PSN cards now available at FS

If there's one thing to be said about microsoft points, it's that they get discounted when game accessories go on sale. I'm guessing these gift cards won't. :cry:

Here's hoping FS surprises us.

I wonder if future shop will consider these psn cards as accesories and have them on sale during their customer appreciation sale.

This is great news to hear! Hopefully the next FS/BB customer appreciation event, the cards will be discounted like live points.

I'd like to see those cards be subject to those FS discounts, too. However, you have to remember that these cards aren't subjected to taxes unlike MS Points and Wii Points. The taxes, sadly, come into play when we buy the games and DLC off of PSN.

Still, maybe some clueless Best Buy dude (they only hire clueless people) will be nice enough to give us that discount!

Yeah, I'm hoping some retailer screws up and applies some kind of discount on these cards with one of their sales.

I think the fact that you can game share PSN games more than makes up for the fact that they will never be discounted (or, at least, not as often as 360 points cards are).

[quote name='kathos']These are considered pure cash card. Like iTunes cards.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, meaning no discounts... This doesn't surprise me, as everywhere I've seen them they're a register-activated card, unlike Wii Points and XBL points, which come as "packaged goods." Not surprising, but still a little disappointing.

EDIT: Although, I've bought discounted iTunes cards before (at Wal-Mart), so a discount isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility.

You can also buy $60 worth of iTunes cards at Costco for $55.99, I believe. I would imagine there's no tax on that, so you save a little bit heh

I'll take the no discount for the fact that it's straight cash, and in Canadian funds. I don't have to try and use an abacus to figure out how much it's going to cost me to purchase X number of MS points...

Ugh. Stupid MS points. I can at least stomach Wii points, because they make logical sense... but 800 MS points for 10USD? How in any way does that make any sort of sense?

Stupid. MS. Points.

hey guys i hope someone can help me out. I wanted to grab a $20 card tonight to purchase some singtar tracks from the singstore. The dude at EB told me that psn cards dont' work in the singstore... I was just wondering if this is true or was he just misinformed?

[quote name='andsoitgoes']I'll take the no discount for the fact that it's straight cash, and in Canadian funds. I don't have to try and use an abacus to figure out how much it's going to cost me to purchase X number of MS points...

Ugh. Stupid MS points. I can at least stomach Wii points, because they make logical sense... but 800 MS points for 10USD? How in any way does that make any sort of sense?

Stupid. MS. Points.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I love trading my real money for actual cash. Just like a real store, and no crazy moon money bullshit. It's great for kids at my store, they want Big Surf Island (or K2 map packs or whatever) and redneck mom & dad are too afraid of using a credit card because fraud never happens when you use your CC in person, also the local "expose" (like bullshit Global TV's 16:9) show told them that the internet is scaaaaaary and baaaaad. Ooooooooh!

[quote name='supergrover99']hey guys i hope someone can help me out. I wanted to grab a $20 card tonight to purchase some singtar tracks from the singstore. The dude at EB told me that psn cards dont' work in the singstore... I was just wondering if this is true or was he just misinformed?[/QUOTE]

I've been souring the PS forums and nothing... try it with the small $20 card, and if it doesn't work you can buy FAT PRINCESS, which is coming out this Thursday!

The EB guy might be talking from first hand exp, or he's talking out of his ass. But seeing how there's no info on this online I'd take the latter because I'm sure Sony wouldn't do something that fucking dumb (eum...) and there'd probably be some sort of nerd rage bullshit going on.

The EB guy is full of crap, Singstore just takes the money out of your PS wallet, it doesn't matter how the money got into the wallet. I haven't personally used a PSN card, but I know that's how the Singstore and the PS wallet work.

Thanks for the reply Solid-Snake-Eyes and kathos. The guy was so certain I just didn't want to waist $20. I am going to try and grab one tomorrow.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I need Best Buy to get these, so I can make use of my $5 rewardzone coupon.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has these cards as well now. Just bought $20 with my rewards card.

Good to know, I already used up my rewardzone coupon but I'll undoubtedly get another sooner or later. Fat Princess is up on the PS store now, let the caking commence!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back