PSN Flash Sale: Uncharted 3 Multiplayer FTP Add-ons - May 28 to June 4

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...ayer-goes-patriotic-memorial-week-flash-sale/

These in-game add-ons for the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Free to Play game will be on sale:
Uncharted 3: Multiplayer - Co-op Adventure - $9.99 - 17% Off
Uncharted 3: Multiplayer - Co-op Arena - $7.99 - 20% Off
Uncharted 3: Multiplayer - Competitive MP No Level Limit - $14.99 - 25% Off - FTP Only
Uncharted 3: Multiplayer - Competitive MP Level 25 Limit - $3.99 - 20% Off - FTP Only
Uncharted 3: Multiplayer - Splitscreen Add On - $0.99 - 50% Off - FTP Only
Uncharted 3: Multiplayer - Map Packs - $19.99 - 20% Off
Uncharted 3: Multiplayer - Drake’s Deception Single Player Experience - $27.99 - 6% Off - FTP Only

The sale for these core multiplayer components will run from Tuesday May 28th until midnight GMT Tuesday June 4th
The items above marked "FTP Only" are restrictions/features that only apply to the Free to Play Multiplayer version and not the retail versions of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at thing a little more closely, the Map Pack bundle is the only thing that I think will be on sale on the PS Store. Unfortunately, the sales are only a few bucks off of each item outside of that map pack bundle, so they're not as good of a deal as I hoped they would be. Sorry. Hopefully some of you still find some use out of this.

Thanks for the post either way. I hate the fact that big name developers are making us pay for content that should be free on disks, but what can you do? I'm a fan of Naughty Dog games, but this makes me worry about in-game content for The Last of Us... :(

[quote name='invincibleaggre']Thanks for the post either way. I hate the fact that big name developers are making us pay for content that should be free on disks, but what can you do? I'm a fan of Naughty Dog games, but this makes me worry about in-game content for The Last of Us... :([/QUOTE]

I think you're confused.

I paid $5 for enslaved dlc i might never play, i spent $5 for some max payne 3 dlc, should i spend $20 for uncharted 3 dlc...? 50 trophies...
oh wait, you are right, amazon has goty edition for 20... lol. does anyone know if it includes all this? (plus i think more, skins?)
eh cheapest for prime is 27, nevermind

So the splitscreen allows you to play splitscreen MP like in Warhawk/Starhawk? Is this not in the original disc game and if I were to buy that DLC would it only work on the F2P download or would it work with the disc too?

[quote name='Big D.']So the splitscreen allows you to play splitscreen MP like in Warhawk/Starhawk? Is this not in the original disc game and if I were to buy that DLC would it only work on the F2P download or would it work with the disc too?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, it is free for those who own the disc... (I say it like that because the game has horrible net code, with no regional matchmaking, so you typically see people from three different continents battling it on in the same room... And the split-screeners lag the worse.)

The free to play download version, apparently does not allow this function without payment...

Anyhow, I've played over 130 hours or so of UC3 MP... I'll try to answer any questions anyone has about it but at this point... I really don't recommend anyone picking up the DLC for the game. (I suspect the bulk of a already rather small player base will be moving to TLoS in a couple of weeks.)

Edit: Correction about 140 hours of MP...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Unfortunately, it is free for those who own the disc... (I saw it like that because the game has horrible net code, with no regional matchmaking, so you typically see people from three different continents battling it on in the same room... And the split-screeners lag the worse.)

The free to play download version, apparently does not allow this function without payment...

Anyhow, I've played over 130 hours or so of UC3 MP... I'll try to answer any questions anyone has about it but at this point... I really don't recommend anyone picking up the DLC for the game. (I suspect the bulk of a already rather small player base will be moving to TLoS in a couple of weeks.)

Edit: Correction about 140 hours of MP...[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Glad I asked first. My sister and I play online every now and then but I was thinking it'd be cool to play splitscreen. I had no idea it had that mode lol.

[quote name='TaylorM06']So does the GOTY Edition have all of these DLCs?[/QUOTE]

Yes, or its something that doesn't apply like the split-screen or level cap restrictions...

I'll help you answer those questions lol. I've been on U3 since day one of the beta and have several upon several hundred hours... this game didn't leave my console for 14 months(BIG ND fan)... so yeah.... but I also don't recommend the dlc yet but since the details of TLoU multiplayer are unknown I wouldn't say not too as we are unsure how the TLoU multiplayer will be and with rumors that I've heard I don't know how many U3 vets are gonna be playing it for long since its not gonna be the same kind of gameplay or even similar from my understandings.

[quote name='greenwolfe7']I'll help you answer those questions lol. I've been on U3 since day one of the beta and have several upon several hundred hours... this game didn't leave my console for 14 months(BIG ND fan)... so yeah.... but I also don't recommend the dlc yet but since the details of TLoU multiplayer are unknown I wouldn't say not too as we are unsure how the TLoU multiplayer will be and with rumors that I've heard I don't know how many U3 vets are gonna be playing it for long since its not gonna be the same kind of gameplay or even similar from my understandings.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly, they are going to start talking about it this week... (But its ND so who knows if they'll actually do it.)

That said, even without details I'm not sure its going to matter a whole lot... There was allot of changes between UC2 and UC3 yet, few, if anyone, went back to UC2... but I guess will see.

I'm curious about the rumors you've heard... I've not really heard any.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Didn't know Uncharted 3 had anything to do with File Transfer Protocol...[/QUOTE]

Free To Play

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Supposedly, they are going to start talking about it this week... (But its ND so who knows if they'll actually do it.)

That said, even without details I'm not sure its going to matter a whole lot... There was allot of changes between UC2 and UC3 yet, few, if anyone, went back to UC2... but I guess will see.

I'm curious about the rumors you've heard... I've not really heard any.

Free To Play[/QUOTE]

We'll what we know for sure is that they have said the multiplayer isn't going to be co-op related to the main campaign, It will be a unique experience unlike any other(aka not like Uncharted), They also boasted that it was "the most unique multiplayer experience to ever be had on a console and was probably the best MP experience yet" From what I've heard from some people though it looks like it might take a cross between what've seen in Uncharted co-op adventure type gameplay and something like GTA4 with an open world touch too it. That could be all smoke though. But I'm fairly certain it won't be an Uncharted like MP experience especially with a minor in the focus of the story although she does shoot "monsters" I feel like its gonna be a survival puzzler type MP... weird to explain... but thats the best way I can think to describe it from what I've heard.

Don't get me wrong though I think its gonna be fun I just don't think its gonna be long to complete the muliplayer unless they add some kind of unique leveling system to go along with it which im sure they will. But for the U3 vets I still don't think its gonna be Uncharted....

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Yes, or its something that doesn't apply like the split-screen or level cap restrictions...[/QUOTE]

Cool. I don't care about split screen or level caps. I have U3 CE. But none of the DLC :/

[quote name='TaylorM06']I can't wait to hear about TLoU's MP. I'm stoked about the game![/QUOTE]

IKR I hope the next thing the other team works on is a new CRASH or JAK lol.

[quote name='Junkyard Jeff']Worst. Multiplayer. Ever.[/QUOTE]

It very much can be... No doubt about it. I can also be a fun and rewarding experience. UC2/UC3 has the best Capture the Flag (Plunder) mode I've ever played.

Also, I'm guessing you've never played one of this gen's SOCOM games... ;)

[quote name='greenwolfe7']Don't get me wrong though I think its gonna be fun I just don't think its gonna be long to complete the Multiplayer unless they add some kind of unique leveling system to go along with it which im sure they will. But for the U3 vets I still don't think its gonna be Uncharted....[/QUOTE]If its just Uncharted Co-Op Adventure I'm going to likely be done with it in a week... and be very disappointed.

It really needs to have a competitive mode that builds upon what they've done with Uncharted... Just less health so its not Uncharted.

Also, ND shouldn't be talking about it being the best multiplayer ever... They should never hype a game with that line again after the undercooked UC3 mp they gave us.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']It very much can be... No doubt about it. I can also be a fun and rewarding experience. UC2/UC3 has the best Capture the Flag (Plunder) mode I've ever played.

Also, I'm guessing you've never played one of this gen's SOCOM games... ;)

If its just Uncharted Co-Op Adventure I'm going to likely be done with it in a week... and be very disappointed.

It really needs to have a competitive mode that builds upon what they've done with Uncharted... Just less health so its not Uncharted.

Also, ND shouldn't be talking about it being the best multiplayer ever... They should never hype a game with that line again after the undercooked UC3 mp they gave us.[/QUOTE]

I agree but I just don't see how they can do it with a Minor as a main character in the story unless its competitive in terms of some other mechanic (physical combat?) unless they treat it as totally separate from the single player story and just leave Ellie out of the MP period and load the monsters up with weapons which I don't forsee happening? What are your thoughts?

And heaven forbid they set the game up like Hunter Arena! With one side starting as monsters with no weapons or anything and you just have to beat the heros with fist while they shoot guns at you! Although being a long time U3 fan I can say Hunter Arena does have ALOT of potential... If they could add just 1 or 2 more players to each team it would be an amazing game mode...

From the site: "Retailers set their own price points and we remain competitive. This is instantly downloadable. "

Morons. Sorry, Sony, but you're NOT being competitive to retailers. You're just giving off an air of arrogance and stupidity if not outright obliviousness.

[quote name='masshuum']From the site: "Retailers set their own price points and we remain competitive. This is instantly downloadable. "

Morons. Sorry, Sony, but you're NOT being competitive to retailers. You're just giving off an air of arrogance and stupidity if not outright obliviousness.[/QUOTE]

yeah I read that comment too... I couldn't believe they actually said that.

I also noticed they didn't reply to my comment at all im number 29 on that page.... :( I'd like to see what they have to say about that....

bread's done
Back