PSN Flash Sale ends 6/25 @ 11 AM ET/8 AM PT

Is it worth picking up both the PSP and PS3 Darkstalkers games, or should I just get one?
Darkstalkers PSP is more like the old Street Fighter Anniversary, where you can play as different versions of Darkstalker characters from earlier games, with the moves and stats from those games. Interestingly, characters released later (like Q. Bee, which came out in the third game) still have earlier incarnations, based on what the devs felt they would play like had they been released at that time. The downside is long load times between matches. This game plays terrible on a gen-1 PSP, due to the poorly designed d-pad. PS3 Darkstalkers is simply ports of Nightwarriors and Vampire Savior with HD graphics, a ton of unlockable content (mostly concept art and such), and lots of display options.

I just played 12 minutes of Neurovoider on PS4, and I would highly recommend it. It's a customizable roguelike thinking man's twin stick shooter. If you go in expecting Robotron or Geometry Wars, it's nothing like those games. It's a slower kind of twin stick shooter. Instead of running and gunning through groups of enemies, you might even want to stop short before engaging an enemy to figure how to handle it until you learn how to play the game. And you can upgrade your robot with different parts that will give it new or better attibutes. The pixel art is nice to look at too. Well worth the $5.59 price.

Has DMC 4 SE been cheaper than its current sale price? I need to brush up on the story before the 5th game comes out, even though I would of preferred a sequel to the remake DmC.
It matches the low of $7.49 that it has hit a number of times. There is also the hunter's bundle that comes with some extra costumes and mode unlocks that has been as low as $8.99. https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0102-CUSA01671_00-MAINRDOBXXXX0009

There is also this new bundle from a few months ago with DMC 1-3 + 4 hunter's bundle. https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0102-CUSA09407_00-DMCHDC4SEBUNDLE0 The base price of the bundle is $21 cheaper than buying the two items separately at MSRP so if this bundle ever goes on sale, it will be quite a good value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oof, disappointing sale. I swear, Red Faction I and II have been like $2 or $3 countless times before on PSN. Why is it more expensive? Unless I'm thinking of XBL or something?

I just checked psprices and the Deponia games have never been on sale before. I still have the first one unopened, so wondering if I should buy both and sell my physical copy.
The first game had to be on sale before since I had it in my collection and I never buy games at full price. Bought the sequel in this sale. Love the series and hope we get the whole quadrilogy on the PSN.

It was free for Plus a little while back I believe.
Nope. I've had a PS4 for 2 years. Plus the entire time. It was released in the month I got it (2016).

**Infact, I'm positive this is the first time it's been on sale.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

It was a part of one of the THQ Nordic Humblebundles, so you could've gotten it and many other of their games from that.
That’s the bundle I purchased Deponia in. Still haven’t played it. My question is if it’s a decent game why have they not released the other two in the series? It seems like the third game completes a trilogy while the fourth game runs parallel to other two from what I’ve read. Maybe they’ll release a complete version like they’ve done for PC at some point?

Anyone have thoughts on oxenfree
Pretty unique game artwise, there's multiple endings, there is/was an ARG thats pretty interesting. I enjoyed figuring out the supernatural story which is pretty good. Only thing I hated was the WALKING omg lol. If u forgot something, u had to slowly trek all the way back to the other side of the map lol. Wish there was a sprint or run button, def consult with a walkthrough before u leave an area lol. This is an adventure game with no combat, so I rarely like them but I love this one just not the walking lol.

:D this power Rangers game ain't half bad. Characters are a little clunky but it's fun. Would be great if I had friends to couch co-op with.. Oh God.. Here come the tears.

Nope. I've had a PS4 for 2 years. Plus the entire time. It was released in the month I got it (2016).

**Infact, I'm positive this is the first time it's been on sale.

You're positively wrong though. It's been on sale before. $12 last year.

Darkstalkers PSP is more like the old Street Fighter Anniversary, where you can play as different versions of Darkstalker characters from earlier games, with the moves and stats from those games. Interestingly, characters released later (like Q. Bee, which came out in the third game) still have earlier incarnations, based on what the devs felt they would play like had they been released at that time. The downside is long load times between matches. This game plays terrible on a gen-1 PSP, due to the poorly designed d-pad. PS3 Darkstalkers is simply ports of Nightwarriors and Vampire Savior with HD graphics, a ton of unlockable content (mostly concept art and such), and lots of display options.
Thank you for the detailed response! I think I'll go with the PS3 version.

You're positively wrong though. It's been on sale before. $12 last year.
But are you positive?

Lol. I'm kidding. You're probably right. I don't remember. I've been waiting for it to be on sale. Maybe I didn't have money at the time.

Does anyone have five dollars of PSN credit? Does it come in that small of an increment? Because I could use some right about now.

It was the initial 20% off for the first week it was out. Since then there has not been a sale.
Thank you. I was waiting and never saw one.

*I bought my ps4 the night of Sony's E3 16' conference. I think it came out a week (maybe 2) later.

Anyone played that Ultimate Ghouls & Ghosts game? I am somewhat on the fence for it.
Fun platformer game. I own the UMD on PSP. Hopefully, you're going to play it on Vita or PSTV. No Ghouls and Ghost title is a walk in the park though. I remember that the original creator came back to help develop the PSP game. He was also the guy who created Tomba on PS1.

Green Man Gaming came through for me when Sony wouldn't. Ugh. Anyway, Ultimate Ghouls 'n Ghosts is finally mine! I went back and watched footage of it on YouTube... that game must have been MIND-BLOWING at the time it was released. It's still pretty now!

Green Man Gaming came through for me when Sony wouldn't. Ugh. Anyway, Ultimate Ghouls 'n Ghosts is finally mine! I went back and watched footage of it on YouTube... that game must have been MIND-BLOWING at the time it was released. It's still pretty now!
The fact that they were even making a Ghouls and Ghosts follow-up was mind blowing at the time. Back when Capcom was still willing to take risks and revive old franchises instead of just rereleasing the same games on newer systems.

I just played 12 minutes of Neurovoider on PS4, and I would highly recommend it. It's a customizable roguelike thinking man's twin stick shooter. If you go in expecting Robotron or Geometry Wars, it's nothing like those games. It's a slower kind of twin stick shooter. Instead of running and gunning through groups of enemies, you might even want to stop short before engaging an enemy to figure how to handle it until you learn how to play the game. And you can upgrade your robot with different parts that will give it new or better attibutes. The pixel art is nice to look at too. Well worth the $5.59 price.
I have the plat and can second this. Great game.

Any thoughts on Divinity? How is it with a controller? While I Haven’t played a pc game in a couple years, it used to be my go to for games, especially these types of games. However I’ve never really played a game like this with a controller before.

Definitely going to pick up Flinthook. Still debating Hyper Light Drifter and Nex Machina...

-Update- Bit on HLD, passed on NM.

I grabbed:

Chaos on Deponia ($4.99) - 2nd chapter in this fantastic point and click adventure.

Alchemic Jousts ($3.59) - Looks like an interesting twist on tower defense

Flinthook ($5.99) - Roguelike with lots of similarity to Rogue Legacy

Moon Hunters ($5.99) - Roguelike RPG that seems unique and interesting

I considered grabbing Guardians of the Galaxy, but that seems prime for PS+. 

Bought Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles. You can thank me when they're in the next Playstation Humble Bundle for $1.

Bought Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles. You can thank me when they're in the next Playstation Humble Bundle for $1.
Highly possible since they were both Instant Game collection games years ago as well...

Got Hyper Light Drifter and Flinthook.

Probably be PS+ freebies next month knowing my luck. You’re welcome.

Got Hyper Light Drifter and Flinthook.

Probably be PS+ freebies next month knowing my luck. You’re welcome.
Ehhhh. They're starting to consistently give out retail games. I'm expecting Alien Isolation next month, maybe August or September otherwise. Maybe Dead by Daylight in October if the devs are kind enough.

I grabbed Flinthook, PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate, Nex Machina, Eliosi's Hunt, Polarity: Ultimate Edition, and Bard's Gold from the flash sale along with Vostok Inc from the weekly sale. Thanks to you all for your recommendations.

Considering the Ezio Collection here at the last minute even though I still have them on 360. Doesn't seem like it's going to drop past $20 and and three Plats is pretty tempting.

My haul:

Deponia $4.99
Chaos on Deponia $4.99
Psychonauts In The Rhombus Of Ruin $7.99
Risk of Rain $2.49
Tomb Raider® (PSOne Classic) $1.49
Tomb Raider: Underworld $1.49
Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins $2.99
VR Levels (Add-On Content) $0.00
Mega Man® Maverick Hunter® X $2.99

My haul:

Deponia $4.99
Chaos on Deponia $4.99
Psychonauts In The Rhombus Of Ruin $7.99
Risk of Rain $2.49
Tomb Raider® (PSOne Classic) $1.49
Tomb Raider: Underworld $1.49
Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins $2.99
VR Levels (Add-On Content) $0.00
Mega Man® Maverick Hunter® X $2.99
How does TR: Underworld hold up? Still having Rise of in the "to-be-purchased-and-played" backlog and Shadow of incoming, I fear I will never be able to play/enjoy Underworld even if I bought it.

I feel just for older games, you just have to try your best to put yourself around when it came out. Some games are just impossible to play regardless, such as older PC platform games. I can barely control myself and miss many, many platforms. 

How does TR: Underworld hold up? Still having Rise of in the "to-be-purchased-and-played" backlog and Shadow of incoming, I fear I will never be able to play/enjoy Underworld even if I bought it.
Too late to do you any good for the flash sale, but I’ll comment anyway just so you know for the future. It holds up just fine. I played it way after release on the 360 and liked it a lot. In my opinion, the ps3/360 era of games tend to hold up pretty well and this one is no exception. Keep in mind that it’s from the old series and not the reboot series, so it won’t feel the same as those games, but it’s not like the days of tank controls that’s for sure. Next time it goes on sale go ahead and buy it

bread's done
Back