PSN - NIS Downloadable Games 50% and more.

Alexisonfire

CAGiversary!
With the launch of the PSP Go, Sony has decided to put several games on a temporary, week long sale. Now, I don't know the workings of the PSN and how it coverts US money to Magic Sony money to Canadian money (just got a PSP last month), but here are the prices listed on the store, as well as other sites.

Nippon Ichi games:

Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - $10
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - $15
Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! - $10
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - $5
Dragoneer's Aria - $15
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - $15

Other Games:
Dead Head Fred - $8
Cube - $5
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlods - $8
WTF: Work Time Fun - $5
PQ: Practical Intelligence Quotient - $5
PQ: Practical Intelligence Quotient 2 - $8
TV Show King - $8
and possibly more (that's all I found).

Considering the rarity of NIS games at retail, I think this is an excellent way for people to pick up these games who don't necessarily want to pay high eBay or rare game shop prices. Prinny especially, since I haven't seen that game for under $45 anywhere in town (and that was used).

Wow is this really a sale? I thought it was just how they were priced regularly. I just got the Go, now I gotta see if I should changed some of the games I plan to purchase (Mainly, GT and GoW)

Uuuuugh... I can't afford it right now but I really should take the advantage of the inexpensive opportunity to "digitize" my copies of Disgaea and Prinny: Hero i.e. buy the digital copy and Goozex my original.

I don't have a Go yet and won't buy one for a long while, but I do have a handful of large memory sticks and want to convert my whole library to digital copies before I even think of upgrading. And really, I've always been a fan of digital copies over hard copies. Convenience over sentimentality.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']I recently bought a normal PSP. Can I download those games or do I need the PSPGO?
I have a 2GB memory stick.[/QUOTE]

I have a PSP-2000 and a 2GB memory stick. So yes.

Well, a UMD can hold up to 1.8GB so you'll be able to store at least one game in almost all cases (given the actual space of 1.83GB for a 2GB card and factoring in save files and DLC.) Many games are much smaller.

However if you do plan on buying a fair bit of digital content, it's probably better to invest in a larger card--8GB at least. You can keep copies of games you're not currently playing on your PC (not Mac yet, though hopefully someday) but the whole convenience issue relies on being able to load multiple games at once. Needing to delete and re-write your memory stick every time to want to swap games is even worse than switching discs.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']How much space does one game take?[/QUOTE]

From the games I'm going to download and from what I checked on the store, Disgaea is ~900mb, Prinny is ~260mb, and Badman is ~76mb. I also have Patapon 2 on my card, which was ~340mb.

So, it's completely dependent on the game.

This is a side question I have, hopefully someone can answer it: it says that you have 5 downloads of a game on different PSP systems when you get the games. Does that mean I can transfer them onto 5 different PSP's (say if mine breaks and I get a new one... 4 times.)? or that I can only download/redownload 5 times in total?

For example of the latter: So if I delete Disgaea to make room for... whatever, then I can only download it 4 more times?

That's cool! Thx.
I think Ill get Prinny, the real game is so expansize.

Where's the cheapest place to get card. I paid 7.95 for 4GB. That's pretty cheap to me.

[quote name='Alexisonfire']From the games I'm going to download and from what I checked on the store, Disgaea is ~900mb, Prinny is ~260mb, and Badman is ~76mb. I also have Patapon 2 on my card, which was ~340mb.

So, it's completely dependent on the game.

This is a side question I have, hopefully someone can answer it: it says that you have 5 downloads of a game on different PSP systems when you get the games. Does that mean I can transfer them onto 5 different PSP's (say if mine breaks and I get a new one... 4 times.)? or that I can only download/redownload 5 times in total?

For example of the latter: So if I delete Disgaea to make room for... whatever, then I can only download it 4 more times?[/QUOTE]

A game can be activated on up to five different PSPs. You can download a game as much as you want.

I didnt realise it was a sale really. It was more like "Bout friggin time they made these downloables cheaper". Even for a sale, it's still pretty good. I'll probably pick u prinny & disgaea then before they go back up (i picked up mana khemia but was dissapointed that it was english va's only :( )

[quote name='WillGabriel']Well, a UMD can hold up to 1.8GB so you'll be able to store at least one game in almost all cases (given the actual space of 1.83GB for a 2GB card and factoring in save files and DLC.) Many games are much smaller.

However if you do plan on buying a fair bit of digital content, it's probably better to invest in a larger card--8GB at least. You can keep copies of games you're not currently playing on your PC (not Mac yet, though hopefully someday) but the whole convenience issue relies on being able to load multiple games at once. Needing to delete and re-write your memory stick every time to want to swap games is even worse than switching discs.[/QUOTE]

I would rather store it on my pc than to invest in a memory card. Those things cost a lot of money, especially Sony propriety cards! Sony should have limits for minis, a maximum of 5 MB and not cost more than $5.00.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Does anyone have a link that indicates the size of the downloadable PSP games, apart from looking on the PSN store?[/QUOTE]
It won't give you the sizes of DRMed versions, but:
http://redump.org/discs/system/psp/

Sizes are listed in bytes, divide by 1048576 if you want an accurate MB size.

Anyone got a full list? I just bought about $50's worth of games :3, Dead Head Fred and WTF?! are fantastic time killers and I've always wanted to try Prinny ($39.99 CND? fuck you).

[quote name='PuppetYuber']:( I bought Prinny for 39.99 USD from rosenqueen, fuck me![/QUOTE]

Can't you return it?

If you can't then well... at least you got a nice box and soundtrack for it?

[quote name='kathos']Can't you return it?

If you can't then well... at least you got a nice box and soundtrack for it?[/QUOTE]

i opened already, and ya it does come with a nice box and ost hehe

oh well =(, this is not the first and wont be the last either!

bread's done
Back