PSN card...deal?

berzirk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hope this is the right board, if not, my apologies.

If you are a member of that Sony Rewards program, I noticed yesterday they have PSN cards available under Insider Specials. They show a pic of the Playstation credit card, so don't be alarmed. I gambled 1000pts on it to see what it actually was, and promptly upon checkout I was given a remption code that worked.

Maybe a deal for folks like me who were looking to add some money to their PSN accoutn with FF, RE, and a few other intriguing games recently announced as downloads.

I only saw $10 vouchers, but according to my math 5 $10 vouchers is $50, so you can put a fair bit of money in your account if you care to and have the points.

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems cool but how much money do you have to spend to earn 1000pt's? Is it 1pt for every 1 buck?

Good find. Not exactly in the need for more PSN money myself but it's good to know its available.

You can get the points for free by playing the wheel watcher's club games and answering surveys.

[quote name='shotcaller88']i can't find them. what category are they in?[/QUOTE]

Go to Redeem > Insider Specials > Playstation

it should be the first item on the list.

$10 Playstation Network Voucher

[quote name='shotcaller88']i can't find them. what category are they in?[/QUOTE]

I found it under "insider specials" (said rewards above, sorry)

For me once you click on redeem and get to the full grid of options, it was on the left hand column, three rows down. If you sort by price low to high, it will come up at 1,000 pts.

1 pt=$.01, so yes, it will take awhile to save up, but I just paid off the co-pay at the hospital for the birth of a kid, plus monthly bills using my Sony card, and that gave me a heap of points.

As another poster said, you can also play different games and usually earn about 20-30pts per day. They have surveys that also give you points, and if you "invite a friend" you can pick up something like 300 points. Update a wish list once a month and you get 25 pts. Most of my points come from purchases, but probably a quarter of them were gained through promos.

[quote name='shotcaller88']Ummm, do you have to be a cardholder to get the insider specials? I just signed up and don't see it anywhere.[/QUOTE]
I think you do. It sucks, I just signed up and earned a bunch or points and now I cant get the psn cards.

I think this is a pretty good find. Even when you're at platinum status or whatever, their redemption values for games are way too high, except for maybe KZ2 and R2. I wish I'd seen this before I added $9.99 to my PSN account for FF7.

Great deal, I've been getting those Barnes and Nobles gift cards to use on their gamestop section - which has ridiculously high prices compared to gamestop.

I love that it doesn't charge shipping as well.

Thanks. I've used all my 500pt Product Registrations. Now I need some BD-Live Blurays from netflix. Then I'll rack up the PSN dollas.

Wow, nice find! Thanks Op, I was a little disappointed after no longer getting the "platinum" discount on gift cards eff June 2009.

[quote name='progman3']Wow, nice find! Thanks Op, I was a little disappointed after no longer getting the "platinum" discount on gift cards eff June 2009.[/QUOTE]

They stopped discounting giftcards?!? I thought it looked a little fishy that I could get a discount on items, but not giftcards.

I got myself a $50 Macy's card for 4,250 pts (+150 shipping) last month. Guess I should be glad I got it when I did. :bomb:

Thanks, did this. Silly to waste the time and postage to MAIL me a code, but if that's the way they want to do it...

how can this a deal??

you redeem $10 worth points and you get $10 psn point.

Where the deal in THAT?

I was thinking you're getting a $20 PSN for $10, since PSN only available in $20 & $50. But you're literally getting $10 for $10.

cold deal I say.

But it would be HOTTER if you buy 11 PSN cards, cuz you get unlimited "platinum" member discount (15%off) if you buy more than 10.001 points.

Glad to see so many folks are finding this helpful. I've scored so much great stuff, free samples, cheap games, won contests thanks to CAG and the forums, it's nice to see I was able to "give back" to the community a little with this deal.

[quote name='revivalizt']how can this a deal??

Where the deal in THAT?

I was thinking you're getting a $20 PSN for $10, since PSN only available in $20 & $50. But you're literally getting $10 for $10.

cold deal I say.

But it would be HOTTER if you buy 11 PSN cards, cuz you get unlimited "platinum" member discount (15%off) if you buy more than 10.001 points.[/QUOTE]

Exchanging 1,000 points ($10) for a $10 card isn't a deal if you pay for the points. But when you consider that points could be obtained for free through WOF, SPT, polls, etc; that $10 card can be free.

[quote name='major morgan']Go to Redeem > Insider Specials > Playstation

it should be the first item on the list.

$10 Playstation Network Voucher[/QUOTE]

Is it gone now? I do not see "Insider Specials".

They are currently out of stock from what I have seen. I searched "Network" in the "Redeem" search at the top and it took me right to them.

Where the deal in THAT?

cold deal I say.

But it would be HOTTER if you buy 11 PSN cards, cuz you get unlimited "platinum" member discount (15%off) if you buy more than 10.001 points.[/QUOTE]

register 4 sony items at sony style and you got yourself 2000 pts. or 2 ten dollar gc's. Good deal, once again.

I LOVE my Sony card. It gave me my PS3 80g for $250 back in Sept. Maybe they'll have a deal on the slim which is priced a bit shady.

[quote name='simmias']I think this is a pretty good find. Even when you're at platinum status or whatever, their redemption values for games are way too high, except for maybe KZ2 and R2. I wish I'd seen this before I added $9.99 to my PSN account for FF7.[/QUOTE]

For cardholders, you can submit a card credit voucher for any sony product you purchase from any authorized seller. Remember that if you have alot of points and want games.

Where the deal in THAT?

cold deal I say.

It's a deal because most of the other giftcards cost you the actual cost as well but have shipping fee. Also great deal for those that registered 5 sony products but don't have the card= $20 free psn bucks

[quote name='jughead']register 4 sony items at sony style and you got yourself 2000 pts. or 2 ten dollar gc's. Good deal, once again.[/QUOTE]

Where do you register the games?
I see where I can register hardware, but the BCUS numbers for games aren't there:

What do I enter for my model number for those?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tom Ato']Do they ship these to you? If so is shipping free?[/QUOTE]

As soon as you "order" it, you are emailed the code, or you can get it fromt eh confirmation page and enter it online. Seeing that they're out of stock now makes me pretty happy I cashed in 3 when I had the chance!

[quote name='brett2007']Where do you register the games?
I see where I can register hardware, but the BCUS numbers for games aren't there:

What do I enter for my model number for those?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

You can only register hardware, no software.

bread's done
Back