PSN Gameshare for PSP

Willie Aames

CAG Veteran
Posted this in the PS3 section, but it probably is a better fit over here: Any interest in a long-term PSP game share group? Thinking we keep it small, 3 members max to give us some wiggle room on the number of activated PSPs, and cutting down the price of new games to about $13.

Pretty much everything in there is on my radar at this point.

u cant Gameshare PSP Games only PS3 and PSone and i think movies

I would, but I already have a bunch of games on my account and since PSP's can only be synced with one account......

[quote name='starmask2k3']u cant Gameshare PSP Games only PS3 and PSone and i think movies[/QUOTE]
You can...or should be able too....

[quote name='Homerun17']I would, but I already have a bunch of games on my account and since PSP's can only be synced with one account......[/QUOTE]

You can have multiple accounts on your PSP, however only one can be active at a time. Not as convenient as the PS3, but still possible (takes about 2 minutes to switch active accounts on the PSP). Just requires an internet connection.

I've synched up content from my main PS3 account and my gameshare account, and can access both on my PSP by switching activations.

I'm interested in a long-term psp share. Had one set up but then got some bad intel and didn't think it was going to be possible to share the psp games so we called it off. The only reason I mention it is that I pointed the people that were going to be involved to this thread in case they were still interested. My main interests are usually action and rpg games, but i would be down for contributing for whatever the group would decide. Oh and I do very much like racers so GT is high atop my list too.

Thanks for the PM. I'll think about it over the next day or two--I've already got some linked to my PSN account from my PS3, so I don't know if I want to do the account switching thing for activation. Sony really should allow multiple activations "active" on a PSP at a time. I guess that could lead to excessive piracy etc. but it would be nice considering game sharing is a "feature" Sony has discussed before.

Anyway I'll get back to you in a day or two about it--if you find someone else and it fills up, no hard feelings since I'm on the fence about it anyway.

Thanks again for the info though Banjora.

I already bought games on my main account but I would be interested in a long term psp group. I would definitely like to get some bigger titles like Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, Monster Hunter, etc.

(Certainly open to anything though!)

Last edited by a moderator:
So any word of a group getting started? I'm itching to buy another PSP game but I'm holding off in case a group gets put together.

Aye I am ready to get started too. Was hoping to be started by now would have liked to get Prinny and Badman while they were on sale. Guess I will buy them on my own account but still would rather have even just donated it to the gameshare in order to keep my number of accounts down.

Ya, if no one else does I'll go ahead and start up the account. I wish I had full confirmation from others, I would go ahead and buy those two games while still on sale. :cry:

I know Gamehead is in for a long term one. Willie said he wanted one too, though he mentioned wanting to have a smaller group so not sure if he would be in for a full one. Either way that is at least three of us.

Think I should set up an account and nab those two games before the sale ends?

Edit: Nevermind, I made an account but realized I was late for work and rushed out the door, didn't get the games. :(

Banjora has gone ahead and created an account for PSP-game sharing. Who else wants in the group? So far we've got:

1) Banjora
2) Kanik
3) Gamehead
4)Janitor
5)Ed_

This group will decide on what PSP games to buy, hopefully being long-term.

(And the group is now full)

I'd be up to joining...just need a better understanding of how this would work. We would all agree on a game and chip in via paypal? I think I read that we would use a generic account, right?

[quote name='Ed_']I'd be up to joining...just need a better understanding of how this would work. We would all agree on a game and chip in via paypal? I think I read that we would use a generic account, right?[/QUOTE]

In case you don't know how gamesharing on the PSP works, it is as follows:

A single account is made. Funds are added to this account and the games are purchased. An account can be shared on up to 5 PSPs. Only one account can be active on a PSP at a time so while logged into this gamesharing account all games purchased by other accounts are disabled until you switch to that account. (Switching accounts is done either online or via PS3, it takes two minutes.)

Banjora hasn't specified the exact details, but I imagine we would be voting on what games to purchase. We could all either add funds individually to the account or a single person could add funds and everyone else paypals him their share. A good method I think is everyone gives money in lumps, for example: everyone chips in $20. Once we have the total pool, we can then make purchases, refilling the funds in rounds when needed. This way we can avoid multiple transactions.

Got it. I'm up for joining, what genres do you all like? I like action, adventure, platformers, some puzzle and some racing. RPGs are not my thing at all, though.

What Kanik said. We haven't determined exactly how many votes will be needed to make a decision on what to buy. Personally I am very much like you in my preferences Ed, except I like RPGs and the only thing I don't like are sports games (other then racing). But that's part of trying to put together a long term group, figuring out what people like and what they want out of it. I know there will be titles I'm not enthused about that others are. I figure because of the prices of games (at least the full priced games that are $40 before the share) for most things it will be a 4/5 votes needed which is usually the standard for more expensive things. I do hope from time to time there may be an RPG picked up but it's not a specific focus of this group. I don't know if any of that helps you with considering this, I tried to be as forthcoming and honest of my thoughts and intentions with this. If there is anything else you would like to ask feel free and maybe Kanik and Gamehead can chime in on what they are looking for out of the group and it might help.

I would but the damn PSP store wants me to update my firmware in order to buy things from them, guess Sony doesn't get any money!

Sorry I didn't post back sooner. I don't think I'll be participating unfortunately. The whole account switching only at an infrastructure access point thing is deterring me honestly. If I had a phone with an internet plan, and could do this at any time, I probably wouldn't care. But it's just a little too inconvenient for me now, since I've got a couple of games on my other account already (I was told PSP gamesharing wasn't possible for a while, before finding out that it is)

[quote name='hfdpro']I'd love to get in on this, unless I'm too late to the party. Let me know.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, looks like we're full.

[quote name='Ed_']How about we each put in PSN cards instead of paypal-ing one guy (to avoid fees).[/QUOTE]
If you send payment as a "gift" there are no fees.

Whatever the group wants is fine by me; I was only suggesting :).

Can't wait to download the first game.

Aye I realize, I just wanted to clarify that either way would work. I sent you an invite to the social group that was set up for the group.

i wasnt even aware that psp games could be shared before now. a question on this though:

i understand that all 5 psps have to be using the same master account to access the shared games and that, in most instances, the same game can be played at the same time on all 5 psps.

but how does online play work? can multiple people using the same account play an online multiplayer psp game at the same time via PSN???

if so, how does this work in-game. for example, if there are three different psps using the same account playing the same online game at the same time, what do this look like in-game? is the same account name replicated three times? In other words, would it be possible for username "lolwaut" to take 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in a 6 person Motorstorm: Arctic Edge race??? If this IS possible, how does a scenario like this affect online ranking/leaderboard positions, etc?

i know the question is a tad confusing but i might actually get a psp go if all 5 psps can play an online game at the same time over PSN.

any clarification is appreciated. thanks!

Have one open spot in our game sharing group - rules are as follows:

1. Spend $40 initially - buy whatever you want with your own CC/PSN card
2. Commit to spend at least $120 over the next 6 months - again, buying whatever you want w/ your own CC/PSN Card

Here's what we have as of today:
MHFU
FF7
Thexdar Neo
Motorstorm
Patapon 2
Crush
Disgaea
Loco Roco 2

I Still have 2 more slots in my Rock Band Unplugged DLC group.

1.brewer
2.Mojimbo
3.modium

Details of the share:
  • This long term group will keep up with the DLC releases for Rock Band Unplugged.
  • Each member will deposit $10. Each Thursday that DLC is released I will Download the new Songs. Once the funds in the PlayStation Wallet drop below $10 each member will deposit $10 again.
  • Initial deposit will be $30, this will get you all the DLC already released (49, more songs then even comes on the disk!) and get you caught up with the current members deposits.
  • Can purchase other PSP games and DLC if members agree. Extra money would need to be deposited.
PM me if interested or are looking for more details.

Alright, I'm definitely interested in this, and just so you guys know I'm being honest on this, I'm going to use my own personal PSN account. That means we can start a group with this account of mine which already has games bought on it (Plus some extra PS3 stuff). The games bought so far are Patapon 2, Prince of Persia, Dissidia, Rock Band Unplugged songs, PowerStone Collection, and probably soon, LittleBigPlanet and some PS1 games.

The parameters we can decide together, either add funds with psn cards ourselves or through paypal, I don't mind any.

I would like to keep it tight though, so ideally no more than three people, including myself.

If anyone's interested message me, reply here, or email me at [email protected]

You may want to do some checking, because I believe there is a change coming in the EULA which may limit your abilities to gameshare. I saw the original story on TheSixthAxis, but as I dont gameshare I didnt check the details. It sounded as though it will be limited to three systems now.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']You may want to do some checking, because I believe there is a change coming in the EULA which may limit your abilities to gameshare. I saw the original story on TheSixthAxis, but as I dont gameshare I didnt check the details. It sounded as though it will be limited to three systems now.[/QUOTE]

It was revealed to be fake. I seriously have lost all trust for most gaming sites, now I won't believe any "news" until 3 days have passed.

Good thing that turned out to be fake.

In other news, one spot already taken for PSP share. So one more open.

In other news, I bought FFVII with my own money, so that's one more game you'd be having if you don't own already.

We have 3 people in our PSP share group, and we have space for two more

1. Junno
2. Esoul
3. TehMuff1nM4n
4. ?????
5. ?????

PM any of us if interested.

[quote name='Kanik']It was revealed to be fake. I seriously have lost all trust for most gaming sites, now I won't believe any "news" until 3 days have passed.[/QUOTE]
Welcome to my club, I call it "reality". Glad to see there are more people waking up to it. Only the rule of "reality" is not to believe it till its been confirmed and effects you.

People are seriously doing this for PSP? I tried gamesharing with a separate account of my own, and it's an incredible hassle. Each time I want to play a game from the gameshare account, it deactivates all games I purchased on my real account, and vice versa.

You can't really be willing to do this...... ?

bread's done
Back