PSN March Savings - $10 Back for every $50 spent (now - March 31st)

jedolley

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just saw this on PSN...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/26/psn-march-savings-get-10-for-every-50-spent/

What a start we’ve had to 2013! We here at PlayStation Network have no intention of slowing down anytime soon, and we have a great new promotion and a number of great digital titles coming your way starting next month.
Starting February 26 and throughout the month of March, we’ll be offering you the chance to get $10 back for EVERY $50 you spend using your SEN Wallet! This means that if you spent $100 you’d receive $20 back at the end in April. Everything from games, movies and TV shows — anything that accepts SEN Wallet funds — is fair game. If you were thinking of subscribing to PlayStation Plus, now’s a great time to do it. Grab the 1-year membership for $49.99 to get the most of your PSN experience, plus a little extra cash back.
We also have a number of brand new Day 1 Digital titles coming your way in March, and even better, they’re all available for pre-order starting tomorrow, February 26! Pre-ordering the titles gets you a free theme, and a number of the titles come with additional pre-order bonuses for PSN buyers.
Grabbing these titles is a great way to take advantage of this promotion, as every $50 you spend counts toward getting $10 increments back in April.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except they have never gave warnings in the past... Sometimes the consumer has to do the thinking for themselves. Groceries stores don't give advanced warnings. They update their sales on Tuesday in my area. So it's stupid to buy stuff that isn't on sale on Monday. In fact it's most cases it's stupid to buy anything on PSN that isn't on sale unless you want to play it day 1 because chances are it will go on sale or be free with PS plus.

Unless you get everything for free, it can always get cheaper after you buy it. It applies to everything. That's life.
Nobody ever offers to give Sony more money if they buy something on sale that goes back up the next week.

[quote name='tylerh1701']....there's always one.[/QUOTE]

Or more, the Sony Defense Force is ever present. :lol:

[quote name='spatenfloot']Unless you get everything for free, it can always get cheaper after you buy it. It applies to everything. That's life.[/QUOTE]
That's true. That's why I like buying stuff in retail stores where you can go to customer service and get a price guarantee.

Can't really expect any customer service from Sony though.

[quote name='B:L']For someone named gettinmoney, you sure are a dumb ass at business sense.

With a warning, you'll only get delayed sales. Some folks would wait for the sale then make their purchases, and after they get rewarded they continue to make purchases.

With no warning, you piss off those who spent money. Those future purchases in the warning scenario won't materialize, and you lose a lot of shoppers and incite a lot of disgruntled comments towards your company.[/QUOTE]

Wrong, you only piss off a few select morons like yourself. The rest will likely spend another $50 to take advantage of the sale, even if it's reluctantly.

I'll show you how this works. With no warning, you spent $50 yesterday and don't get the promo. Maybe you're so butt hurt that you don't want to take advantage of this sale. Sony ends up with net revenue of $50.

With a warning, you wouldn't have spent anything and waited until the promo takes effect. Now you spend the $50 and get your $10 back. Why would you spend any more than this? Sony ends up with net revenue of $40.

Now, maybe there are some people who get so upset that they will never buy anything from the Sony store again. I don't think that's the case though.

You guys should just do what I do, never buy anything until a satisfactory sale (like this one) comes.
It's not like you guys don't have two digit backlogs, just work on those while you wait.

They could have just not done this promotion at all. No one is defending Sony they are just saying it's stupid to whine about something like this. You act like Sony is the only one who doesn't advertise sales ahead of time.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Wrong, you only piss off a few select morons like yourself. The rest will likely spend another $50 to take advantage of the sale, even if it's reluctantly.

I'll show you how this works. With no warning, you spent $50 yesterday and don't get the promo. Maybe you're so butt hurt that you don't want to take advantage of this sale. Sony ends up with net revenue of $50.

With a warning, you wouldn't have spent anything and waited until the promo takes effect. Now you spend the $50 and get your $10 back. Why would you spend any more than this? Sony ends up with net revenue of $40.

Now, maybe there are some people who get so upset that they will never buy anything from the Sony store again. I don't think that's the case though.[/QUOTE]

What's really moronic is your short sighted hypotheticals. In your first scenario Sony ends up with a net revenue of $50, and less future purchases. In your second scenario, Sony still ends up with a net revenue of $50, and a potential net loss of $10, but breeding loyalty would mean more future sales and the $10 would quickly be recouped.

It's why stores like doing gift card offers rather than direct discounts. It entices shoppers to keep coming in and continue buying.

For real TooPoor that's what I do although I got trumped when they did that music unlimited sale for 12.00 because I forgot I had my current sub on autorenewal and it took out my 10 from my 20 back from the promotion the month before. Oh well I'll still get the extra month and a dollar a month for an awesome music service is a damn good deal. I'll buy something day 1 if I really want it and it has bonuses. Although I'm a bit more pissed I bought the homefront ultimate bundle when I could have preordered Metro and got homefront for free.

[quote name='crunchewy']They have no intention of slowing down any time soon... at least not until Holiday 2013, at least, when all your PSN purchases won't work on the PS4.[/QUOTE]

but they will work on the ps3

That is just a list of games on sale it's not a spend this get this promotion. By this time most of us know that PSN is going to do the Gamer's Choice sale and then a spring sale. Again any smart person would not buy a game not on sale. It's basically an ad saying in case you are mentally challenged here are the games that will be on sale so don't buy them till next week. Also what if you had bought any of those games the week prior to announcement you'd still be out the sale price. Meaning yet once again it's a gamble and ill advised to buy anything that's not on sale.

[quote name='antlp89']Jesus Christ, half of the posts in this thread are you complaining. [/QUOTE]

The other half is complaining about the complaining.

But at least my posts had content explaining why these kind of unannounced sales are short sighted.

[quote name='Psychonik']That is just a list of games on sale it's not a spend this get this promotion. By this time most of us know that PSN is going to do the Gamer's Choice sale and then a spring sale. Again any smart person would not buy a game not on sale. It's basically and ad saying in case you are mentally challenged here are the games that will be on sale so don't buy them till next week. Also what if you had bought any of those games the week prior to announcement you'd still be out the sale price. Meaning yet once again it's a gamble and ill advised to buy anything that's not on sale.[/QUOTE]
Is this a run on sentence? I cannot parse this post.

[quote name='B:L']Yeah it's not like their direct competitor gives a heads up and treats their customers better.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338873

Oh wait, they did.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but MS charges a sub for a service you should get for free. ;)

Let's be honest... Most places do not advertise their sales ahead of time. Most consumers have learned that weekly circulars go out on Sundays (most people don't get early access to that info like CAGs do) and some shop accordingly. Gamers, especially CAGs should know that PSN updates on Tuesday, so it's usually wise to wait till then before purchasing unless you are taking advantage of the current week's deals. It has nothing to do with treating your customer's better... Oh, BTW, one time I made two purchases in the middle of a week only for those items to go on sale (Final Fantasy Sale) the following week, and PSN customer service gave me the difference in the form of credit. So IMO, they do care about their customers.

[quote name='jedolley']Yeah, but MS charges a sub for a service you should get for free. ;)

Let's be honest... Most places do not advertise their sales ahead of time. Most consumers have learned that weekly circulars go out on Sundays (most people don't get early access to that info like CAGs do) and some shop accordingly. Gamers, especially CAGs should know that PSN updates on Tuesday, so it's usually wise to wait till then before purchasing unless you are taking advantage of the current week's deals. It has nothing to do with treating your customer's better... Oh, BTW, one time I made two purchases in the middle of a week only for those items to go on sale (Final Fantasy Sale) the following week, and PSN customer service gave me the difference in the form of credit. So IMO, they do care about their customers.[/QUOTE]

Touche.

Where did you contact PSN customer service? I'll try to see if I can get credit back through there. Thanks!

Get owned. Last time I checked run on sentences didn't have periods. You are some xbot mad that the only sale you are getting is in the form of old ass games that you probably already bought.

Really you didn't think to contact customer service already and decided to just complain on a CAG forum instead?

[quote name='Psychonik']Get owned. Last time I checked run on sentences didn't have periods. You are some xbot mad[/QUOTE]

It may not be a run on sentence but it read like a stream of consciousness. I got your point but it was really hard to get through.

What's with all the name calling, though? It seems pervasive in these kinds of threads. It's kinda strange to call me an xbot when you can see my sig.

this is perfect for Dynasty warriors 7 empire, now the question is where the hell is it? it's suppose to release today but i havent been able to spot it at all

[quote name='exaznkid']this is perfect for Dynasty warriors 7 empire, now the question is where the hell is it? it's suppose to release today but i havent been able to spot it at all[/QUOTE]

I checked the online store browser and I only see the demo.

[quote name='exaznkid']this is perfect for Dynasty warriors 7 empire, now the question is where the hell is it? it's suppose to release today but i havent been able to spot it at all[/QUOTE]

It'll be there when the store updates.

[quote name='Psychonik']You were praising Microsoft for their sale and whining about Sony's promotion.[/QUOTE]

I would praise Sony's promotion too if they had the same amount of foresight.

[quote name='B:L']What's really moronic is your short sighted hypotheticals. In your first scenario Sony ends up with a net revenue of $50, and less future purchases. In your second scenario, Sony still ends up with a net revenue of $50, and a potential net loss of $10, but breeding loyalty would mean more future sales and the $10 would quickly be recouped.

It's why stores like doing gift card offers rather than direct discounts. It entices shoppers to keep coming in and continue buying.[/QUOTE]

That implies that people who spent $50 the day before this promo started will be so upset as to not spend any more in the store. I don't think that's the case. Are you going to stop buying games in the store now? I don't think so, regardless of what you say to try and prove me wrong.

Gamer boycotts only last until something really good gets released.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I don't think so, regardless of what you say to try and prove me wrong.[/QUOTE]

You are entitled to disbelieve facts and reality as you see fit. No one's stopping you.

Dude stfu you are a total tool. One Piece and it's DLC was on sale when you bought it it won't be on sale when this promotion starts. Yet, you want it to count towards your $50. Sony is not going to wank you off and pay you too. Go buy an Xbox then oh wait they don't even have One Piece on their store. fuck off for real.

[quote name='Psychonik']Dude stfu you are a total tool. One Piece and it's DLC was on sale when you bought it it won't be on sale when this promotion starts. Yet, you want it to count towards your $50. Sony is not going to wank you off and pay you too. Go buy an Xbox then oh wait they don't even have One Piece on their store. fuck off for real.[/QUOTE]

It's still on sale right now and it counts

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...iors/cid=UP0700-NPUB30836_00-0000000000000000

There's no need for harsh language. All I'm saying is that their lack of business sense means lost sales. For me, it means that the Corpse Party:BoS and Valkyria Chronicles 2 that I had planned to pick up will have to wait.

[quote name='B:L']It's still on sale right now and it counts

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...iors/cid=UP0700-NPUB30836_00-0000000000000000

There's no need for harsh language. All I'm saying is that their lack of business sense means lost sales. For me, it means that the Corpse Party:BoS and Valkyria Chronicles 2 that I had planned to pick up will have to wait.[/QUOTE]

So rather than buy them now and make progress towards the $50 spent, you're going to wait? Hahahah, that's smart.

And like I said, you're not going to stop making purchases, you'll just delay them as if that'll show them somehow.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So rather than buy them now and make progress towards the $50 spent, you're going to wait? Hahahah, that's smart.

And like I said, you're not going to stop making purchases, you'll just delay them as if that'll show them somehow.[/QUOTE]

Nope. It means I probably won't pick up Valkyria Chronicles 2, and I won't pick up future DLC that I was checking out including Tokyo Jungle DLC.

Those are solid lost sales, even if you try to disbelieve the illusion.

You got a game on sale and your complaining about it. How is it lost sales? They could have not done the promo and less people would have bought stuff.

[quote name='Psychonik']You got a game on sale and your complaining about it. How is it lost sales? They could have not done the promo and less people would have bought stuff.[/QUOTE]

Or they could have done the promo in a smarter manner and more people would have bought stuff now and in the future.

That's all that's being said.

This promo is mainly to entice people to buy Day 1 digital over retail. Meaning Sony gets more money in the end over if the game sold in a retail store. Go look at the top games sold for the month and it's usually a full retail game in the number 1 spot.

Not everyone is dumb like you. In fact I was wrong the sale runs till 3/5 so you could have waited to purchase it.

[quote name='Psychonik']This promo is mainly to entice people to buy Day 1 digital over retail. Meaning Sony gets more money in the end over if the game sold in a retail store. Go look at the top games sold for the month and it's usually a full retail game in the number 1 spot.[/QUOTE]

Actually I think this promo is mainly to promote PS+. Notice the $49.99 pricetag, and the 3 extra months offer currently going on. They'll get a lot of yearly subscribers and the extra purchases they'll have to make to go over $50.

[quote name='Psychonik']Not everyone is dumb like you. In fact I was wrong the sale runs till 3/5 so you could have waited to purchase it.[/QUOTE]

Again, there is no need for childish namecalling.

Sure, I could have waited. What notices did Sony put out that indicated that they were going to do this kind of promo? None whatsoever.

And that's the whole point.

[quote name='B:L']Nope. It means I probably won't pick up Valkyria Chronicles 2, and I won't pick up future DLC that I was checking out including Tokyo Jungle DLC.

Those are solid lost sales, even if you try to disbelieve the illusion.[/QUOTE]

Sony doesn't need your money and they won't miss it. So much entitlement on CAG these days.

[quote name='Psychonik']Oh excuse me, you were saying this was poor business?[/QUOTE]

Of course, I already gave reasons why.

It's also obvious to anyone familiar with business that the saying goes,

"A happy customer tells one friend, and an unhappy customer tells everybody."

It runs through the whole month so they just warned you ahead of time for the next three weeks. I was going to buy Ken's Rage, but then I didn't get a voucher so I said f it and lo and behold I waited and now I can get it and still get the 10 back.

[quote name='Psychonik']It runs through the whole month so they just warned you ahead of time for the next three weeks. I was going to buy Ken's Rage, but then I didn't get a voucher so I said f it and lo and behold I waited and now I can get it and still get the 10 back.[/QUOTE]

"Warning ahead of time" typically requires that the warning not start at the same exact time that the thing starts.

This would be called "warning on time" which isn't really a warning at all.

[quote name='Bumslie']So much entitlement on CAG these days.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe you understand what that word means.

And I am pretty positive that Sony feels the pains of lost sales, in aggregate. All you have to do is look at how the Vita is doing.

They have never never ever gave warnings for these promotions till the day it started. What if you had bought One Piece when it first went on sale 2 weeks ago, and they warned everybody of the promotion last week. Then you and everyone who bought One Piece when it first went on sale would bitch and then no one would buy anything the last week that wasn't going to end being on sale for and wait to buy everything when the promotion began.

this kind of promo is the exact reason why i held off on renewing my PS+ membership. I usually never spend enough for the "spend x amount, get y back". But i knew the PS+ membership would put me over the edge.

bread's done
Back