you're still getting over 10% discount on all downloadable games, and earning just as much rewards back on all your downloadable content as if you had bought retail games. :D

[quote name='gamerdogbert']Yes the minimum amount that can be added is $5.00. Any item over $5 you can choose to add the exact amount of the item, or one of the pre-defined increments.

If you are buying multiple sub-$5 items that total more than $5 you can add them to your shopping cart and check out all at once, so that you can add only the exact amount necessary.

2) You can use the monthly-ish 10% off coupons that you get in the mail on Prepaid Cards, good on up to 3 items at once.
3) Prepaid Cards count towards your Gamer Zone "Spend $150 to get $10 back" purchase totals.

Thus, you could, with one coupon, buy 3x$50 PSN cards, spending only $135 out of pocket, avoid paying sales tax, plus immediately earn a $10 Reward Zone coupon. Even if you spend less than this, you're still getting over 10% discount on all downloadable games, and earning just as much rewards back on all your downloadable content as if you had bought retail games. :D[/QUOTE]

Where do you sign up to get the 10% coupons in the mail?

[quote name='Rollobobo']I know its only 1.49, but I am a CAG and this has gotten some pretty bad reviews....has anyone played it and found it to be enjoyable? Is it similar to Professor Layton?[/QUOTE]

The reviews complained that game was overpriced at $7.50, as it's only about an hour long. If it had been $1.50 to begin with, it probably would have scored higher.

i do the exact same thing with $50 psn cards at bestbuy at 10% off. That way I always have my psn wallet loaded and i view everything as always being 10% off ;) so im like tales of monkey island is 20, but for me its 18, and it works out that i buy more stuff, lol.

Sounds like a good deal to try at $1.50. My wife would like playing it I think. And thanks for the ideas about buying the prepaid PSN cards at BB using the coups.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']

Thus, you could, with one coupon, buy 3x$50 PSN cards, spending only $135 out of pocket, avoid paying sales tax, plus immediately earn a $10 Reward Zone coupon. Even if you spend less than this, you're still getting over 10% discount on all downloadable games, and earning just as much rewards back on all your downloadable content as if you had bought retail games. :D[/QUOTE]

I think I may have to start doing this. Getting the cards price matched from another retailer that has them on sale would be even extra win.

The main reason I use the cards now is just because I loaded up on a bunch when Target was selling them for $17 (for the $20 cards), and it'd be far to dangerous for me to attach my credit card to my psn account. It's much easier to moderate what you spend when you have to go buy cards.

At any rate, I still haven't picked up this Blue Toad Murder Files deal, I plan to though, I think it'd be good fun to get toasty and play this game with a bunch of friends.

Yes. I agree with everyone here on why it's preferable to purchase the prepaid PSN cards instead. The Target $17 PSN cards is the best price I've seen on them by any retailer. Otherwise, doing the Best Buy 10% off coupons to get $10 Reward Zone coupons is the best route. My last PSN purchase was The Tales of Monkey Island Bundle - I figured at $19.99 for 5 episodes, it was a pretty good deal. :D

Can anyone give input on this vs. Sam and Max s3? I'm tempted to buy one or the other, and they're both on sale.

$27 for 6 episodes of BTMF or $25 for 5 episodes of S&M (all of which are not released currently).

The Tales of Monkey Island series is also on sale for $20, but not sure if my interest in that is as high as the other two.

[quote name='FFWRX']Where do you sign up to get the 10% coupons in the mail?[/QUOTE]

You don't sign up as much as you're a frequent customer of Best Buy. It doesn't hurt to be a member of their Reward Zone, but if I go a month or two without buying something from Best Buy (I used to spend thousands at their stores every year until discovering just how much better Amazon is), they always send me coupons (usually 10% off Movies, Video Games, etc.- limit of 3 items per coupon). Now I've gotten to the point I won't shop at their stores unless I have coupons (I can get the items they sell at Amazon with no tax, and free shipping).

bread's done
Back