PSN- Earth Defense Force 4.1-$29.99, Vita-$14.99 with PS+

Bah I love these games but will pass for now since I do not even have time to play it. Hopefully it will be sub $20 by the time I have... time!

FYI 4.1 on ps4 looks like a direct port with a resolution bump and runs pretty badly considering that. Anybody played the ps4 & the vita versions? I assume vita was the lead platform and might be the better of the two version because of it.

Also same prices at Gamestop for both new

FYI 4.1 on ps4 looks like a direct port with a resolution bump and runs pretty badly considering that. Anybody played the ps4 & the vita versions? I assume vita was the lead platform and might be the better of the two version because of it.

Also same prices at Gamestop for both new
The PS4 version I think it's a port of 2025 (360/PS3). The Vita version which is a different game based on a Japanese PS2 version but upgraded to today's standards and probably plays the same as 2025/4.1. Looking at some videos, the frame rate on the PS4 tanks (from 60fps to 25fps) but not as bad as 360/PS3 versions (from 30fps to 10fps) of 2025. PS4 has far less screen tearing too. The Vita version, which is a PS2 remake, seems to hold steady between 25-30fps and looks to be fully v-synced which is pretty amazing.

For the same price, I'd go with physical but that's just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back